6 Boca Raton teens arrested in sexual...

6 Boca Raton teens arrested in sexual assault of 2 teen girls

There are 66 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 18, 2008, titled 6 Boca Raton teens arrested in sexual assault of 2 teen girls. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

An 18-year-old man arrested along with five other teenagers in a New Year's Day sexual assault on two young girls was ordered held Friday on $100,000 bond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

The Voice of Reason

Roselle, IL

#46 Jan 20, 2008
Passed out witness wrote:
Yes what happened to these girls is terrible. However-arresting 6 males without evidence is hardly fair. The girls were passed out drunk so how can their account be used to prosecute when they were not even awake?! I find it alarming that if in fact one male is guilty for the crime and the others were not involved, the other 5 are victims of the unjust justice system.I havent seen one comment that mentions the word alleged regarding the fact that all the males were involved or questions taking an account from two girls who were unconcious at the time of the crime. The attorneys of the accused should have a field day with this and the respective families lawsuits against the county for villifying the innocent.
They are innocent until proven guilty,the evidence shall either clear them or convict them. Meanwhile the press and the relatives of the accused will do what they can to add pain and agony to the victims, by unfairly portraying them in the most negative way possible, buy bringing up past incidents which are completely irrelevant. "Let's attack the victims (sarcasm).So I ask you "WHO IS BEING TREATED UNJUST?
Holly

Vero Beach, FL

#47 Jan 20, 2008
It seems like the "white version of Dunbar Village" I am white and this crime outrages me. To rape two little girls knowing they were under the influence of hard alchol is disgusting. I am sure through somehow someway the boys will walk with the "boca money lines". I also imagine this will close the mouths of many of the forums that kept going on and on about Dunbar village and the fact the boys were black, it seems any race is capable of barbaric crime and its frightning.

Is this what teenage boys have become? no matter what color or race cold-blooded rapists? Is this how they are being raised to have such little regard for female's that they believe they have the right and privlidge to sexually assualt? If so its very scary for women that young boys feel this way, and this is NOT a "boys will be boys" scenerio, its not blowing off firecrackers or stealing a pack of gum, this is a violent brutal crime against women, and the scary thing is both in Dunbar and in Boca the boys were so very young, can you imagine what they will be when they are older? They all need serious jail time.

I hope and pray the girls recover. I am sure they were given excellent care at the hospital, and I hope the anti-pregnancy morning after pill which is given to most rape victims and I hope they recieve counseling. Very very scary what has happened to our generation of young men.

Since: Dec 07

Palm Coast, FL

#48 Jan 20, 2008
MONTICELLO wrote:
<quoted text>
``````````First, although I appreciate your comments, the point is, I do not want BIG BROTHER coming into my life and telling me what can, or cannot be on tv. I am adult. At times I feel incarcerated by the children of our society -- because their parents do not supervise them - alternatively, there are parents who do supervise them -- so its hard to make such a generalization withhout being WRONG about someone. Secondly, there is nothing new about sex in our society. It did not get INVENTED in the 21st century. Sex, drugs, music, entertainment, pictures, paintings, prostitution, etc., have been with us since the beginning. Recall Mary Magdalene .. she was a .. ummm .. unsavory character .. way way back then. So to act as if its new, and frightening, is a bit over the top. Thirdly, I don't agree with you that girls get a free pass. Look at Mz. Lefave. Like men who have had sex with teens... she's hardly getting a free pass .. along with every other woman who dates YOUNGER men .. or has sex with them... for some reason its OKAY for men to do this.. but not okay for women. No one is special, here, we are all being targeted for sex, drugs, and other behavior, because society thinks its wrong. Is it wrong?
Well, go over to the Middleast & Africa, etc., and you will find young girls as young as 9 getting married to very old men, with their parents cooperation. The females are circumcized, and stoned if they are ALONE with men because women are viewed as having dishonored the HONOR of men, and their families. And yettt.... its part of one religion that if you blow yourself up in the name of God...that when you die...you get 20 + virgins in heaven...
Nothing is new here .. all of this is as old as time. Whats new is the rules regarding sex, marriage, and what is appropriate. Are young girls having sex? Yes. Are young men having sex? Yes. But, at the end of the day it OUR SINGULAR REPONSIBILITY .. not our neighbors.. to ensure appropriate behavior .. either sexually, or morally... I stand by the position that we all possess FREE WILL, and enter this world ALONE, and will exit ALONE... and soooo... we cannot constantly monitor tv, ads, and nudity certainly does not CAUSE anyone to lose control... WE just find excuses to blame other people for our actions. It is time we grew up, and took it on the chin... and own our actions ... no matter what.. if you are a good parent, bad parent, do it right, do it wrong, some people simply foul up... and that is the way it is..and the only people to blame? Is themselves.
Very well said,except if there was a man (involved with a girl) in LeFaves position, I think he would have paid a much higher price
Fed up

AOL

#49 Jan 20, 2008
if it was my daughter they would never see the court room..pretty close to the glades..
Mad

San Antonio, TX

#50 Jan 20, 2008
Holly wrote:
It seems like the "white version of Dunbar Village" I am white and this crime outrages me. To rape two little girls knowing they were under the influence of hard alchol is disgusting. I am sure through somehow someway the boys will walk with the "boca money lines". I also imagine this will close the mouths of many of the forums that kept going on and on about Dunbar village and the fact the boys were black, it seems any race is capable of barbaric crime and its frightning.
Is this what teenage boys have become? no matter what color or race cold-blooded rapists? Is this how they are being raised to have such little regard for female's that they believe they have the right and privlidge to sexually assualt? If so its very scary for women that young boys feel this way, and this is NOT a "boys will be boys" scenerio, its not blowing off firecrackers or stealing a pack of gum, this is a violent brutal crime against women, and the scary thing is both in Dunbar and in Boca the boys were so very young, can you imagine what they will be when they are older? They all need serious jail time.
I hope and pray the girls recover. I am sure they were given excellent care at the hospital, and I hope the anti-pregnancy morning after pill which is given to most rape victims and I hope they recieve counseling. Very very scary what has happened to our generation of young men.
String em all up! Im aghast at the total disrespect of of anothers being and this horrific crime.

While we are stringing people up lets bring along the boys parents as well, after all they raised these monsters!
Make Love Not War

Sanford, FL

#52 Jan 21, 2008
random wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all they are not men. one kid is 18. and the youngest of all has just turned 14 not even 10 days ago yet. and yes the one girl did lie of her where abouts. and none of the girls was gang raped. only one of the boys literally RAPED her not all SIX of them.
AND THAT MAKES IT OKAY??????
Make Love Not War

Sanford, FL

#53 Jan 21, 2008
White Chocolate wrote:
Man, let these little whores get the diicckk that they deserved.All of them where active anal,oral,and vaginal accepting participants.The 18yr old,should know better,but he got caught in the testoterone trap!He's young,cut him a break.The other boys are minors,let them GO!!!It's not illegal for people to have orgys and get da train ran on them...It happens ever freakin day.Sex is Sex, and teens are letting other teen boys pop that cherry everyday!!!!!!!!!!
It must get boring being 35 and still living in your parents den. Get some fresh air. You wouldn't know the first thing about getting laid, unless you paid for it.
Liza

Vero Beach, FL

#54 Jan 21, 2008
White Chocolate wrote:
Man, let these little whores get the diicckk that they deserved.All of them where active anal,oral,and vaginal accepting participants.The 18yr old,should know better,but he got caught in the testoterone trap!He's young,cut him a break.The other boys are minors,let them GO!!!It's not illegal for people to have orgys and get da train ran on them...It happens ever freakin day.Sex is Sex, and teens are letting other teen boys pop that cherry everyday!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if you would feel that way had one of the females raped been youre younger sister, girlfriend, friend, niece or Mother?? I hope you seek therapy very soon, if you really feel that way you need help badly, perhaps if this hit "closer to home" you would not be so abrasive, what if the girl had been youre DAUGHTER??? think about it and I am quite sure youre views would change dramatically!!!
random

AOL

#55 Jan 21, 2008
Make Love Not War wrote:
<quoted text>
AND THAT MAKES IT OKAY??????
when did i ever say it was okay? never but nice try.
Empathic Mom

Boca Raton, FL

#58 Jan 23, 2008
No innocent party here. From all i've read and viewed (news video clips) it's entirely possible that all were willing participants here. It is just as plausible that the girls, once caught, blamed the boys to protect themselves and their reputations. Who is guilty???? The parents! the Parents! The parents! What parent does not know EXACTLY where their YOUNG TEENAGER is on new years eve - of all nights. These particular victims have less than favorable reputations amongst their peers. They are all kids! Some of them without parental guidance. ALl are victims here. God help them all
Know the two boys

Miami, FL

#59 Jan 27, 2008
True... this is a terrible situation. However, my daughter is friends with the 18 year old. We have had this young man at our home many times. He is a good kid. He went to the police, told them what had happened. He was not part of this sexual act, he was there after the other 2 kids participated in sex. He actually turned the one girls head because she was vomitting and he tried to help. This was verified. Due to his age he was arrested the next day for rape and now is being tried as an adult. It is going to ruin this young mans life. One of the girls is in my daughters class, she came back to school laughing about the whole incident and "bragging". You tell me, is this the way someone that is raped actws? I was raped at the age of 16 by a "friend". I did not laugh about it. I have a 18 year old daughter at West Boca High School. If I did not trust this young man and believe him I would not let him in my home. But I do. One other thing,,, the parents. Although my daughter is 18, she has a curfew on 12:00 on weekends and 11PM on weekdays. On New Years she was home with us. This is not a safe night for anyone to be out. What was a 13 and 14 year old doing ou at this time of the morning. These parents should have neglet charges filed. It is a terrible thing that happened. But, who is really to blame? Yes, no is no, but was that really said?

Since: Jan 08

Boca Raton, FL

#60 Jan 27, 2008
BocaTeen wrote:
Also, I know the victims and all of the suspects except one. I also think the parents are at partial fault, KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR KIDS maybe they wouldn't be with that many boys at one time and this never would have happened. The scary thing is the boys are all nice kids, some play sports and are successful in them. Im not blaming anyone for what happened though the girls shouldn't lead the boys on at all if they dont want any trouble
You ARE correct. Mr. Long is a good kid. He has been to my home many times and my 18 year old daughter and William Long are friends. The PARENTS should be heald responsible too. My 18 year old even has a curfew. She has to be home by 12 midnight. What was a 13 and 14 year old doing out at this time in the morning?

I think it is a terrible thing that happened, however, I have one question... Why is one of the victims laughing and bragging about the incident in school? Is this the act of a rape victim?
Voice of Reason

Roselle, IL

#61 Feb 3, 2008
Know the two boys wrote:
True... this is a terrible situation. However, my daughter is friends with the 18 year old. We have had this young man at our home many times. He is a good kid. He went to the police, told them what had happened. He was not part of this sexual act, he was there after the other 2 kids participated in sex. He actually turned the one girls head because she was vomitting and he tried to help. This was verified. Due to his age he was arrested the next day for rape and now is being tried as an adult. It is going to ruin this young mans life. One of the girls is in my daughters class, she came back to school laughing about the whole incident and "bragging". You tell me, is this the way someone that is raped actws? I was raped at the age of 16 by a "friend". I did not laugh about it. I have a 18 year old daughter at West Boca High School. If I did not trust this young man and believe him I would not let him in my home. But I do. One other thing,,, the parents. Although my daughter is 18, she has a curfew on 12:00 on weekends and 11PM on weekdays. On New Years she was home with us. This is not a safe night for anyone to be out. What was a 13 and 14 year old doing ou at this time of the morning. These parents should have neglet charges filed. It is a terrible thing that happened. But, who is really to blame? Yes, no is no, but was that really said?
So Mr Long is a good kid who accidentally inserted his fingers into this poor young lady who was unconscious, because he was trying to help her? Yea right, get the facts straight lady, these girls told their parents they were going to the show WITH FRIENDS,at around 11:30pm-12:00am one of the mothers became panick stricken and began calling around to find where her daughter was, she finally called the hospitals and found TWO JANE DOES where admitted unconscious, one was clearly battered, with bruises on her face, hips, and back. The hospital staff followed procedures and determined a "rape kit" should be administered. This girls was not back in school for 2 weeks after the incident, is subjected to constant harassment by fools such as you and your daughter, while all along the HERO WILLIAM LONG, held her down so another boy could have his way. Your judgment in people clearly sucks, as does your defense of a known pedophile. Mr Long signed a sworn statement the night of the crime, but was not arrested for at least 2 more weeks, because evidence and the other suspects stories pointed toward him being an active and willing participant. GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER IF YOU CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN A RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS CREEP.
Butler

West Palm Beach, FL

#63 Feb 3, 2008
your comment mandingo is useless.
Disgusted

Chicago, IL

#64 Mar 7, 2008
I am an outsider reading this horrifying story, having sons myself I am mortified that some of you are not putting blame on these young men who SHOULD have been raised to respect another human being especially in a troubled situation. I am disgusted that you people see no wrong in what these boys did to these girls regardless of their reputation. That NEVER gives another person to violate them and I would be devastated if my sons did these horrible acts. We must live in a sick world if we are blaming 2 innocent girls who may have had too much to drink. I realize they should not have been drinking but come on, like no one drank when you shouldn't have. Thank God this never happened to you then. It really does boil down to this - respecting someone else regardless of their vulnerability. These girls were clearly incapacitated, how can THEY be the ones held responsible for being violated? Doesn't anyone teach their children morals anymore??? This is very sad and I pray that these girls can come through this. Maybe these boys will someday have daughters of their own and have some remorse of what they did to another human being and how THEY ruined 2 young girls lives as well. As for the girl at school laughing, maybe this was her coping with this terrible situation - she clearly will need therapy.
Elektric

AOL

#65 Mar 22, 2008
i am one of the girls older sister
this had nothing to do with bad parenting because my mother is a very capable parent
these boys gave my sister and her friend alcohol to take advantage of them
to me, this is a crime and they should be punished severely
and screw all the people who dont know anything and think theyre making it up, becasue they are not
if u saw them in the hospital that night, ud believe them, and not 5 disgusting teenage boys
Elektric

AOL

#66 Mar 22, 2008
Know the two boys wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE correct. Mr. Long is a good kid. He has been to my home many times and my 18 year old daughter and William Long are friends. The PARENTS should be heald responsible too. My 18 year old even has a curfew. She has to be home by 12 midnight. What was a 13 and 14 year old doing out at this time in the morning?
I think it is a terrible thing that happened, however, I have one question... Why is one of the victims laughing and bragging about the incident in school? Is this the act of a rape victim?
you are an insane piece of shit
theyre not bragging, theyre being tourtured by kids at school and harrased probally by ure daughter
y dont u open ure eyes and see that these boys commited a crime
Matt L

West Palm Beach, FL

#67 Mar 24, 2008
the fact most kids today are just out of control; no concept of right and wrong; no concept of danger; ok, we all know that is part of the age of the brain but come on.....the parents of all these kids should be held fully accountable for not doing their job teaching their kids of danger, consequences, lying, cheating, unprotected sex and everytying. are they truly all living in a bubble?
this crime is horrific and sad.
our judicial system takes too long; these boys and that is all they are shold have already been put away? where are they? cozy at home? using the internet, their cells; it all is insane; just insane. In the end the parents are culpible b/c they did not know where their kids were, did not know what they wre up to and just could not control them. whatever happened to keeping kids home? but no..........we don't say no to them anymore; in the end all this proves is how crazy the world is........and getting worse all the time.
at some point we will see more about this on tv; we can only hope the boys are locked up for a long time and that the girsl get the help they need. And the parents will just have to live with the consequences of having jailed kids. Their failings: they are like their kids: immature, don't want to give things up and don't want to say NO and be reeled in; well here is the end result: multiple lives damaged.
leave them alone

Miami, FL

#68 Apr 19, 2008
leave the boys alone everyone is saying different stories,rumors,and lies. i bet know one who has posted comments know the real story . i think everyone should just keep what they have to say to them selves becuase if they did there wouldnt be half the rumors going around that there is . and im sure the girls arent very inasint either so this is all just a whole bunch of drama that will follow all these kids threw there whole life . some of you people should put yourself in the boys shoes there being called rapest! i dont understand that. how can you actualy call children rapest or a criminal you must have problems! kids are kids they make mistakes this needs to be forgotten . its sickening seeing how many adults and young adults are acting like children with the rumors everone just needs to stop with all the drama and move on get over yourself!
Jessica L

Delray Beach, FL

#69 Apr 20, 2008
i think everyone should just leave the boys alone, what did they ever do to any of you? the girls arent inasint either. maybe no one diserves what happened to the girls but what about the boys is it really fair to punish them and be mean to them for something half of you don't even know the real story. i happened to know the girls and some of the boys and one of the boys really ment everything to me his name is blake and i know for a fact he doesnt diserve this nor any of the stuff you people say about him or the rest of the boys. ive met his parents to and i know they brought him up just right hes perfect and i beleave in him! i no the girls to and i don't have anything to say about them. i feel bad about what happened for both partys but you all can say what you'd like but i know my boys are inocent and i suport them 10000000000% and everything that happened that night don't say the boys gave them alcohol because the girls have been drinking long befor this happened and the boys dident shuv it down there throught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) 7 hr YO VINNIE 1,476
Does Delaire Owe Delray Beach Tens of Thousands... Aug 16 dela gov 1
News Reject latest push by suburbia into Agricultura... Aug 10 WhiskeySix 2
Is Delray Beach a nice place to live? (Jan '10) Aug 5 Lila10 103
Trader Jacks on A1A (Aug '09) Aug 3 Nancy M 30
k3vr (Aug '08) Aug 3 exK3VR 36
News Curly-Tailed Lizard Population Threatens Native... (Mar '08) Aug 2 may 153

Boca Raton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance