Do you approve of Lamar Fisher as Mayor?

Posted in the Boca Raton Forum

john

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Nov 20, 2012
he is corrupt
People 4 Pompano

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Dec 22, 2012
The next election for Mayor of Pompano is on March 12th 2013. Mayor Fisher and David Baumwald are both going for the position. Mayor Fisher is running on his merit. Mr. Baumwald is running as the "working man". He believes Pompano is due for a change and he feels he is it. I heard him say "when you drive down Federal Highway in Deerfield and Lighthouse Point the road is pretty. There are uniform trees clean curbs and decorations for holidays. Then you hit Pompano. It looks sloppy and old not to mention its becoming a ghost strip. Its great that we are finally getting around to making changes on Atlantic Blvd but our main thoroughfare looks horrible and that should be first on a repair list." How can you expect people to be proud of a town that isn't even proud of itself.
Mayor Fisher I commend what your doing but why has it taken a rival candidate to get you moving?
Mr. Baumwald you have my vote. I hope you win. Its time for a change in Pompano give the people back a voice in how we progress. GOOD LUCK MR. DAVID BAUMWALD!
Monique

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Dec 22, 2012
I know Mr. BAUMWALD. He owns D and M Home Development Corp. a Pompano based business for about 12 years now. He gets up in the morning as most people do and puts his pants on one leg at a time as most people. He isn't out to make a name for himself as mayor and he isn't expecting to get rich on tax payer monies. HE HONESTLY LOVES POMPANO BEACH. Hes lived here about 35 years and wants it to be as productive as it was when he was growing up here.
In the 12 years I've lived here there hasn't been any changes other then Pompano square being turned into what it is now. And now Atlantic is getting a "face lift". I like that things are getting "changed" but I don't understand why its taken 2 terms to do it. I also don't understand why a "BORROWED" slogan had to cost so much money. I've lived in large cities to small/tiny towns and in my opinion when it was found out someone else owned the slogan it should have been given to the people of Pompano to come up with a slogan. I have seen it done this way. A gift certificate to a town owed business could have been the incentive. Even if 5000 dollars cash were offered it would have been better then what was spent on something we can't call our own. Pompano needs fresh eyes. DAVID BAUMWALD HAS FRESH EYES.
These opinions are my own. If I've gotten anyone upset I am very sorry as I've said these are my opinions no one else's.
Mr Biggs

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Feb 13, 2013
I have heard him speak. As a someone that has to deal with the building department, he knows how much that has to be changed. He will lead that charge. As others have posted, I agree. Take a count and there are more cars traveling Federal than Atlantic. That should have been the focus of the redo. We need businesses for more employment and growth. Lots of small bank branches being built that don't add as much to the tax roles as bigger buildings.
Pompano Businessman

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Feb 22, 2013
He is corrupt and holding the growth of Pompano Beach back!
Walter P

Miami, FL

#7 Feb 22, 2013
The Mini-Mayor wanna-be is a useless candidate. He has never served in public office and has no history of holding
Walter P

Miami, FL

#8 Feb 22, 2013
(continued)
one.

Granted, Mr. Baumwald is a nice guy, but you don't hire a plumber to bake you a cake. You wait until that person has proven they have the experience to bake a cake or "to get the job done right."

He is working hard to get elected,knocking on doors ect. but I want to know who is funding his election effort.

There are some very shady bar and night club owners who want to keep their clubs open later. They will have a better chance of convincing a new Mayor to that than the current one.

Voting for the Mini-Mayor might send a message, of displeasure but it would be disastorus for a city that finally seems to be moving in the right direction, if he won.

and Mr. Baumwald, if you are serious, run for Commissioner first. Get som seat time in a small plane before you attempt to fly a jet.
David Baumwald

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Feb 22, 2013
In response to the above; In reality, the commissioners do most of the work involved in the day to day decisions in the city, along with the city manager.
If you are not aware, the Mayor at large simply plans the vision of a city and the commissioners carry this out. The Mayor votes on all resolutions brought before the commission and sits in the budget committee meetings.
I have been on the community appearance committee for 3 1/2 yrs appointed by a commissioner and The Mayor.
I have followed the politics of the city for 30 + years. So, I have my small time in a plane in. Flying the big jet just takes more determination, and you said yourself...I have that. Thank you for your honest opinions. I appreciate honesty above all else.

Since: Feb 13

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Mar 4, 2013
I am running for Mayor, Our taxes have gone up 9% since this mayor took office. Crime is a level 4..100 being the best. Our building dept is so difficult to work with(try pulling a permit). As a construction co. owner i know this to be fact.
Too many other broken promises for 10 years this city has not done what they said they would.
VOTE March 12th for Change in Pompano Beach.
Fed up

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Mar 10, 2013
David Baumwald is driving me crazy with these ROBOCALLS. Calls several times a day. Numbers are from Washungton DC,Allentown Penn. and Chicago (so Far)Mr. Baumwald will not get my vote.
Megan Hates Politics

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Mar 14, 2013
I don't care about politics at all but after finding out that David Baumwald had a criminal record I decided to do some research, thinking "How bad could it be?" Baumwald has been arrested for possession of cocaine and dealing in stolen property and was actually convicted for some of his crimes. Wrong place wrong time? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS BAUMWALD?! Your a typical Pompano Beach fuck boy and I will NEVER vote for you. You would think that you would learn your lesson about being in the wrong place at the wrong time after your first or second arrest, but you didn't. We don't need people with loose morals running this city, that just creates more scumbags like you.
Vida Maldonado Gibson

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Apr 10, 2013
"The People's Mayor" thats what I think of Mayor Lamar Fisher. He's a politician true and the lines get blurry anyone who thinks they can do better is welcome to try but Lamar Fisher regarless of your personal thoughts on him gets the job done. He's not afraid to walk in Pompano and I don't mean east of Dixie! Can't say that for most deputies even the Sheriff.. and they're armed! It's certainly your right to feel and say what you want but unless you've walked these streets in Collier City best to reserve judgement. Thank you Mayor Fisher for more increased police presence and cracking down on shaddy business, our community is better for it.
sharona

Yawkey, WV

#14 Apr 22, 2013
I missed the election who won

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crimestoppers 4 hr Bcb 1
Review: G8 Van Lines Sun Jessie Ruiz 4
Boca's Kelsey Cooper Charged With DUI Manslaughter Sat Saint Anger 2
Review: Travel Options Inc (Sep '11) Sat maria 123
Delray Beach to consider tighter control of hal... (Apr '09) Oct 16 Duey 35
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Oct 16 YO VINNIE 1,044
Craft picture color printing Oct 15 maryjaneprincton 2
Boca Raton Dating
Find my Match

Boca Raton Jobs