Boca teen killed in one-car crash on ...

Boca teen killed in one-car crash on Lyons Road

There are 234 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 7, 2007, titled Boca teen killed in one-car crash on Lyons Road. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal one-car crash that occurred about 1 a.m. Thursday at Lyons Road and New England Boulevard in which an 18-year-old woman was killed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Since: May 07

Candler, NC

#61 Jun 7, 2007
RED BARON wrote:
Very tragic. With privledged Hollyweird party girls like Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, etc. as young female role models today, sadly this sort of thing will begin happening far more often.
Kids were drinking and driving long before the likes of Paris, etc. were born. A very sad story but one we see repeated over and over.
Watz Next

Maitland, FL

#63 Jun 7, 2007
Settle down, that poster was actually sticking up for them.

May she rest in peace and her family and loved ones find comfort in each other (not this forum!). It would be best to advise them not to read this stuff as too many people will be cruel and thoughtless just for the heck of it.
A family friend wrote:
<quoted text> You unbeleivable bafoons! IN THE WAKE OF A TRAGEDY SUCH AS THIS YOU HAVE THE TEMARITY TO SEND OUT THIS MANDACIOUS CRAP FOR HER PARENTS TO READ ? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? HAVE YOU NO CONSCIENCE? SHE HAD A FULL SCOLARSHIP TO U.M. WHICH DENOTES AT LEAST A HIGHER LEVEL OF ACHEIVEMENT THAN YOU TWO FOOLS! TAKE SOME CARE IN HOW YOU REMEMBER PEOPLE AS THE SAME MAY VISIT YOU WHEN YOU PASS!
Sixx

Odessa, FL

#64 Jun 7, 2007
I will say it once again. WE ALL did stupid things when we were young and some of us are lucky to be alive. To poke fun at the death of a child is not ony cold hearted but very ignorant!

“Lung Butter is Yummy!”

Since: Jan 07

Ft. Liquordale

#65 Jun 7, 2007
I send my love and thoughts to the family of the passed on, may she find serenity and solace waiting for her...It's kind of shocking that they were in a Volvo and wearing a seatbelt. The only thing I can think of is they flipped or spun-out and she slammed into the pole on the driver side.
Adolph Oliver Pubies

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#66 Jun 7, 2007
Sue wrote:
<quoted text> Oh pleaswe, eighteen is too young? Get real! Maybe some seniors should also have someone under seventy drive with them.
Not a bad idea!
Eric

Delray Beach, FL

#67 Jun 7, 2007
I knew this girl and she had the biggest heart in the world, everyone makes bad decisions, I still can't believe this happened. All of you that have negative comments, just imagine if it was your wife, girlfriend, daughter. It disgusts me that a tragedy like this could bring about some of the things some of you said. R.I.P. Emily you will be terribly missed <3
A West Boca Mom

United States

#68 Jun 7, 2007
Benny Perlman wrote:
As someone who has gone to school with Courtney since middle school and Emily since high school, I would like to express my grief in hearing about this incident.
Accidents do happen, not all the time will alcohol or drugs be involved. The two involved both just graduated high school, I was there. Emily was set to attend University of Miami. She had good grades, and even was a Student Aide in high school.
I would appreciate if people would stop blaming the parents, stop blaming alcohol, stop blaming drugs, accidents happen and we just have to accept that and move on.
I grieve for Emily and I grieve for Courtney, as well as the families involved....Emily, rest in peace ...
My deepest condolences to the Levine Family. My daughter went to school with Emily and I just saw her a couple of weeks ago at the Honors Banquet - a young lady already - and from a good family. How tragic to leave the world so young with so much promise for the future.

Life is so tentative. Kids, tell your parents you love them. Parents, do the same and make sure your kids know they are loved. We never know that tragedy may strike and leave behind bereaved loved ones and friends.

And to the morons posting venom on this site, can't you have some decency and respect? Do you just love to see your posts, regardless of how it may hurt someone? A grieving family has lost their daughter.
Marisa Ratoff

Boca Raton, FL

#69 Jun 7, 2007
I knew Emily since elementary school when we started going to Hebrew school together. At least thatÂ’s my oldest memory of her. She was always sweet, smart and nice, and I always remember her smiling. Even just a few weeks ago in our last day of classes together I thought to myself that it was a shame that her and I had grown so far apart. My deepest condolences go out to the friends and family of Emily Levine.
@)---}----
sherif

Hollywood, FL

#70 Jun 7, 2007
my 2 cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kidding right?? I still live at New England & Lyons - She had the accident on Lyons not New England. And if you did live here you know how fast people drive on these roads. It may have only been her car but have you thought about the fact that another car may have caused it or she had to swerve to avoid something such as a animal. My kids know these 2 girls. Ever think maybe they were coming home from work?? Stop jumping to conclusions about something terrible - the police will figure it out not your dumb a**es.
I agree with 100%. They could have been coming home from the movies for all anyone knows!!!!Not all kids do drugs and drink!!!!
but seriously

Boynton Beach, FL

#71 Jun 7, 2007
Athina wrote:
To all the people posting nasty things here, you have absolutely no right to judge this young woman. For all you know, she was coming home from work, the roads were slippery from rain, there are hundreds of possible scenarios.
When you say horrible nasty things as a family is grieving, I hope your nasty words follow you and haunt you. Eventually your conscious will catch up to your big mouth.
while I agree the comments here are insensitive at best, my question to you is, If they are going to upset you so much, why come here and read them?
You can't censor these people. I disagree with their mean comments, but will defend their right to make them.
Rest in peace.
sherif

Hollywood, FL

#72 Jun 7, 2007
Nice wrote:
Hmmmm...18 yrs old....1am in the morning...alcohol/drugs involved...YES!!!
Did you eat an extra bowl of stupid this morning or what? Just because your kid drinks and does drugs doesn't mean everyone elses kids do!!!! DUMB A55
sherif

Hollywood, FL

#73 Jun 7, 2007
TwoEvils wrote:
You can bet speed was involved!
And how do you know this?
sherif

Hollywood, FL

#74 Jun 7, 2007
Happy in New Mexico wrote:
I really believe that it is time for the Sun Sentinel to stop posting readers comments on stories. The comments by some of the people regarding this story are truly disgusting, and not only this story, but almost every one. These posting boards are being populated by some of the most vitriolic people I have ever seen. I for one, will stop reading these terrible posts starting immediately. It has been an eye-opening experience.
THE PEOPLE THAT POST THE NASTY THINGS ARE LITTLE COWARDS.IN REAL LIFE THEIR THE ONES THAT RUN AND HIDE WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS.THE NET IS A WAY FOR THEM TO BE LITTLE BILLY BAD A55ES THAT HIDE BEHIND THEIR COMPUTER! YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME ON THESE DILL HOLES!!!!
Respect

Deerfield Beach, FL

#76 Jun 7, 2007
It is not our place to pass judgement.What happen could have happen to anyone at any time. This was a horrible-horrible accident.

My prayers to the family!!!
Chill

Boca Raton, FL

#77 Jun 7, 2007
Would she want us to spend our time yelling at theese morons? Just let the idiots be as they may and focus on what is important right now.
Brittany Bluestein

AOL

#79 Jun 7, 2007
Well to everyone who wrote those nasty comments - dont worry karma it will come back to you.
Ive been friends with Emily since we were in 9th grade and she was an amazing girl and not to mention a great friend. I was actually supposed to be with her and Courtney last night. Im still in shock and havent stopped crying for 2 hours. Emily you will never be forgotten and may you rest in peace..iloveyou!
Gia

Hollywood, FL

#80 Jun 7, 2007
people on here blaming and yellin at the parents need to get lives...emily was a very good friend of mine..i met her in 9th grade on the lacrosse team...she was always to encouraging to me and always helping me out..she has been such an amazing friend to me..i will never forget her and her smile in the halls..i love you emmmiillooo! rip
a teacher

Boca Raton, FL

#81 Jun 7, 2007
i hope all of the students who just graduated with emily will join together and fund a scholarship in her name at the high school. this would be a legacy that her parents would greatly appreciate. an intelligent girl needs to be remembered in an intelligent manner.
Don

Hollywood, FL

#83 Jun 7, 2007
Did any of you overly critical fools ever think they may have been baby sitting the children of an adult who works second shift somewhere. They were on the way home from babysitting. They were making money for college. Think before you open your mouth and type your nonsense.
Dustbunny

Hialeah, FL

#84 Jun 7, 2007
hmmmm wrote:
what are an 18 yr old and a 17 yr old doing out at 1am on a wed night??? great parenting job. she couldnt have been speeding, right? maybe some wacky weed and a 40 or two.
I was thinking the same thing -- especially about the 17-year-old, since she's still a minor, for all intents and purposes. If either or both still live at home, then they both should've been home by now! It also states "her" 2005 Volvo. How does an 18-year-old obtain such a car unless mommy & daddy (stupidly) gave it to her?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boca Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deerfield Beach: Shooting suspect claims slayin... (Aug '07) 5 hr Longingcloser 23
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Sat YO VINNIE 1,318
Trick Opmin Ucweb Celcom Maxis Malaysia (Apr '12) Fri jyps 9
Review: I Love Kickboxing Jun 24 Betty 7
Review: Half Price Kitchen Bath & Granite (Aug '12) Jun 24 Half Price 8
Is Delray Beach a nice place to live? (Jan '10) Jun 19 Old Delray 73
News Boca Raton vet clinic sued after toy poodle suf... (Feb '08) Jun 16 Samson 222
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boca Raton Mortgages