Oregon man pleads innocent to manslaughter charges

Oct 21, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KMTR-TV

An Oregon man accused of causing a two-vehicle crash that killed four people on Interstate 84 pleaded not guilty Monday to charges of manslaughter and driving under the influence of intoxicants.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jun 30, 2013
chris katanga

Vancouver, WA

#1 Oct 22, 2008
John Carlgren a friend of mine ,was most lilely stoned or coked up along with a 12 pack in his truck ,after hitting several taverns on the way home , i feel for the family of the four dead . I know to say sorry is nothing .I do not think fourty years in jail can repay the debt he owes to theses families
Not guilty

East Wenatchee, WA

#3 Oct 22, 2008
Not guilty?! are you kidding?! tell john to grow some and take some responsibility for himself!
Luci Kilpatrick

AOL

#4 Oct 23, 2008
I know it is unimaginable to hear that this man pleaded innocent to these horrible charges--but if he had pleaded guilty he would have went to jail right away. I hope and pray that this man gets the punishment befitting his crime.
family

Eugene, OR

#5 Oct 24, 2008
He is my family member, and I suggest you shut the hell up. Unless you were there, you have no right making accusations. What is did was terrible, but to make statements of drugs is insane. Let the police do their work.
Hermiston Resident

Tillamook, OR

#6 Oct 25, 2008
To All:

Yes, let the police do their work. Why was this man even driving? After that many DUI'S, he should have never been able to get behind the wheel of any vehicle. A little to late though. He has destroyed the lives of many, including his own family.

My heart and prayers are with ALL those affected.
uncle joe- WA

Snohomish, WA

#7 Oct 28, 2008
Hey let john go prison/jail; and be bubba bed buddy aswell as shower friend when he drops the soap. I'm the uncle of Michelle Sawyer. Who leaves a 5 y.o. child with out a mother.The 5y.o. all she have to remember her mom is a HEADSTONE AND PICTURES. At least john family can go see him in prison is that fair? How would you like it, if he hit and killed your family member.
This is not his only DUI he has. What about in the 1980's. and again the 2 1991(april, august)with a suspened license, and again in 93 and that time get it revolked. Darn state of Oregon returned it to him in 98. In 5 years he got cited 2 for driving. then drive like a mad man doing 25 oveer the speed limit 90 in a 65 and 80 in a 55. And just recently he got nailed again for speeding in HOOD RIVER. Also what about his bad behaivor fighting with the police in 1995.
I'M SO HAPPY THEY RAISED IS BAIL TO 1 MILLION DOLLARS AND CHARGED HIM WITH 4 COUNTS OF 1 DEGREE AND 4 COUNTS OF SECOND DEGREE MANSLATER, AND ANOTHER DUII.
uncle joe- WA

Snohomish, WA

#8 Oct 28, 2008
WHAT IS JOHN BLOOD ALCOHOL LEVEL AND DID THEY DO A PEE TEST FOR DRUGS? how can you stay awake from UTAH to western oregon. driving straight through. Last year my brother and I drover from western washington to west valley Utah. WE SWITCH DRIVERS WHEN WE GOT TIRED. ONE WAY IS 875 MILES.
john looks like to me be not that bright. he needs bubba in the shower room and in the prison cell.
Jerry Singer

Cascade, ID

#9 Oct 30, 2008
Oregon needs to confiscate vehicles PERMANENTLY after TWO DUIs and then have some sort of electronic thingy majiggy that prevents the person from driving ANY CAR for as long as Oregon deems necessary. I mean,a person can have 5,000 DUIs and if that person is determined to drive>>>...they drive!! We need to use technology for the good of the common citizen.
CoWorker

Fresno, CA

#10 Nov 8, 2008
I was working with John on saturday ! He was NOT on drugs , but I'm sure he was drunk by the time he wrecked ! John was always very fair to me , I wish he had been with those 4 innocent victims ! I feel bad for his family as well as all other families involved ! That being said I have absolutely no mercy in my heart for John , what sentence he gets will in no way be sufficient for what he has done ! Old testament states "an eye for an eye" ! I believe that is how it should be !
CoWorker

Fresno, CA

#11 Nov 8, 2008
P.S. To the families of all the victims , My prayers are with you , I know that isn't much , but I can't take back what this man did . Nobody can !
friend

Hubbard, OR

#12 Feb 6, 2009
the facts are that the car had a flat and was not off the road, a tragic event for all involved. Many could put themselves in the position of trying to get home from work a long way from home-most people have their own demons to face and only they know them, only never got caught.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Happy Valley, OR

#13 Feb 9, 2009
Intoxicants?
greg

Portland, OR

#14 Jul 24, 2009
you are related to a scumbag...he's going to rot in jail for the rest of his life
victoria steed

Portland, OR

#15 Jun 30, 2013
One of the victims in this crash was my cousin (fred jr) And even tho we weren't close its still hard losing a family member. He was going to get married. His fiance also killed had a daughter. 4 years almost have went by and I still think about this and miss my cousin

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boardman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 23 We Hate Coos Bay ... 204
Trumbo Faces Critics (Sep '06) Jul '14 DDB 20
Who was recently arrested Jul '14 Bud 1
Sylvia Walcott Jun '14 Luke 1
malay girl Jun '14 la megon 2
Film will look at fight over coal exports Apr '14 Larry Jane 1
India police charge 6 in latest gang rape of yo... (Dec '13) Apr '14 Humhainna 5
•••

Fire Warning for Morrow County was issued at September 02 at 8:52AM PDT

•••
•••

Boardman Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Boardman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••