General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sal...

General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

There are 5496 comments on the Bloomberg story from Jul 10, 2008, titled General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

BIGBUCKS

AOL

#5094 Oct 15, 2012
lighting going down wrote:
Our understanding is that if you are over 60 you get both but under and fall into 55/30 slot, you must choose. Severance or retirement. That is with
a plant closing. But seems like each plant wants to have their own rules. Told there is a difference if you are union or not union even though before they would follow what union plants always done. Employees have to fight for everything now.
=======

I think you are wrong. That is why we are going to hang in until the end. I know we will get a plant closing check..
new to here

Brunswick, OH

#5095 Oct 15, 2012
If you are laid off & still have callback rights, and the plant closes- can you retire at 55? Or do you have to be active duty?
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5096 Oct 16, 2012
BIGBUCKS wrote:
<quoted text>
=======
I think you are wrong. That is why we are going to hang in until the end. I know we will get a plant closing check..
May I ask which PLANT you are talking about when you say they are going to close, so you will just hang in there ........ Is it in OHIO ... I heard a few rumors also ...
tired

Columbus, OH

#5097 Oct 16, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>May I ask which PLANT you are talking about when you say they are going to close, so you will just hang in there ........ Is it in OHIO ... I heard a few rumors also ...
What rumors have you heard???
Rumor Mill

AOL

#5098 Oct 17, 2012
tired wrote:
Rumor Mill replied yes that people retired under a direct impact sero. What are the guidelines that make you qualify for a direct impact sero?
Same guidelindes as before only YOU have to be directly impacted. Not your department. If your job is going out or being elimated, and you are 55 or have 30 years of service then you qualify. They only open so many slots. It doesn't get handed down to others in the department. IF there are slots still open after the affected people are asked others can go, but they will not be elegible for benefits and other goodies.
bigbucks

AOL

#5100 Oct 19, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>May I ask which PLANT you are talking about when you say they are going to close, so you will just hang in there ........ Is it in OHIO ... I heard a few rumors also ...
More than likely the plants who are getting down to less than 100 employees will not last. The utilities of the building alone will cut into profis. Not to mention the age of the building itself. No new products made their either.
Thomas Scutillo

United States

#5101 Oct 19, 2012
OHIO has tardbillys....t~0uchers

A guideline is a statement by which to determine a course of action. A guideline aims to streamline particular processes according to a set routine or sound practice. By definition, following a guideline is never mandatory. Guidelines are not binding and are not enforced

n. 1. a rule or set of rules giving guidance on how to behave in a situation. Translations. guidelines
Thomas Scutillo

United States

#5102 Oct 19, 2012
ohio will take a huge fleet of school buses to a one room school house.... and swear they are just following the guidelines to hookie playin trouble making drop out outs and build huge jails...or send people all over the country to steal your job
Thomas Scutillo

United States

#5103 Oct 19, 2012
ohio collective stupidity!! in the news...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5104 Oct 20, 2012
Ho Hum. Drug induced Blubber.

Remember:

1) look at name
2)skip over.

Damn! I forgot that this morning.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5105 Oct 22, 2012
Thomas Scutillo wrote:
ohio collective stupidity!! in the news...
What is your problem, did they drop you on your head when you were born or did they slap you on the wrong side !!!!!!!!
new to here

Brunswick, OH

#5106 Oct 22, 2012
Still trying to get an answer-if Ohio Lamp closes-and I am laid off, but have call back rights, can I take the retirement, or is that only for active employees?
ASZQZ

Columbus, OH

#5107 Oct 22, 2012
new to here wrote:
Still trying to get an answer-if Ohio Lamp closes-and I am laid off, but have call back rights, can I take the retirement, or is that only for active employees?
It only applies to active employees.
Rumor Mill

AOL

#5108 Oct 22, 2012
ASZQZ wrote:
<quoted text>It only applies to active employees.
WAIT! Don't some benefits apply to people who been employed up to 18 months prior to the announcement? I believe so!
ASZQZ

Columbus, OH

#5109 Oct 22, 2012
How many plants have D. Ellsworth as there H.R. Representative?
bigbucks

AOL

#5110 Oct 29, 2012
Rumor Mill wrote:
<quoted text>
WAIT! Don't some benefits apply to people who been employed up to 18 months prior to the announcement? I believe so!
==========
Maybe, get your benefits book out and see. Some do and others don't. Plus the new contract may have changed some benefits.
The Lone Stranger

United States

#5111 Oct 30, 2012
Any more OLP rumors out there?
Citygirl

Chillicothe, OH

#5112 Nov 2, 2012
What is going on with the circleville lamp plant. Is there really going to be a layoff. Like everybody's talking on here. That's sad they don't tell nobody about nothing.
Thomas Scutillo

Bethel, OH

#5113 Nov 2, 2012
maybe the way you process information.,, keeps then from telling you stuff
scooter

Ashville, OH

#5114 Nov 3, 2012
Citygirl wrote:
What is going on with the circleville lamp plant. Is there really going to be a layoff. Like everybody's talking on here. That's sad they don't tell nobody about nothing.
Yes layoffs are coming. Possibly in Jan. then another in June. Clearing out employees for the big kill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boardman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
STEM Education Survey 9 hr EducatorLady 1
why so many missing?? Oct 11 coco4u 1
Candidates for Mayor / Candidates for Board of ... Sep 27 Buckeye 1
Children for sale Sep 24 La marcus devron 1
Crackheads liberty motel Sep '17 Lol 1
Tim Ryan (D - OH) IT Pakistani Scandal Aug '17 Tim Ryan 1
News The Latest: Trump talks 'new immigration system... Aug '17 Maria 46

Boardman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance