General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

Jul 10, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Comments
3,361 - 3,380 of 5,449 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Mira Loma wrote:
GE is planning on moving the production of 8 bulbs from Hungary to Bucyrus. Don't know the type (bulb disription), but saw an email about it today.
thats interesting , they seem to be gaining a lot of business at Bucyrus. oh our new plant manager is patrick peterson not peter
Retiree

Findlay, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Seems a lot of production moving to Bucyrus, while Circleville Plant made front page news of Circleville Herald with a layoff of 60 people. Channel 6 news arrived at door and turned away. No comments from HR and employees not allowed to talk to news media. A lot of upset going on the last week inside plant. Employees backstabbing, dirty looks at each other, troublemaking. No comradery left, I guess. Everyone out for themselves and trying to keep a job. Sad.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Retiree wrote:
Seems a lot of production moving to Bucyrus, while Circleville Plant made front page news of Circleville Herald with a layoff of 60 people. Channel 6 news arrived at door and turned away. No comments from HR and employees not allowed to talk to news media. A lot of upset going on the last week inside plant. Employees backstabbing, dirty looks at each other, troublemaking. No comradery left, I guess. Everyone out for themselves and trying to keep a job. Sad.
Sounds like RLP
MLP Dragon

Columbiana, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

The reason Bucyrus is getting production moved there is it will be part of the Energy Group soon. That way the Company WILL get the government's tax write-offs because it will be producing energy efficient tubes and bulbs. The writing is on the wall for the rest{or what's left of the Lighting group}. The company spent millions getting ready to spinoff Lighting so be prepared for something to happen in the near future. Remember....the Company ONLY spends money on the factories that it plans on keeping. If you ask any of the Bucyrus workers see if any of their overtime is being cut. I'd bet/guarantee it isn't.
Sitting Bull

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Judged:

Retiree wrote:
Have the news talk to me..I will glady tell them what is goning on!!
need2KNOW

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Mira Loma wrote:
GE is planning on moving the production of 8 bulbs from Hungary to Bucyrus. Don't know the type (bulb disription), but saw an email about it today.
----

I think florescent long tubes.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

need2KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
----
I think florescent long tubes.
I looked up one and it was a F40T8, but was one of the 6 foot bulbs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

they make those anyway dont they
Divided We Fall

Greenville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

MLP Dragon wrote:
The reason Bucyrus is getting production moved there is it will be part of the Energy Group soon. That way the Company WILL get the government's tax write-offs because it will be producing energy efficient tubes and bulbs. The writing is on the wall for the rest{or what's left of the Lighting group}. The company spent millions getting ready to spinoff Lighting so be prepared for something to happen in the near future. Remember....the Company ONLY spends money on the factories that it plans on keeping. If you ask any of the Bucyrus workers see if any of their overtime is being cut. I'd bet/guarantee it isn't.
C&I has split but the only thing that went to energy was the industrial end such as motor controls etc., all of the lighting including Bucyrus will be in with appliances. They are receiving work from other closed plants because the are larger,more up to date and they have a two tier wage system, GE will keep closing plants down and consolidating them untill it is gone. Plants that passed a two tier wage aggreement will probably receive the work from other closed plants.
builder bob

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

kurt milburn has just purchased a 650,000 dollar home. i don't think he would do that if he was going to close circleville down right away. he is going to cut a lot of jobs to make himself look good but, it will keep circleville open for a while. of course that is just my opinion.
ohio

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Divided We Fall wrote:
<quoted text>
C&I has split but the only thing that went to energy was the industrial end such as motor controls etc., all of the lighting including Bucyrus will be in with appliances. They are receiving work from other closed plants because the are larger,more up to date and they have a two tier wage system, GE will keep closing plants down and consolidating them untill it is gone. Plants that passed a two tier wage aggreement will probably receive the work from other closed plants.
=======
Ohio Lamp has 2 tier wages, but the building his over 120 years old and has 3 floors.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

in or out wrote:
they make those anyway dont they
I don't know.
need2KNOW

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Sitting Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Have the news talk to me..I will glady tell them what is goning on!!
====
Are they closing?
Whatis going on?
the facts

Millfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Circleville Lamp Plant is not shutting down. Some products are in a sales slump. There will be good news coming to Circleville employees soon. Why are Corporate personnel coming there in the next few days? New product lines!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

i hope so for ya'll sake
need2KNOW

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

the facts wrote:
Circleville Lamp Plant is not shutting down. Some products are in a sales slump. There will be good news coming to Circleville employees soon. Why are Corporate personnel coming there in the next few days? New product lines!
===

That is good news. Pleas keep us posted on what new product you get.
need2KNOW

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

the facts wrote:
=
How many people are employed at your plat
need2KNOW

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

the facts wrote:
--- Sorry, I meant '"plant"
Lampmaker

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

need2KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
--- Sorry, I meant '"plant"
300 give or take a few...depending on the day of the week and who you talk to...media or HR.
builder bob

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

circleville has right at 280. it is posted in the hallway outside of the cafeteria. i also wonder why if we are going to get new product line or lines, which ever the case might be, they would still go ahead and ley people retire or lay them off.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boardman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 13 min xxxrayted 30,430
where is everyone? 11 hr guy from rogers 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Clayton gets $600K to upgrade roads (Feb '10) Aug 9 Rhonda 6
Who is this Thomas Scutillo ?? (Sep '13) Aug 8 nikki1007 3
Mountaineer Holds Breath Over Smoke-Ban Plan Aug 8 chris calvin 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230

Search the Boardman Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Boardman Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Boardman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••