• Other (explain below)
Comments
10,981 - 11,000 of 29,668 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#11549 Jun 2, 2012
Back To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Who contradicted himself? Wright or Obama, I know you are trying to make a point , your spelling and grammar has improved, we are proud of you.
Are you just plain stupid, or are you senile? I was speaking of the one you said,

I Quote;
"preceded to quote him as if it were the gospel"

UNQUOTE.

Although I do believe the word you were looking for was , PROCEEDED

The answer is neither, it was Klein, but I suspect you knew that, with your profound need for attention, it is obvious you will say any thing to get it.

"improved"

"Wish I could say the same for you're proof reading and word choices.

"As usual, do you have any idea what you are skiing?"
post #11524

Washington DC

#11550 Jun 2, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Which takes me back to the fact that my post was not about him. The interview is on audio and has Jeremiah Wright in his own words.
What rule are you following from Rules for Radicals in this instance?
Andrew Breitbart had a few videos as well. And whene the truth came out the videos was not what they seem to be, were they?

RULE #, ASK A TEA-BAGGER, THEY CAN TELL YOU.
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#11551 Jun 2, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew Breitbart had a few videos as well. And whene the truth came out the videos was not what they seem to be, were they?
RULE #, ASK A TEA-BAGGER, THEY CAN TELL YOU.
Not about Andrew Breitbart either. Keep trying.

Washington DC

#11552 Jun 2, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
As am I on someone to please explain how Obama and his policies are good for this country. I have asked this question to several with no takers. I know why there are no takers. It's because Obama is VERY detrimental to this country and liberals just can't bring themselves to admit it because he is their savior and a savior isn't supposed to be flawed. But he is. Severely.
Dow up 40%
Bin Laden - DEAD
Kahadaffi - DEAD
Iraq war - OVER (mission accomplished)
GDP - rising
Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers

Health Care Reform Bill, preventing insurance companies from denying insurance because of a pre-existing condition

Cut prescription drug cost for medicare recipients by 50%

Require health insurance plans to disclose how much of the premium actually goes to patient care

Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage

Signed financial reform law requiring lenders to verify applicants' credit history, income, and employment status

THAT IS JUST A FEW THINGS

OH YEAH-- HE IS NOT GEORGE W. BUSH

just to name a few

Washington DC

#11553 Jun 2, 2012
Back To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a recent graduate of the Barney School of Economics and Diplomacy? You learned well, Grasshopper.
Nope,they all flunked out, the curriculum was over their heads, so they fall back on, shoot the messenger, and trying really, really, hard to insult the ole Barney.

But what they do not know, I just love to watch them dance when I whistle.
Voter

Euless, TX

#11554 Jun 2, 2012
Vote against ALL incumbents.

Washington DC

#11555 Jun 2, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Dow up 40%
Bin Laden - DEAD
Kahadaffi - DEAD
GDP - rising
Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers
Health Care Reform Bill, preventing insurance companies from denying insurance because of a pre-existing condition
Require health insurance plans to disclose how much of the premium actually goes to patient care
Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage
Signed financial reform law requiring lenders to verify applicants' credit history, income, and employment status
just to name a few
I forgot one, President Obama is leading the most successful crackdown on health care fraud ever, already recovered four billion dollars from health care scams last year alone; to preserve Medicare now and for the future.

Between 2009 And 2011, convictions under The Health Care Fraud And Abuse Control Program increased by over 27 percent and the number of defendants facing criminal charges filed by federal prosecutors in 2011 increased 74 Percent Compared With 2008.[Healthcare.gov, 02/14/12]

Business Week wrote,“Federal authorities say they recovered $4.1 billion in health care fraud judgments last year, a record high which officials on Monday credited to new tools for cracking down on deceitful Medicare claims. The recovered funds are up roughly 50 percent from 2009.”

The New York Times explained the Obama initiative was “designed to woo Americans on both sides of the political fence; both conservatives and liberals can embrace going after wasteful government spending and overpayments to insurance companies.”

What was that about fiscal conservatism? Yeah, that’s what we thought.
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#11556 Jun 2, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Dow up 40%
Bin Laden - DEAD
Kahadaffi - DEAD
GDP - rising
just to name a few
Bin Laden, Khadaffi, and the Iraq war are all policies? I wasn't aware of that. We have already discussed the GDP and the Dow so I won't go into that again. Virtually every expert that has studied Obamacare says that we can't afford the price tag. I can't believe you even mentioned that. I own a small business and I can tell you from experience that the tax cuts don't amount to near as much as it has been sold to the public. The funniest thing you listed was the financial reform law. All that did was put things back the way they were before Dodd-Frank. You know the two liberals that forced banks to make loans even though they knew they were bad which set up the financial crisis we are now living through. If this crap is the best things you can list that Obama has done then don't waste my time. You are grasping for straws because you know that if you look at where we are and where we are heading because of Obama's policies the picture doesn't look so good unless you buy into the fuzzy math used by Obama's administration to make things look better than what they actually are.
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#11557 Jun 2, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot one, President Obama is leading the most successful crackdown on health care fraud ever, already recovered four billion dollars from health care scams last year alone; to preserve Medicare now and for the future.
Between 2009 And 2011, convictions under The Health Care Fraud And Abuse Control Program increased by over 27 percent and the number of defendants facing criminal charges filed by federal prosecutors in 2011 increased 74 Percent Compared With 2008.[Healthcare.gov, 02/14/12]
Business Week wrote,“Federal authorities say they recovered $4.1 billion in health care fraud judgments last year, a record high which officials on Monday credited to new tools for cracking down on deceitful Medicare claims. The recovered funds are up roughly 50 percent from 2009.”
The New York Times explained the Obama initiative was “designed to woo Americans on both sides of the political fence; both conservatives and liberals can embrace going after wasteful government spending and overpayments to insurance companies.”
What was that about fiscal conservatism? Yeah, that’s what we thought.
If that is correct and I have nothing to dispute it then that is a good start. The only problem is that $4 billion is only 1/250 the estimated cost of Obamacare. Hey, only 250 more of these type of crackdowns and we really will have free healthcare for all. Good luck with that.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#11558 Jun 3, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Redd does like to make shit up. That's his rule number one.
Give me an example.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#11559 Jun 3, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read my post that you just commented on several times and I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe how you interpret what you read is the real problem here. Maybe that is why they say liberals are so out of touch.
Nice evasive answer.
Charmed

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#11560 Jun 3, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If oblivion is where the Republicans were going to take us then hell is where we are headed with Obama. Yes we would have had problems but Obama's total ignorance of financial markets have made the problem far worse than it had to be. I have been fortunate to never fall behind on any of my bills but I don't spend twice as much as I take in either. Obama has and the results have not made us twice as strong but rather have made us more than twice as weak. I will issue you the same challenge that no one has taken up to this point. Exactly how and when will Obama's governing style of spending twice what we take in make us stronger as a nation? Would that make your household financially stronger or would it hurt you to spend twice what you take in? Obama said unemployment would not go above 8% and it hasn't gone below 8% yet. Obama said he would cut the deficit in half by his first term in office and he has doubled it. You don't say those type of things unless you are certain that you have a plan to accomplish them. Now Obama is saying "it just takes time for these things to work and if you give me another 4 yrs I will show you" and he wants us to believe him. I hope you take up the challenge but I seriously doubt that you will. I will be waiting.
I can't find any evidence Obama said unemployment would not go above 8%. In 2009, he did say he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. I don't think anyone, economists included, realized the magnitude of our financial problems in 2009. It's not only the U.S., but a good chunk of the world that's in trouble. I do, however, think he had a plan. People complain about the effects of his policies, when in fact, he's gotten very few of his policies in place. We'll never know what might have been had the Republicans not blocked everything he's tried to do. Most of the money that's been spent is the same that's been spent for many years. The increases came in expanded unemployment benefits, food stamp programs, and educational grants. Did you really expect him to let Americans starve to death? That would have played well in the media, don't you think? The cuts are coming no matter who wins in November. Have you looked at Paul Ryan's budget? If passed by Republicans, we'll have rioting in the streets just like in Greece. At the same time, they want to put an early warning system on the east coast as a matter of national security. This isn't getting a lot of press, but it should. It's only going to cost 100 million - initially. The total cost will be 4 billion. If money is your main concern, your fiscal conservatives will disappoint you. They all spend money. Historically, the Republicans spend on defense and the Democrats spend on social programs. And by the way, since we're talking about money, did you know that in 20 years every penny of our tax dollars will go to Medicare and Medicaid? Yes, it will be due to obesity. If we don't get off our fat lazy a$$es, we're doomed no matter what. Happy Sunday.
Charmed

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#11561 Jun 3, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
As am I on someone to please explain how Obama and his policies are good for this country. I have asked this question to several with no takers. I know why there are no takers. It's because Obama is VERY detrimental to this country and liberals just can't bring themselves to admit it because he is their savior and a savior isn't supposed to be flawed. But he is. Severely.
No one can answer you until the Republican-controlled Congress acutally lets Obama get his policies in place. That's why you're still waiting. Also, I'm not a liberal. I once called myself a conservative, but they got so nasty, I could no longer align myself with them. I don't think Obama is a savior; I think he's intelligent. That's more than I can say for most of DC.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#11562 Jun 3, 2012
Charmed wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can answer you until the Republican-controlled Congress acutally lets Obama get his policies in place. That's why you're still waiting. Also, I'm not a liberal. I once called myself a conservative, but they got so nasty, I could no longer align myself with them. I don't think Obama is a savior; I think he's intelligent. That's more than I can say for most of DC.
yep thats the answer! Let Obama get all of his policies in place just so we can find out what might happen? Kinda like we need to pass this health care plan so we can find out whats in it? thank god someone was there to be able to say no. and Obama had a democrat majority his first two years. Why did the voters kick them out? The replacements where doing the will of their constituents by not allowing no more of this boondoggle.
angelasawhore

Tulsa, OK

#11563 Jun 3, 2012
ask the government!!!

Washington DC

#11564 Jun 3, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The funniest thing you listed was the financial reform law. All that did was put things back the way they were before Dodd-Frank.
Sir, in my opinion, there is a lot of things you are not aware of, but you try hard to present the illusion that you do, making your moniker a paradox.
Your opinion on health care reform, "Virtually every expert" reminds me of the guy who got arrested for stealing a watch. He went to court, the judge ask, how do you plead, the man says, not guilty. The judge says, what do you mean, "not guilty" there are ten wittiness here saying they saw you steal that watch. The man replied, your Honor I can produce 20 people who will say they did not see me steal that watch.
Bottom line I could produce a list that "Virtually every expert", and the Congressional Budget office as well, that "will say just the opposite. At the risk of sounding arrogant, "don't waste my time".
Does your "small business" employ over 50 people? If it does not, you are in the company of 96% of U.S. businesses that don't .
If not, what a pleasant surprise for you and the other 96%, you are are exempt from the mandate.
"tax cuts do not amount to near as much as it has been sold to the public"
A subjective opinion, what those ""tax cuts" mean to you could mean something entirely different to one whose circumstances are not the same as yours. Ever think about that?
Now here is proof positive why your moniker is such a paradox----
"financial reform law" is the Dodd-Frank bill,S.3217 - ROFLMAO
"liberals that forced banks to make loans"
OMG, G.W. Bush was in that up to his neck.
He pushed hard to expand homeownership, especially among minorities, an initiative that dovetailed with his ambition to expand the Republican tent — and with the business interests of some of his biggest donors. But his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation encouraged lax lending standards.
As early as 2006, top advisers to Mr. Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Mr. Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn; as recently as February, for example, Mr. Bush was still calling it a “rough patch.”
How about Bush, blowing smoke up peoples back side with this;
The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Mr. Bush chose to oversee them — an old prep school buddy — pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.
“There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems,” said Al Hubbard, Mr. Bush’s former chief economics adviser.
Keith B. Hennessey, Mr. Bush’s current chief economics adviser, says he and his colleagues did the best they could “with the information we had at the time.” But Mr. Hennessey did say he regretted that the administration did not pay more heed to the dangers of easy lending practices.
It seems there is enough blame to go around on that issue, not as one sided as you wish to make it appear.
Perhaps, things are not as bad as you would lead others to believe.
Back To The Point

Benton, AR

#11565 Jun 3, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, in my opinion, there is a lot of things you are not aware of, but you try hard to present the illusion that you do, making your moniker a paradox.
Your opinion on health care reform, "Virtually every expert" reminds me of the guy who got arrested for stealing a watch. He went to court, the judge ask, how do you plead, the man says, not guilty. The judge says, what do you mean, "not guilty" there are ten wittiness here saying they saw you steal that watch. The man replied, your Honor I can produce 20 people who will say they did not see me steal that watch.
Bottom line I could produce a list that "Virtually every expert", and the Congressional Budget office as well, that "will say just the opposite. At the risk of sounding arrogant, "don't waste my time".
Does your "small business" employ over 50 people? If it does not, you are in the company of 96% of U.S. businesses that don't .
If not, what a pleasant surprise for you and the other 96%, you are are exempt from the mandate.
"tax cuts do not amount to near as much as it has been sold to the public"
A subjective opinion, what those ""tax cuts" mean to you could mean something entirely different to one whose circumstances are not the same as yours. Ever think about that?
Now here is proof positive why your moniker is such a paradox----
"financial reform law" is the Dodd-Frank bill,S.3217 - ROFLMAO
"liberals that forced banks to make loans"
OMG, G.W. Bush was in that up to his neck.
He pushed hard to expand homeownership, especially among minorities, an initiative that dovetailed with his ambition to expand the Republican tent — and with the business interests of some of his biggest donors. But his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation encouraged lax lending standards.
As early as 2006, top advisers to Mr. Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Mr. Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn; as recently as February, for example, Mr. Bush was still calling it a “rough patch.”
How about Bush, blowing smoke up peoples back side with this;
The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Mr. Bush chose to oversee them — an old prep school buddy — pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.
“There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems,” said Al Hubbard, Mr. Bush’s former chief economics adviser.
Keith B. Hennessey, Mr. Bush’s current chief economics adviser, says he and his colleagues did the best they could “with the information we had at the time.” But Mr. Hennessey did say he regretted that the administration did not pay more heed to the dangers of easy lending practices.
It seems there is enough blame to go around on that issue, not as one sided as you wish to make it appear.
Perhaps, things are not as bad as you would lead others to believe.
You copied that from where?
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#11567 Jun 3, 2012
Back To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes even Einstein referenced.

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/175539/tomgra...

Washington DC

#11568 Jun 3, 2012
Back To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>

Put a couple of lines into Google and find out for your self.
Back To The Point

Benton, AR

#11569 Jun 3, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Put a couple of lines into Google and find out for your self.
Figured that, the grammar and spelling were correct. Still can't come up with an original thought?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Board-Camp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 5 hr Tree Hugger Too 9,882
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 21 hr guest 3,839
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 21 hr guest 262
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 21 hr guest 209
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 21 hr guest 944
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 21 hr guest 835
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 21 hr guest 1,765
•••
•••
•••

Board-Camp Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Board-Camp People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Board-Camp News, Events & Info