Just a Person

Portageville, MO

#202 Nov 3, 2008
IMO wrote:
Yes Krum since you keep repeating yourself after I have stated no I dont think I'm better then anyone else , I AM I AM BETTER THEN YOU!
LOL Krum you just proved your point. This dude is full of it.
SteelDude

Blytheville, AR

#203 Nov 3, 2008
curious wrote:
<quoted text> thanks for the info. i was offered a good job there. just wanted to know what the crappy jobs were so i could stay away from them. pay with no overtime is gonna alittle over 80k.
80K cool. I haven't been in a power house for quite some time. The pay scale has changed,but I am sure the job descriptions haven't changed much.
curious

Springfield, MO

#204 Nov 3, 2008
Hey, StellDude do you know anything about a combined cycle plant like Dell?
SteelDude

Blytheville, AR

#205 Nov 3, 2008
curious wrote:
Hey, StellDude do you know anything about a combined cycle plant like Dell?
A little. I believe it is a GE gas fire turbine generator. Instead of using steam to rotate the main mover it uses a turbine engine much like a turbo prop aeroplane.(Some what) It does require the use of cooling water,but the steam produced is residual. There is no doubt the technology has changed since my stint in the generator world. I am sure there are some plant employees that can give you the up to date poop.

Ada, OK

#206 Nov 4, 2008
how do you put in your application there at nucor? Im from Dyersburg Tn, so i wasnt sure

Alamo, TN

#207 Nov 4, 2008
curious wrote:
<quoted text> thanks for the info. i was offered a good job there. just wanted to know what the crappy jobs were so i could stay away from them. pay with no overtime is gonna alittle over 80k.
What is the name of the plant you've been offered a job at in Osceola? Do you have to have special skills of some kind to get on there or have a lot of pull?
SteelDude

Jonesboro, AR

#208 Nov 5, 2008
Not real sure. I believe you apply at the Crisp Center.If you are a master millwright of if you carry any master certification one of the mills will check you out.
guest wrote:
how do you put in your application there at nucor? Im from Dyersburg Tn, so i wasnt sure

Alamo, TN

#209 Nov 6, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the name of the plant you've been offered a job at in Osceola? Do you have to have special skills of some kind to get on there or have a lot of pull?
Does anyone know what the name of the coal plant is in Osceola or have any info on it?
Nothing new

Spring Hill, KS

#210 Nov 6, 2008
Guest wrote:
i could get a job there tommorrow if i desired one
What you don't like tenaris anymore?
Getting a job

Spring Hill, KS

#211 Nov 6, 2008
I think at this point Nucor is just trying to continue to employ the ones they have now. Orders have come to a hault, they don't even have enough to last through the end of the year. I just pray it picks up because heaven forbid they shut down, it would affect so many other jobs in this area.
curious

Springfield, MO

#212 Nov 7, 2008
guest wrote:
go to dynegy.com and apply.
wantanswers

United States

#213 Nov 7, 2008
What is going on heard they were laying off, cutting down on workers. Is this true

Jonesboro, AR

#214 Nov 7, 2008
wantanswers wrote:
What is going on heard they were laying off, cutting down on workers. Is this true
Once and for all NO! They are NOT laying off Nucor employees and they are NOT closing the mills, either one of them. It is just slower than normal right now. It will pass. Everybody just chill out. Everyone is pinched right now, but we just have to ride it out. This isn't the end of the world, people. IT WILL PASS.
WoWsa

Pascagoula, MS

#215 Nov 7, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Once and for all NO! They are NOT laying off Nucor employees and they are NOT closing the mills, either one of them. It is just slower than normal right now. It will pass. Everybody just chill out. Everyone is pinched right now, but we just have to ride it out. This isn't the end of the world, people. IT WILL PASS.
Everybody has forgotten how slow it was in the 90's. Stock dropped lower than it is now. All employees at Hickman were suffering. It will pick back up. Now that I think about it Clinton was president then and did all that free trade stuff???? You may be waiting awhile if this pres. does anything like that.
lamo

United States

#216 Nov 7, 2008
WoWsa wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody has forgotten how slow it was in the 90's. Stock dropped lower than it is now. All employees at Hickman were suffering. It will pick back up. Now that I think about it Clinton was president then and did all that free trade stuff???? You may be waiting awhile if this pres. does anything like that.
my 401k went way up in the 90's because the stock market was way up. the economy was the best its ever been when clinton was in office. if he could run again, i'd vote for him.

how many lost their 401k savings under bush?

Jonesboro, AR

#217 Nov 7, 2008
lamo wrote:
<quoted text>
my 401k went way up in the 90's because the stock market was way up. the economy was the best its ever been when clinton was in office. if he could run again, i'd vote for him.
how many lost their 401k savings under bush?
I second that.
tej

United States

#218 Jan 13, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone know what the name of the coal plant is in Osceola or have any info on it?
Plum Point Power Partners via Dynegy - they post postions on career builder.com
Zachary Construction is still building it
layed off

Chesterfield, MO

#219 Jan 13, 2009
I am a contractor at Nucor Yamato and was layed off last Friday. They are laying off another 150 ppl by the end of this month. Dont know who it will or will not affect but I pray it picks back up soon.
jammer

Quitman, AR

#220 Jan 15, 2009
damn good money,high divorce rate most employees have split their retirement a couple times with money grubbing ho's but its a good place to make a lot of money.put in 14 years at hickman paid off two houses, still own lake house and have over half million in retirement at 46 years old.got another good job in a better part of state but it was a good experience and i never got injured very bad

Jonesboro, AR

#221 Jan 15, 2009
layed off wrote:
I am a contractor at Nucor Yamato and was layed off last Friday. They are laying off another 150 ppl by the end of this month. Dont know who it will or will not affect but I pray it picks back up soon.
laying off contractors maybe but not employees of nucor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blytheville ER 47 min Guest 6
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 58 min BARNEYII 32,740
Jimmy & Jamie Allmon 1 hr Nskej 3
Blytheville man sues police for excessive force 1 hr Ohno 521
Do we need a new gym? 1 hr Just saying 29
Armorel school 1 hr Guest 15
NYS Cafe 1 hr Guest 3
Wellsprings Church Pastor (Apr '16) 5 hr JustCurious 82

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web