How long does it take to recover from...
out of blytheville

United States

#23 Feb 18, 2008
Curious wrote:
Yeah I know how bad they hurt. I understand that part completely. I just can't believe that no one here in town does the surgery anymore. Not that I would even want someone in Blytheville to do it. I am just scared I guess.
ihad my gallabladder tooken out in 2006 here in blytheville i had lapariscope done i was scared but was glad to be out of pain .it took me about2 weeks dr dukipotti did mines he was terrific
Curious

United States

#24 Feb 22, 2008
I finally did it. I had mine taked out on Wed Feb 20th. I feel great. I have been eating pretty much what I want to. I am still in quiet a bit of pain but it is getting better. I have a wonderful husband that is taking excellent care of me.

“It is what it is”

Since: Oct 07

Blytheville

#25 Feb 22, 2008
Did they have to do it open?

Glad you are feeling better!!!:)
Curious wrote:
I finally did it. I had mine taked out on Wed Feb 20th. I feel great. I have been eating pretty much what I want to. I am still in quiet a bit of pain but it is getting better. I have a wonderful husband that is taking excellent care of me.
9 yrs old

United States

#26 Feb 22, 2008
Hello to all. I had my gb removed 9 years ago. However, I've had stomach pains that feel like really bad menstrual cramps. I've noticed that this often occurs after I eat and then when the pain fades I have to run to the rest room barely making it. I've also had issues w/my stomach and rear making embarassing noises (sorry, for sounding gross. I can't figure it out but it leads me to believe that it's related to the removal of my gb. I have problems with gas but the noises that I have been making aren't the passing of the gas. It's hard to deal with. When I'm at work I'm afraid that someone will hear the sounds and think that I'm passing gas when I'm really not just very weird noises that are not my stomach growling or the passing of gas. Does anyone else have this issue?
Kandy

United States

#27 Apr 23, 2008
My husband had the surgery and after a month he was great.. and that doesnt mean it took him that long to get around.. just to complely heal..
Jane Bryant

Wembley, UK

#29 May 8, 2008
Hi i have just had my gall bladder removed last week, 1st May 2008, via key hole surgery it contained 37 stones 4 of which were rather large, 2 of which were stuck in one of the ducts!!! that what was giving me so much pain so quickly. Im off work for 2 weeks. I cant bend down as is still quite sore, but i get very tired, good luckto all that have this problem.
Hello

Bothell, WA

#30 May 14, 2008
I am also getting my Galbladder removed on friday. Very nervous about it... Does anyone know the recovery time for Laproscopic?
hello

New Baltimore, MI

#31 Dec 11, 2008
i had my gallbladder removed yesterday laproscopically and i'm already feeling better today. It was a little painful last night and I was nauseos because of the anesthesia but overall its not too bad.
LL Cool-J

Blytheville, AR

#32 Dec 12, 2008
Stay away from the pork!
Big M

Blytheville, AR

#33 Dec 12, 2008
LL Cool-J is a smack!
Squishington

Riverdale, NJ

#34 Jan 24, 2009
I had my gallbladder removed a little over a month now and although I had no stones, my bladder just wasn't functioning so I had the runs. I was in terrible pain and I had no appetite and lots of nausea. I was out of work for 6 wks and I lost 20 lbs. I can barely eat now because everytime I do, I get bloated and I have to run back and forth to the bathroom (6 times before yesterday). My GI doctor prescribed this powder that I have to mix in with liquid and drink everyday and that's supposed to help with the bathroom problems. I've only been on the powder for 3 days so I'm guessing it takes time to work. I have to say that the only good thing to all of this has been my weight loss, but not everyone experiences the same symptoms.
wr1te1

Bristol, VA

#35 Feb 2, 2009
I'm also to get mine out. I see the surgeon this Thurs. It is functioning at only 11.87%. But my gallbladder is also causing me heart arrhythmias that is making it hard for me to work. I teach fitness classes including spin. Anyone else had it affecting the heart?? My mom has heart problems so it worries me. How long do you think I'll need to be off before returning to teach dance, spin, Pilates etc.?
sickntired

Maumelle, AR

#36 Feb 5, 2009
I had my surgery in Blytheville. Laproscopic. It was full of stones. No complaints here. Took about a week off of work. The small pains of healting didn't even compare to the pain of the gallbladder attacks. Minimal scarring. They did me right. I am glad it is gone! Good luck on your surgery, and if you have already had it...hope you are healing well!
sickntired

Maumelle, AR

#37 Feb 5, 2009
To the person asking about returning to exercising... It took me about 5 weeks to return to aerobics in full force.

Bossier City, LA

#38 Feb 5, 2009
wr1te1 wrote:
I'm also to get mine out. I see the surgeon this Thurs. It is functioning at only 11.87%. But my gallbladder is also causing me heart arrhythmias that is making it hard for me to work. I teach fitness classes including spin. Anyone else had it affecting the heart?? My mom has heart problems so it worries me. How long do you think I'll need to be off before returning to teach dance, spin, Pilates etc.?
Good luck to you with your upcoming surgery. Be careful about when you return to exercising. I'm sure you'll check with your doctor...you don't want any complications!
Trishna

Howrah, India

#39 Feb 12, 2009
I had the surgery on 20th jan '09.I was completely cure and after 3 weeks i had join in office.since 3 three days i am getting pain in abdomen.any idea?
problems

Patterson, LA

#40 Jun 2, 2009
secret wrote:
i had mine removed about 3 months ago and it took me a couple of weeks,but now i have bad problems with my digestive system i can rarely leave my house dont know what the cause of it is yet.
have you gotten better with the digestion problems. Had mine removed 6wks and having severe bloating and gas.Also pain under rib cage.
problems

Patterson, LA

#41 Jun 2, 2009
9 yrs old wrote:
Hello to all. I had my gb removed 9 years ago. However, I've had stomach pains that feel like really bad menstrual cramps. I've noticed that this often occurs after I eat and then when the pain fades I have to run to the rest room barely making it. I've also had issues w/my stomach and rear making embarassing noises (sorry, for sounding gross. I can't figure it out but it leads me to believe that it's related to the removal of my gb. I have problems with gas but the noises that I have been making aren't the passing of the gas. It's hard to deal with. When I'm at work I'm afraid that someone will hear the sounds and think that I'm passing gas when I'm really not just very weird noises that are not my stomach growling or the passing of gas. Does anyone else have this issue?
Having same problems.
problems

Patterson, LA

#42 Jun 2, 2009
Squishington wrote:
I had my gallbladder removed a little over a month now and although I had no stones, my bladder just wasn't functioning so I had the runs. I was in terrible pain and I had no appetite and lots of nausea. I was out of work for 6 wks and I lost 20 lbs. I can barely eat now because everytime I do, I get bloated and I have to run back and forth to the bathroom (6 times before yesterday). My GI doctor prescribed this powder that I have to mix in with liquid and drink everyday and that's supposed to help with the bathroom problems. I've only been on the powder for 3 days so I'm guessing it takes time to work. I have to say that the only good thing to all of this has been my weight loss, but not everyone experiences the same symptoms.
Having same problem but no diarrea
i love u

Portageville, MO

#43 Jun 3, 2009
who ever name is secret i want u alvaida

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
which antidepressant works for you and which do... (Jan '08) 59 min Tyrone 63
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Reality Check 43,253
Town turning into 3rd world town 1 hr American Patriot 64
Convertible mustang 4 hr Holla 24
Crime stats for Blytheville 5 hr citizen 2
Fire Department 5 hr geeman 409
When did Blytheville become such a dump? 8 hr Blytheville Queen 32

Blytheville Jobs

Personal Finance

Blytheville Mortgages