No more Walmart Greeters next week
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Veteran

Leominster, MA

#21 Feb 7, 2012
I haven't been in a walmart for over 5 months but, I thought I'd give it another try. I went in amd after 2 min. couldn't wait to get out again.
The associates are so unhappy at the Lunenburg , Ma store the manager is ruthless and mean and ugly. She cheats and steals has he favorites. She is only in it for the money and could care less for the store or its people and associates. She has a dirty mouth but, will fire anyone else for less that what she says. Walmart will loose, it may be big but big can fall..
dave

United States

#22 Apr 26, 2012
Right wrote:
Their sales are down because they have become greedy and have forgotten Sam Walton's philosophies on customer service. I know a lot of people, in many areas of the country, who have boycotted Wal-mart for one reason or another. Ever notice how the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" words disappeared from the front of the buildings as they became super centers?
years ago their slogan was we buy american made first
moneez gone

Lake City, AR

#23 Apr 26, 2012
America has been sold out.
And not only by Walmart.
Greeters served a good purpose. They were the last of a few that made you feel welcome in their stores. I believe they also served the purpose of keeping down some of the shickster shoplifters. They also directed you to the right department if you were looking for a particular item.
They were probaly the only people in the store that exchanged a word with you.
red one

United States

#24 Apr 26, 2012
Amen,Mon!
family

Caruthersville, MO

#25 Apr 26, 2012
guest wrote:
that was a big waste of money anyway...hahaha...maybe they just all got tired of standing there & doing nothing at alll....hahahaha
one of those greeters is my 75 yr old aunt who always had a smile and always had something nice to say {mrs nellie mclemore} will be greater miss so start partying thiefs because you will have the run of the store

Little Rock, AR

#26 Apr 26, 2012
I HATE Walmart- it has been the downfall of many small towns across America. Look at Main Street! The Waltons are greedy greedy greedy people. How many BILLIONS does it take to be "happy" ?!

Frisco, TX

#27 Apr 26, 2012
First off, Wal-Mart didn't do anything wrong.
People choose to shop at Wal-Mart over the mom and pop stores.
Don't blame Wal-Mart, blame the people who shop at Wal-Mart.
People vote with their dollars every day on who stays in business and who doesn't.
I worked at a mom and pop store for years and made minimum wage with no health insurance.
People that think the mom and pop stores were great are idiots.
The mom and pop owners were just as greedy
moneez gone

Lake City, AR

#28 Apr 27, 2012
Mom and Pops Competitive, not a Monopolized takeover.

Frisco, TX

#29 Apr 27, 2012
Wal-Mart
Target
Freds
Kmart
Dollar General
Family Dollar
Costco
Lowes
Home Depot
JC Penny
Dillards
Kroger
Walgreens
Super D
McDonalds
and on and on
if Wal-mart didn't end the mom and pop stores, there are plenty more in line to do it.
Wal-mart just did it better

Little Rock, AR

#30 Apr 27, 2012
So that makes it OK?????? To monopolize the whole country just because you are rich and powerful enough to do so? Then raise prices after running everyone else out of business???? HMMMMM. What's happened to our morals and values. Money is ALL that counts. Whatever!
lmao

United States

#31 Apr 27, 2012
guest wrote:
So that makes it OK?????? To monopolize the whole country just because you are rich and powerful enough to do so? Then raise prices after running everyone else out of business???? HMMMMM. What's happened to our morals and values. Money is ALL that counts. Whatever!
Raising prices? They have the lowest prices. That's why YOU shop there.

For all of the Walmart haters - shop somewhere else. It's that simple. YOU are the ones keeping it alive with your dollars.

Little Rock, AR

#32 Apr 27, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
Raising prices? They have the lowest prices. That's why YOU shop there.
For all of the Walmart haters - shop somewhere else. It's that simple. YOU are the ones keeping it alive with your dollars.
I DO NOT SHOP THERE- NEVER BEEN IN THE PLACE.

Frisco, TX

#33 Apr 27, 2012
Just got back from shopping there. Bought a whole bunch of stuff.
Very conveniant to be able to get everything I need in one stop with my busy schedule.
turbodog62

United States

#34 Apr 27, 2012
Has anybody on topix seen that clown at Wal-Mart that hides from gay people? I did not think so!(:

Blytheville, AR

#35 Apr 27, 2012
I say bring back the greeters. Walmart can afford to pay them.
lmao

United States

#36 Apr 28, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO NOT SHOP THERE- NEVER BEEN IN THE PLACE.
Then you, Sir or Lady, have every right to make those statements. I wish I could say the same for me.
Observer

United States

#37 Apr 29, 2012
family wrote:
<quoted text>one of those greeters is my 75 yr old aunt who always had a smile and always had something nice to say {mrs nellie mclemore} will be greater miss so start partying thiefs because you will have the run of the store
I will miss seeing her as I go in. I always made a point to reply a,'hi', to her because she's the only one I can think of that would greet you everytime and with a smile. I really hope they find something for her that will allow her to keep her job. Out of all the employees they have there, there are only a handful that still exemplify what shopping at WalMart should be like and she is one of them.
dizzy

Hiram, GA

#38 Jun 2, 2012
Instead of getting rid of the people greeters Wal-Mart needs to do away with those ANNOYING and HARASSING newspaper sales people outside of their stores!!
kimmie

United States

#39 Aug 21, 2012
jennniii wrote:
-EXCUSEEE meee'IM a people gretter in penitas,texas walmart;;&& trust me I sooo HATE IT when I over hear people say "greeters" dont do nothing well let me give you a piece of my mind us greeters are the "FIRST" you see while you walk in the door.Were the ones who answer your first questions sooo dont call us useless trust me standing for 8 hours a day it aint easy sooo pshhhhh watevaaa you'll miss us if they doo take them out
AMEN to that one sister I AM a greeter in o.k. as well and let me tell you 8 hrs a day......no its DEFINITELY NOT easy!!
Grace

Louisville, KY

#40 Nov 10, 2013
Right wrote:
Their sales are down because they have become greedy and have forgotten Sam Walton's philosophies on customer service. I know a lot of people, in many areas of the country, who have boycotted Wal-mart for one reason or another. Ever notice how the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" words disappeared from the front of the buildings as they became super centers?
Couldn't agree with you more. I noticed that as well. Big company's like walmart who are eventually taken over and ran by the man are expected to make their only concern about their pockets and how they can make them fatter so the government can make their profit as well. Screw customer satisfaction cause they know one day you will be back to spend your money on their products. This country has become so selfish and greedy it makes me sick to think about my children's future. I know I kind of slipped away from the main topic with this but I had to rant. Still doesn't change what is happening to the world and how we have now flushed it down the drain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
two day party on ruddle busted by police 1 hr Crow T Robot 6
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 34,462
QC blackmails Osceola 3 hr Missco 11
When will Wal Mart close? 3 hr guesttt 31
Body of Shannon Palmer. 3 hr Connie 42
Hinson sign truck 7 hr My rules 11
rules not enforced 7 hr guest 3

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance