First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Trumann, AR

#1 Oct 16, 2010
I've read some of some of these and realize that this will probably open a can of BS, but I am seriously inquiring for those of you who really know... Is anybody hiring? I've got my resume at StaffMark and TempsPlus, I've applied at Denso, American Greetings, Tenaris, passed the test for Nucor Hickman, and I'm scheduled to take the test at Nucor Yamato at the end of this month, I'm making my way around to everywhere to get my resume in but I don't get a lot of time off work at my current job and am just curious if someone is actually looking to fill a position so I know where to start. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
truth

United States

#2 Oct 17, 2010
Hobbie is giving blooow JOBs.

United States

#3 Oct 17, 2010
The employable are employed
resident

United States

#4 Oct 17, 2010
I enjoy reading the BS all the canditates for mayor blab as to creating new jobs for blytheville.

A mayor has about ZERO percent chance of creating any jobs.........unless he/she hires even more city employees .......that city does not need!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 17, 2010
Just my opinion but seems to me most jobs are by word of mouth now. Many company's have stopped advertising because they are afraid of who will come in to pick up an application. I don't agree with this because everyone has a right to apply for a job if they have the skill's.
mom

Trumann, AR

#6 Oct 19, 2010
no jobs in Blytheville

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#7 Oct 19, 2010
Guest wrote:
I've read some of some of these and realize that this will probably open a can of BS, but I am seriously inquiring for those of you who really know... Is anybody hiring? I've got my resume at StaffMark and TempsPlus, I've applied at Denso, American Greetings, Tenaris, passed the test for Nucor Hickman, and I'm scheduled to take the test at Nucor Yamato at the end of this month, I'm making my way around to everywhere to get my resume in but I don't get a lot of time off work at my current job and am just curious if someone is actually looking to fill a position so I know where to start. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
go online and check out some of the other companies you might be interested in. some will let you fill out an application or accept resumes online.

Blytheville, AR

#8 Oct 19, 2010
Tenaris is hiring and is a good place to work. The complainers are those who are lazy and don't want to work. Yes it can be dirty and the hours are long but work isn't fun or they wouldn't call it WORK.

AOL

#9 Oct 19, 2010
truth wrote:
You are so dumb and stupid too.

AOL

#10 Oct 19, 2010
Guest wrote:
If u do not find a job in Bly. there is a new steel mill that is just opening in Mobil, Al. U can send an application there also, if u do not mind relocating. It is a pretty area, close to the water, if u like the beach.
take over

Monette, AR

#11 Oct 19, 2010
Guest wrote:
If you want a job, try the dodge store. They need some good workers. Here's the catch, the pay is just barely over minimum wage, and you gotta put up with smelling like chicken all the time. Other than that, if you suck up enough like one person in particular,(not naming any names, but she has short blonde hair and could be a lesbian),you might just make your way up to the top. I hope you're a man, cause they need a good man in there to line them women out! Good luck. If I hear of anything else I will be putting it on here.
take over

Monette, AR

#12 Oct 19, 2010
oh you could also try the power plant out by the river in Osceola. I believe it's called NAES. Pay is excellent. Probably be better than the dodger dog store.

Trumann, AR

#13 Oct 20, 2010
thanks to those of you who gave honest answers... I'll give the Power Plant in Osceola a shot. Relocating wasn't on my to-do list for this year but it may come to that. I am currently employed and have only worked for 2 different companies since I was 16, I just need a new line of work.

Still looking, any advice or news of openigs would be appreciated.

Trumann, AR

#14 Oct 20, 2010
Power Plant is called Dynegy Plum Point Power Partners their website is http://www.dynegy.com/ . It says there are no openings in osceola, but there is a place for you to submit your resume if you'd like. Other than that, Nucor Yamato opens their Opportunity website ( opportunity.nucor.com ) between 11 AM and 1 PM on the first day of the month, Access code is "nysnca" you can take the survey and if you're lucky they'll call you in to take the test and so on. I know from talking to HR that Roll Coater, SRT, and Ipsco aren't currently hiring. Hope this helps

Trumann, AR

#15 Oct 23, 2010
Dawson Employment is looking for Class A Drivers, and they are looking for Maintenace Workers who use to work at one of the local mills (Ipsco, Nucor, Maverick/Tenaris, etc...) as well as Machine Operators with the same experience.
Fwiw

United States

#16 Oct 24, 2010
Working an election pays better then jury duty.
corn blower

United States

#17 Oct 24, 2010
truth wrote:
Very good at it too!

AOL

#18 Oct 26, 2010
Guest wrote:
Try Viskase, it is just the other side of Oseola and they hire all of the time. I have family that works there and are well please with the company.

Trumann, AR

#19 Nov 4, 2010
Still on the look out... I've heard that Ipsco may have some open positions but Temps Plus denies it. I've got an Interview at Nurcor-Yamato but I'm not sure about their selection process do they interview everyone who passes the test or do they just interview when they have a position open, I'm not to optimistic about getting on at Nucor, but I could be wrong... anything would be helpful.
Looking

Elko, NV

#20 Nov 4, 2010
I'm looking for a well paying office job with benefits. Maybe in HR or something like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 min Reality Check 38,345
Should the Confederate Flag still fly? 20 min why u mad tho 89
Dissolvable staples? (Sep '09) 33 min lol 27
Outside investigators 34 min lol 79
Larrys Auto Sales 35 min lol 12
B M Discount Groceries 35 min lol 2
Social groups 36 min lol 7

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance