Lawyer: Blytheville workers received improper gift

There are 15 comments on the KTHV-TV Little Rock story from Jan 26, 2013, titled Lawyer: Blytheville workers received improper gift. In it, KTHV-TV Little Rock reports that:

Blytheville City Attorney Mike Bearden says city water utility workers likely didn't know they did anything wrong but says it was against the law for a vendor to give them $100 gift cards for Christmas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTHV-TV Little Rock.

New Low

Little Rock, AR

#1 Jan 27, 2013
Unf@king believable Blytheville, Unf@king believable
local

Grapevine, AR

#2 Jan 27, 2013
well, at least everyone in the state can see what goes on in Bville
Old man Bville

Blytheville, AR

#3 Jan 27, 2013
It's bad when some of the city worker get a little something extra at Christmas, and the dept. heads have to rely on their usual kickbacks.

Grapevine, AR

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Old man Bville wrote:
It's bad when some of the city worker get a little something extra at Christmas, and the dept. heads have to rely on their usual kickbacks.
It's sad when some of the city workers get a little something extra at Christmas, when the other city workers get NOTHING extra at Christmas.
OMG

Little Rock, AR

#5 Jan 27, 2013
this and giving that lying cop his badge back looks like we replaced crooks with more crooked crooks
Oh No

Grapevine, AR

#6 Jan 27, 2013
City lawyer said it was against the law

who gonna go to jail for this?
Call Somebody

Little Rock, AR

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Oh No wrote:
City lawyer said it was against the law
who gonna go to jail for this?
all of'em
Ghostbusters

Grapevine, AR

#8 Jan 28, 2013
who ya gonna call?
sick of it all

Little Rock, AR

#9 Jan 28, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blytheville-a...

crookedass mayor crookedass council crookedass town
JUST MY OPINION

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jan 28, 2013
WHERE WAS THE BLYTHEVILLE COURIER WHEN BARRETT HARRISON, R.L. JONES AND THE INFAMOUS MOSLEYS WRE STEALING THE CITY AND THE WATER COMPANY ALMOST INTO BANKRUPCY? YOU PEOPLE HAVE SAT ON YOUR ASSES AND DID NOTHING FOR YEARS AND NOW YOU FINALLY HAVE A MAYOR AND A WATER COMPANY MANAGER WHO ARE FINALLY MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE CITY AND HOW IT IS WORKING AND ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS COMPLAIN AND FIND FAULT.
MARK BRASFIELD IS SNEAKING AROUND TRYING TO BE A BIG CITY REPORTER WHILE WORKING FOR A RAG NEWSPAPER. WHO HAS BEEN GIVING HIM HIS INFORMATION? I JUST WONDER WHICH"SNAKE IN THE GRASS" WORKING IN THE MAYOR'S OFFICE IS PASSING INFO TO BRASFIELD, WORD TO THE WISE, MAYOR SANDERS, WATCH YOUR BACK.
Citizen

Little Rock, AR

#11 Jan 28, 2013
If we had Brasfield or someone like him, when the former mayor and city council were in office, chances are that the city would never have gotten into the financial disaster. We need more people like Brasfield to tell us the truth about what is going on with those who take our money and misuse it.

Grapevine, AR

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Ghostbusters wrote:
who ya gonna call?
CrimeBusters!!
Thanks

Little Rock, AR

#13 Jan 29, 2013
JUST MY OPINION wrote:
WHERE WAS THE BLYTHEVILLE COURIER WHEN BARRETT HARRISON, R.L. JONES AND THE INFAMOUS MOSLEYS WRE STEALING THE CITY AND THE WATER COMPANY ALMOST INTO BANKRUPCY? YOU PEOPLE HAVE SAT ON YOUR ASSES AND DID NOTHING FOR YEARS AND NOW YOU FINALLY HAVE A MAYOR AND A WATER COMPANY MANAGER WHO ARE FINALLY MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE CITY AND HOW IT IS WORKING AND ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS COMPLAIN AND FIND FAULT.
MARK BRASFIELD IS SNEAKING AROUND TRYING TO BE A BIG CITY REPORTER WHILE WORKING FOR A RAG NEWSPAPER. WHO HAS BEEN GIVING HIM HIS INFORMATION? I JUST WONDER WHICH"SNAKE IN THE GRASS" WORKING IN THE MAYOR'S OFFICE IS PASSING INFO TO BRASFIELD, WORD TO THE WISE, MAYOR SANDERS, WATCH YOUR BACK.
Thank you "snake" for passing the info Mayor Sandrs doesn't want anyone to know. Thank you Brassfield for printing the information keeping the Mayor in check. Word to the wise, Sanders resign you FAILED.
JUST MY OPINION

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Jan 29, 2013
bring back Barrett and the rest of the rogues, then the people here will be happy.Maybe next election you all can pick your mayor from the group of misfits that always run. Good Luck
HELLO

Little Rock, AR

#15 Jan 29, 2013
Did the answering machine get a gift card

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armorel wins State Championship 8 min Guest 66
Armorel high school 8 min Missco 13
peace march in Blytheville and Osceola 18 min Guest 13
Leaving Blytheville Behind 1 hr former resident 19
Man talk (Oct '13) 2 hr Igotyournumber 156
Black people and education 2 hr guest 21
Discriminationat BLYTHEViLLE DHS 2 hr guest 45
More from around the web

Blytheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE