Blytheville murderer released on bond

Blytheville murderer released on bond

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

Blytheville, AR

#1 Aug 17, 2013
Sunday Courier News:

A Blytheville man who was convicted of second-degree murder in 2011 and sentenced to 80 years in prison, has been released on bond.

According to the office of the prosecuting attorney, an attorney for Shawn Rainer filed an ineffective assistance of counsel, stating that Rainer's representation during the 2011 trail was incompetent, and at the end of July a judge set his murder conviction aside, with plans to re-try him for the same crime. Rainer was sent back to prison after his release because of a parole violation, but was paroled out again in four days, when a judge set him a $500,000 bond, which he met.

The attorney general may be planning to appeal the ruling, and if their appeal is granted, Rainer will be re-incarcerated. If it is not, he will return to trial, and his first plea and arraignment date will take place on Sept. 9.

The crime in question is the June 2009 stabbing death of Takina Douglas, 27, who shared an apartment with Rainer at the time. Rainer had already been convicted of a second-degree murder in 1998, and his fingerprint was on the blade of the knife used to stab Douglas, among other evidence. A jury assessed Rainer a fine of $15,000 in addition to the 80-year prison term. Rainer was 38 at the time of the conviction.
Run for cover

Blytheville, AR

#2 Aug 18, 2013
On todays front page, maybe he will skip out on his bond so I heard, to much evidence against him. Run, Run, Run far away!

“Old Dinner Bell”

Since: Mar 13

" Home Sweet Home "

#3 Aug 18, 2013
**Rainer was sent back to prison after his release because of a parole violation, but was paroled out again in four days, when a judge set him a $500,000 bond, which he met.**

A parole violation cost him just four days?
Our legal system may have a few flaws in it.

Blytheville, AR

#5 Aug 18, 2013
How in the hell did he get a half million dollars to post bail? His family is poor folks from what I understand.

Blytheville, AR

#6 Aug 18, 2013
guest wrote:
How in the hell did he get a half million dollars to post bail? His family is poor folks from what I understand.
Please don't skip out if they did make your bond!

Little Rock, AR

#7 Aug 18, 2013
Paper headline:

Convicted murder released on bond

I think that should be "MURDERER"

Good God, where did these reporters go to school?

Blytheville, AR

#9 Aug 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
Paper headline:
Convicted murder released on bond
I think that should be "MURDERER"
Good God, where did these reporters go to school?
Second only to the headline about the STEAL mill!
goodgosh

Wynne, AR

#10 Aug 18, 2013
It's called drug dealer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sonic by hays 13 min ikr 2
Funnel cloud 50 min info 29
Johnathan Howard 1 hr teehee 24
CN: City settles copier lawsuits 1 hr Barney 10
Name some of the best volunteers at the ball fi... 1 hr get real 7
Does anybody remember a cop named Paul from 1993? 2 hr Guest 30
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Question 35,348

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance