Dissolvable staples?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hurtin like hell

Manila, AR

#1 Sep 1, 2009
To make a long story short, I had a baby recently.. I had to have a c-section because the baby was breech. The doctor closed up my incision with dissolvable staples, and they are not dissolving! It has been over a month, I'm still hurting realy bad, and some of the staples are poking through my skin! I have called the doctor ad i have an appointment to go in and be checked out, I was jus wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and what i should expect! Also before anyone says anything, dissolvable staples DO exist! They are plastic i think... Not your typical metal staple..
ouch

United States

#2 Sep 2, 2009
i have had three c-sections and i have never heard of dissolvable staples. I had the metal type and they were removed to soon so i ruptured back open. Sorry if the spelling is so bad.
Awww

Englewood, CO

#3 Sep 2, 2009
Yes, some bodies actually reject the staples instead of absorbing them. The doctor will most likely pull them off or trim them....... Not common, but yes, it happens.....
Heather

Fresno, CA

#4 Sep 7, 2011
I had a csection a week ago and they used dissolvable staples. It is the first of my three csections when they used those. They say it should dissolve in the same amount of time as the stitches would have....3-4 weeks. I know I have one side that isn't softening as fast and still poking me alot. SImilar in feel to the regular staples. I have read online of other people saying theirs took longer to dissolve and some people who have had a couple pop out (but not all so no danger) and many people who really loved them. I like that my csection was faster because of it, but the staples really bugged me before so I am not thrilled with having that feeling longer! I do not hurt really bad, just pinching especially in certain positions
Heather

Fresno, CA

#5 Sep 7, 2011
Just read online they can take a couple months

http://www.eurosurgical.co.uk/insorb-25-absor...

United States

#6 Sep 7, 2011
My girlfriend had a C section a week ago.I am horny and would like to know how long are you supposed to wait to have sex.We have done it twice and she said we are not supposed to be doing this.Can you answer please?
Jen

Fairbanks, AK

#7 Feb 12, 2012
guest wrote:
My girlfriend had a C section a week ago.I am horny and would like to know how long are you supposed to wait to have sex.We have done it twice and she said we are not supposed to be doing this.Can you answer please?

Your supposed to wait 6 weeks
wow

Lone Jack, MO

#8 Feb 13, 2012
I had a lil one 22 months ago via c section and Dr daniels used the dissolvable staples and some are still there.... i was told it c ould take up to two years.... still have tingling senstation near incision due to nerve damage!!!
amazed

Monette, AR

#9 Feb 14, 2012
I had two c section's quite a few years ago. I still have no feeling around the incision. As far as staples the one's i had were removed by the doctor. Have never heard of dissolvable staples.
amazed

Monette, AR

#10 Feb 14, 2012
guest wrote:
You should not be having sex until after her check up. She is risking infection. You horn dog!!!
Amazed

Frisco, TX

#11 Feb 14, 2012
You mean you have two kids? How old are they?
well now

Monette, AR

#12 Feb 14, 2012
Amazed wrote:
Why don't you tell me since you seem to know so much. Around Blythevile and Kroger employee now amazed. Seems you know everyones business.
well now

Monette, AR

#13 Feb 14, 2012
You don't mind throwing everyone else to the wolves. Why not puy yourself out there? Since your such an upstanding person and all.

AOL

#14 Feb 14, 2012
hurtin like hell wrote:
To make a long story short, I had a baby recently.. I had to have a c-section because the baby was breech. The doctor closed up my incision with dissolvable staples, and they are not dissolving! It has been over a month, I'm still hurting realy bad, and some of the staples are poking through my skin! I have called the doctor ad i have an appointment to go in and be checked out, I was jus wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and what i should expect! Also before anyone says anything, dissolvable staples DO exist! They are plastic i think... Not your typical metal staple..
U can go online & read about all of these. I would say get to the Dr. fast, as they can get infected...
amazed

Monette, AR

#15 Feb 14, 2012
Amazed wrote:
Just based on what you post about others and myself you should have already known this.

United States

#16 Feb 14, 2012
Where have I been. I didn't know ther was such a thing as disposable staples. I've had the metal ones. A bunch as a matter of a fact and was happy as hell when they were gone. Some of them made we want to scream when they were removed. I can't imagine having to live them for a couple months. That's just crazy!

United States

#17 Feb 14, 2012
Man I really can't believe I just used disposable for desolvable. I'm sure that is a word either.

United States

#18 Feb 14, 2012
Now I got the word dissoluble.
zandrana

Peoria, IL

#19 Dec 4, 2012
I had the insorb staples that dissolve but almost 6 weeks postpartum they hurt inside still. Feels like something is stabbing me. I think getting the staples that are taken out would be better tired of feeling pain inside that i cant do anything about.
client

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Dec 6, 2012
guest wrote:
you shouldn't have to waite the normal 6 wks because she did not give birth vaginal but i would think she would find that having sex before her incission heals would be unconfortable find another way to releave your self. P.S. in case you did not know this but she is twice as fertile the first six months after having a baby than normal so unless you want her pregnant agian soon use protection

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 min guest 34,310
Bly High School 24 min Brown 12
Where did the Payless thread go? 2 hr Brown 2
Drug dealers / with businesses 3 hr citizen 11
News Bill aims to revise 1901 law on taxes 4 hr District10 15
QC blackmails Osceola 9 hr Crow T Robot 9
Beagle Dogs Taken (Sep '09) 9 hr Brown 40

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance