First Prev
of 8
Next Last
unknown

AOL

#1 Jun 19, 2008
why wont the drift let black people in? the entertainer allows white people in. as a matter of fact, alot of the white people leave the drift when they close and walk to the entertainer. i think they need to stop stereotyping and move on. their money spends the same as white people.
guest74

Cordova, TN

#2 Jun 19, 2008
AMEN!
Jodi

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2008
Amen Amen Amen Amen!!!
just wondering

Little Rock, AR

#4 Jun 19, 2008
I hope this doesn't post twice....

Why should they have to? Is it a privately owned club? Is it illegal to deny them? Why would they want to be admitted in there, knowing they aren't wanted? I mean other than to shove it down our throats that they are here and have the power to deny white membership into their race exclusive clubs, but let a white say a black isn't allowed and watch them go Rosa Parks on us!

If they aren't breaking the law, who are you or anyone else to question a decision they make regarding their business?

Good grief....let it go.
saw it

United States

#5 Jun 19, 2008
Right on! Spoken like a true racist!
just wondering wrote:
I hope this doesn't post twice....
Why should they have to? Is it a privately owned club? Is it illegal to deny them? Why would they want to be admitted in there, knowing they aren't wanted? I mean other than to shove it down our throats that they are here and have the power to deny white membership into their race exclusive clubs, but let a white say a black isn't allowed and watch them go Rosa Parks on us!
If they aren't breaking the law, who are you or anyone else to question a decision they make regarding their business?
Good grief....let it go.
just wondering

Little Rock, AR

#6 Jun 19, 2008
saw it wrote:
<quoted text>
why does it make me racist to believe if a private business owner should have the right to refuse to service to anyone? I mean, you can say what you want to about me. You are nobody to me, so it has no affect on me. But I don't think it's being racist to allow someone to exercise their rights.
no name

AOL

#7 Jun 19, 2008
for u to say some bullshit about "they" dont have to shove it down "our" throats that "they" are even here shows that u are a COWARD! u are the one that needs to let that i believe i am superior than u white power bullshit go!
just wondering

Little Rock, AR

#8 Jun 19, 2008
no name wrote:
for u to say some bullshit about "they" dont have to shove it down "our" throats that "they" are even here shows that u are a COWARD! u are the one that needs to let that i believe i am superior than u white power bullshit go!
yeah, that proves I'm a coward.....
guest74

Cordova, TN

#9 Jun 19, 2008
Well, I have a dark skinned friend who is not allowed in there, even though all of us that he is with might be white. He's clean cut (not some thug), everyone loves him, and wouldn't be starting any trouble. Heck, some of the people in there are repeat trouble makers.

I think that if someone isn't allowed, it should be because of not being old enough or bad behavior, not race! And I am WHITE, not that it matters because WE all bleed the same color, WE all have the same feelings, regardless of our skin color!
Hello

North Little Rock, AR

#10 Jun 19, 2008
I have to agree with just wondering. A person who owns a private establishment has the right to refuse service to anyone. They own it. If they don't want a certain type of person in there, don't go. I wouldn't want to go somewhere others do want me to be.

Besides blacks have alot of things whites don't. They have the African-American college fund. Let whites get a all white college fund. People would go crazy about how racist it is!!!
saw it

United States

#11 Jun 19, 2008
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
why does it make me racist to believe if a private business owner should have the right to refuse to service to anyone? I mean, you can say what you want to about me. You are nobody to me, so it has no affect on me. But I don't think it's being racist to allow someone to exercise their rights.
Yes, I understand that I am nobody and that I have no affect on you. That is why you responded. Duh...
Thats Right

United States

#12 Jun 19, 2008
If I was black I wouldn't mind not being able to get into the Drift In. That is like the last place in town I would want to be associated with. Keep all the blacks out and all the white trash in. The ET is just as bad but at least they let the white trash stumble on over there after they get all drunk at their "white trash only" bar.
just wondering

Little Rock, AR

#13 Jun 19, 2008
saw it wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand that I am nobody and that I have no affect on you. That is why you responded. Duh...
Oh please....I responded therefore you have an impact on my life? Someone had some extra ego with their bacon this morning.
saw it

United States

#14 Jun 19, 2008
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please....I responded therefore you have an impact on my life? Someone had some extra ego with their bacon this morning.
See, there you go again. Would you leave me alone already??? I thought I meant nothing to you!*cough* racist *cough*
guest109

Dexter, MO

#15 Jun 19, 2008
The Drift Inn is mainly a redneck country hick bar.
Hello

North Little Rock, AR

#16 Jun 19, 2008
Don't worry just wondering. Sounds like saw it just wants to be important in someone's life. They can't stand it that the aren't.
rights

United States

#17 Jun 19, 2008
Look its racism if someone does nt allow blacks but it is soooo funny how we have all black schools now and all black churches.Get over yourself and stay with the big E.T. i believe that is all blacks right? why would you want to force yourself into somewhere your not wanted?
Curious

AOL

#18 Jun 19, 2008
What about mixed races? How do they determine who is black or white? Do they also deny access to Japanese, Chinese, American Indian, etc, since they are not considered white? If people in this area check their ancestry, they will probably be surprised about what is in their genes. So maybe the 'pure' whites should show proof of their ancestry to gain access? In my opinion, there are very few pure blacks or whites in this nation. Skin color does not always reflect what is in your genes. In some of the older census, American Indians were classified as black, simply because their skin was not white. Personally, I don't go to either of these clubs. But I feel it is wrong to discriminate because of one's skin color.
nana

Trumann, AR

#19 Jun 19, 2008
The blacks need to stop whineing. The American Indian has been mistreated as much as anyone. The Navaho Were saving our butts against the Japs speaking the Navaho language while we had their children in our schools forbidding them to speak the same language at the same time. The Hebrew children were in slaved by the Egypt for 400 years. At one time or another in history every race of people was done wrong. But the bottom line is it is a free country. Whoever owns the drift inn has the right to have a private club. So many men and women have died for him to have that right. Even black men and women. And there are blacks who hate whites also. The hate issue doesnt just go one way. If you dont believe it be white in bly. Wal Mart and have a black cashier. The point is STOP WHINEING. Lots of folks have been done wrong. And we still live in the best country of all.
Dazed

Mayflower, AR

#20 Jun 19, 2008
nana wrote:
The blacks need to stop whineing. The American Indian has been mistreated as much as anyone. The Navaho Were saving our butts against the Japs speaking the Navaho language while we had their children in our schools forbidding them to speak the same language at the same time. The Hebrew children were in slaved by the Egypt for 400 years. At one time or another in history every race of people was done wrong. But the bottom line is it is a free country. Whoever owns the drift inn has the right to have a private club. So many men and women have died for him to have that right. Even black men and women. And there are blacks who hate whites also. The hate issue doesnt just go one way. If you dont believe it be white in bly. Wal Mart and have a black cashier. The point is STOP WHINEING. Lots of folks have been done wrong. And we still live in the best country of all.
Exactly!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 3 min Scrappy 2,474
dale s. 5 min pixi 6
*keep a word drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 6 min Scrappy 3,406
The Last Post Wins 8 min Scrappy 137
Brandon Brown 15 min LaLa 37
Dance 16 min guest 3
4 Word Game 2 (Nov '09) 17 min Scrappy 6,469
what happened at Dominoes 4 hr ipscofriend 28
Tenaris Plant Shutdown 9 hr God Bless 18
Blytheville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blytheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?