Comments
41 - 60 of 77 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2010
Chris

Little Rock, AR

#52 Jan 5, 2008
Dell man how do you apply for a job out there ive heard so many good things about that place money seems to be top at the power plant in blytheville now.
Tyler

United States

#53 Jan 8, 2008
Can someone please tell me how to apply for either the Dell or Osceola Power plants I herd they pay the best in NE AR now I herd Osceola will pay a little more.

Since: Dec 07

Little Rock, AR

#54 Jan 9, 2008
powerman wrote:
people at dell dont have near 5 yrs experience in the business but they make 25 plus an hour
As far as the "experience", what about if somebody was there for the construction part of the plant? I was a pipe welder there when it was still NEPCO and then went to SnC Lavolin. I was the 5th welder hired on site there and I was also there for about a year and a half. I was going ot check into getting back on when TIC started in, but some friends of mine told me that I would be waisting my time because of how the company was running everything. I have been in the steel comstruction industry and the maint. part of the steel mills for about 10 years now. I am a structural welder and also a combo pipe welder. It would take a minute to get my hand back at tig welding, but I know it wouldn't take long. I have been in the safety field now for a while as well. I'm not saying that I want to leave the company I work for right now, But I was just kind of looking into other opertunities for one of those "just in case" type deals. Waht kind of a chance would someone like me have of getting on with the power plant? Just wondering.
T Rock

United States

#55 Jan 10, 2008
undertaker74 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the "experience", what about if somebody was there for the construction part of the plant? I was a pipe welder there when it was still NEPCO and then went to SnC Lavolin. I was the 5th welder hired on site there and I was also there for about a year and a half. I was going ot check into getting back on when TIC started in, but some friends of mine told me that I would be waisting my time because of how the company was running everything. I have been in the steel comstruction industry and the maint. part of the steel mills for about 10 years now. I am a structural welder and also a combo pipe welder. It would take a minute to get my hand back at tig welding, but I know it wouldn't take long. I have been in the safety field now for a while as well. I'm not saying that I want to leave the company I work for right now, But I was just kind of looking into other opertunities for one of those "just in case" type deals. Waht kind of a chance would someone like me have of getting on with the power plant? Just wondering.
If you want to go to work in osceola why don't you give HB Zachry a call (or online). They are paying $23 an hour, and $70 a day per diem. I worked at Dell for Nepco, SNC, and TIC, I probably know You, My name is Taylor.
power man

Springfield, MO

#56 Jan 15, 2008
Best job i have ever had

Jonesboro, AR

#57 Jan 16, 2008
Bobby, Money, Ted, Billy J and Bob (all are probably the same person), please get a life. You think you are being cute on here, but you just look stupid. Now shut up and get back on the subject at hand, the Dell Power Plant. This thread has nothing to do with Nucor so just shut the hell up about it.

United States

#58 Jan 23, 2008
T Rock wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to go to work in osceola why don't you give HB Zachry a call (or online). They are paying $23 an hour, and $70 a day per diem. I worked at Dell for Nepco, SNC, and TIC, I probably know You, My name is Taylor.
You may, I was in the pipe department. I was the 5th welder that was hired on-site. Tere was me and my bro Bobby. I was there through all the crap that went on. There was sooooo much under the table stuff that was going through that place. It was a good job, don't get me wrong, I made good money there, but there were "some" that made A LOT of money. LOL
addict

United States

#59 Jan 23, 2008
T Rock wrote:
Why do you think John Correnti is building Severcorr Steel in Columbus, Ms instead of Osceola. Correnti used to be the CEO of Nucor. He has hired some of his key people away from Nucor such as John Bell, who used to be the melt shop manager at Yamato.
and now look at correnti LOL!!!!!!!!!! Severcorr has already fired him and most of the people that went with him.... gotta love the russians.

United States

#60 Jan 25, 2008
What is the name of the power plant now?

United States

#61 Jan 25, 2008
How come nobody is answering the question of how to apply at the power plant? I've got 15 yrs. exp. in electrical/maint. in chemical manf. plants and would like to try to get on. Where do I mail a resume to? What is their Phone no. Any help would be appreciated.
power man

Springfield, MO

#62 Jan 25, 2008
call info for the dell power plant. cant post numbers

Memphis, TN

#63 Jan 28, 2008
addict wrote:
<quoted text>
and now look at correnti LOL!!!!!!!!!! Severcorr has already fired him and most of the people that went with him.... gotta love the russians.
I heard they bought out his portion of the stocks because they wanted to run it the way they want to. So he sold out, as did a few of the others.
Billy

Springfield, MO

#64 Jan 28, 2008
what are you talking about?
Bootheel

Springfield, MO

#65 Feb 12, 2008
pole
Greg Breitfelder

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#67 Jun 4, 2008
I am a recruiter (headhunter) I need a melt shop supervisor for a open position. This person could be a senior process engineer or supervisior. Opportunity is excellent. Pay is good. 90-130K. Email resume to: gregbreitfelder@mergisgroup.co m
Cory

Paragould, AR

#68 Jun 11, 2008
The Power Plant can make you a lot of money. However for all of you local electricians that are leaving you employers stranded to head over to the power plant you better think twice because the day will come when the project is done and you will be wanting your job back..
John

Springfield, MO

#69 Jun 17, 2008
People don't realize around this part of the country that the power plant industry pays really well. Start out around $25.00 dollars per hour for entry level positions and experienced power planlt operators 25 to 45 per hour depending on the position you hold. Thats straight time money not production added in, also there is hefty bonus at the end of the year.

United States

#70 Jul 25, 2008
Hi all. My husband has been in the business for 8 years and is looking for another job. We've been in West Memphis AR for 6 months and now we're looking to go to Osceola. If anyone has any information on this job please let me know.

Monette, AR

#71 Jul 25, 2008
John wrote:
People don't realize around this part of the country that the power plant industry pays really well. Start out around $25.00 dollars per hour for entry level positions and experienced power planlt operators 25 to 45 per hour depending on the position you hold. Thats straight time money not production added in, also there is hefty bonus at the end of the year.
That is true, but the power plant in Dell isn't a very stable job that you can count on. Just look at how many people have been laid off from there in the past. I would bee leery of going to work there. Maybe power plants elsewhere are more stable, but this one is not.
CMS

United States

#72 Oct 4, 2008
LET ME TELL U SOMETHING THE POWER PLANT DOES NOT PAY THAT MUCH UNLESS U ARE A BOSS MY BOYFRIEND WORKS OUT THERE AND I HAVE 3 FRIENDS WHO WORK OUT THERE AND THEY DO MAKE GOOD MONEY BUT NOT THAT GOOD NOT MORE THEN NUCOR GUYS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girl that works at ipsco 59 min guest 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 29,667
beware of this tweeker 1 hr guest 4
Alison bloodworth 6 hr just me 2
Good video 6 hr Guest 1
This town is a war zone 7 hr Guest 42
Councilmen skeptical of Parks & Rec Grant Plan 8 hr guest 9
woods gets off 12 hr Crow T Robot 8
•••
•••