which antidepressant works for you an...

which antidepressant works for you and which do not

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CURIOUS

Little Rock, AR

#1 Jan 27, 2008
I'm experimenting with them and haven't found "THE ONE" yet. Any suggestions or comments?? Just want to hear others real experiences.

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2008
a combination of zoloft and depicote for major depression disordor

Even though it takes weeks to get the full benefit, I can always tell a difference within days on my meds if they are going to work.
Lift-off

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2008
Take two aspirin and call your doctor in the AM. Not reading TOPIX also helps.

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2008
I take a combo of wellbutrin and effexor. Works wonders for me. My doctor says everyone in the world should be on antidepressants.
Hmmmm

AOL

#5 Jan 27, 2008
Guest wrote:
My doctor says everyone in the world should be on antidepressants.
Imagine that!!! That is the most absurd statement I have read in a very long time.

Why not put the whole world on meds? Between the toxins in the drug and the high cost of the office visits and the prescriptions, it shouldn't take long to annialate the planet.

Little Rock, AR

#6 Jan 27, 2008
Anyone taking Lexapro, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Celexa, or Effexor -- and if so HOW does it help you, and did it make you gain weight?

United States

#7 Jan 27, 2008
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that!!! That is the most absurd statement I have read in a very long time.
Why not put the whole world on meds? Between the toxins in the drug and the high cost of the office visits and the prescriptions, it shouldn't take long to annialate the planet.
Is this Tom Cruise?

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jan 27, 2008
I take Celexa. It works great for me, no side effects. And no, no weight gain. I had major crying spells, unprovoked and for no reason. I was put on this about 4 years ago.

United States

#9 Jan 27, 2008
Guest wrote:
I take a combo of wellbutrin and effexor. Works wonders for me. My doctor says everyone in the world should be on antidepressants.
My husband died several years ago. His death and dealing with a 3 year old who didn't understand why Daddy wasn't at home anymore led to depression. I didn't gain any weight with either, but I do suffer from a dry mouth that seems to lessen when I forget to take my meds. Not sure from which one, though. I have a friend who takes Zoloft and I don't think it's really working for her. Could be just her body chemistry though, might work well for you.
addict

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2008
Guest wrote:
your dr's last name wouldnt be smith buy chance...you can go to him with a broke arm and he'll write a script for depression...LOL

United States

#11 Jan 27, 2008
addict wrote:
<quoted text>
your dr's last name wouldnt be smith buy chance...you can go to him with a broke arm and he'll write a script for depression...LOL
No, I wouldn't let him treat my horse. And I agree with that. My sister-in-law went to him for a tick bite and he tried to give her prozac. Don't get me wrong, she probably could use it, but geez!
JSYK

Trumann, AR

#12 Jan 27, 2008
guest wrote:
Anyone taking Lexapro, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Celexa, or Effexor -- and if so HOW does it help you, and did it make you gain weight?
My doctor put me on Effexor. I was suffering from not sleeping, irritability, anxiety and withdrawing from everything that I loved to do. The Effexor was the best thing for me during that time. I suffered no weight gain & did not have to be on them but around 3 months. I would recommend them to anyone with symptoms such as those I suffered. My mood & outlook on life got so bad & I don't know if I would of made it through that time without the meds. It has been almost a year since I had to take them & I have not suffered from those symptons since then. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
hbp

United States

#13 Jan 28, 2008
addict wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you too? I went in for high blood pressure. Found out later from my insurance co that my diagnosis was depression and my new policy was limited because of it. Funny thing, no one told me about it.

Little Rock, AR

#14 Jan 28, 2008
JSYK wrote:
<quoted text>
My doctor put me on Effexor. I was suffering from not sleeping, irritability, anxiety and withdrawing from everything that I loved to do. The Effexor was the best thing for me during that time. I suffered no weight gain & did not have to be on them but around 3 months. I would recommend them to anyone with symptoms such as those I suffered. My mood & outlook on life got so bad & I don't know if I would of made it through that time without the meds. It has been almost a year since I had to take them & I have not suffered from those symptons since then. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
I have bad anxiety and my doc tried me on Zoloft first. When that didn't work he put me on Effexor. It works wonders for my anxiety but the only problem I have with it is if I forget to take it or I am a little late on taking it I become an emotional wreck!!! Did you ever have any symptoms after getting off of it like that? My mother-in-law says she also experiences side effects when being late on taking her effexor.
Sunny

AOL

#15 Jan 28, 2008
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Tom Cruise?
No, it's me, Sunny. I was posting on a forum in another city/state and using "Hmmmm" as the screen name. I forgot to change it back when I came back to Blytheville's forum.

Why did you ask if the post was created by Tom Cruise?

“I don't do mornings!”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#16 Jan 28, 2008
guest wrote:
Took Zoloft...didn't work, the doctor told me being a biotch may just be a part of my personality and to warn my friends (seriously he did)!
JSYK

Sherwood, AR

#17 Jan 29, 2008
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I have bad anxiety and my doc tried me on Zoloft first. When that didn't work he put me on Effexor. It works wonders for my anxiety but the only problem I have with it is if I forget to take it or I am a little late on taking it I become an emotional wreck!!! Did you ever have any symptoms after getting off of it like that? My mother-in-law says she also experiences side effects when being late on taking her effexor.
I'd say for the first week I was kind of teary eyed. But then my body kind of phased out of it. I could tell a world of difference in my attitude & every morning I look forward to the day ahead. Some people have to take it longer than I did I know, but I felt like I was going crazy. Within the first few days of taking it I felt a peacefulness I had not felt in a long time. If I was late taking it I could feel the anxiety building up. I just couldn't imagine that I would ever be on an antidepressant. But for the grace of God thats the only thing that pulled me thru.
guest3

United States

#18 Jan 29, 2008
JSYK wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say for the first week I was kind of teary eyed. But then my body kind of phased out of it. I could tell a world of difference in my attitude & every morning I look forward to the day ahead. Some people have to take it longer than I did I know, but I felt like I was going crazy. Within the first few days of taking it I felt a peacefulness I had not felt in a long time. If I was late taking it I could feel the anxiety building up. I just couldn't imagine that I would ever be on an antidepressant. But for the grace of God thats the only thing that pulled me thru.
SO JSYK, it was Effexor that worked for you??
JSYK

Trumann, AR

#19 Jan 29, 2008
guest3 wrote:
<quoted text>
SO JSYK, it was Effexor that worked for you??
Yes it was. Seemed to do wonders for me.
guest3

United States

#20 Jan 29, 2008
Thank you JSYK, I've been taking Lexapro, can't seem to tell a difference, but I have a lot of things going on right now too though. It seems like Lexapro just makes me gain weight. Maybe I'll try switching. Tried Prozac for a month a few years ago and that seemed to work TOO well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When did Blytheville become such a dump? 19 min guest 30
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 19 min SSOB 43,245
Dr. Cato 1 hr pink pig 6
Fire Department 1 hr IamJack 406
stop or this is where all your texts will end up! 3 hr guest 2
Is there a noise ordinance in Blytheville 17 hr geeman 23
Is Scott Ellington up for re-election? Mon Mark 8

Blytheville Jobs

Personal Finance

Blytheville Mortgages