Bring in BRS

Forrest City, AR

#62 Apr 6, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> why are you such a big supporter of BRS? It's all about the state and county funds that gets me. Nucor received tax incentives but not the free money... Correnti stands to lose nothing!!!
NUCOR and the plants that are offshoots of NUCOR haven't done nothing for Blytheville or other towns in Missco. When I left Blytheville in the 70's the population was 25,883. Blytheville was thriving. When I came home on leave a couple years later, Blytheville had gained a lot of factories. Blytheville and all of Mississippi county,not just Armorel was thriving. NUCOR came in. All the plants left,except NIBCO. NUCOR and its offshoots started hiring people from Missouri,Tennesse and outside of Mississippi County. American Greeting and Vikase and Nibco,hire 90% of Mississippi County population. Have you looked at how Kennett and Dyerburgs are growing? What good is having a steel Mill here(NUCOR and its off shoots)When the majority of the people who work for them lives in other states and counties. Apparently the leaders of Blytheville finally realize this and that is why they are supporting BRS. Mississippi County isn't just Armorel.

Paragould, AR

#63 Apr 6, 2013
The closing of the airbase in 1992 put a major dent in Blytheville's population. Then you have the corrupt local government that has no real interest in seeing Blytheville grow (they would rather be big fish in a small pond ... and drain it dry).

There is no GOOD reason why Blytheville isn't bigger than Jonesboro. It is just that Jonesboro has benefited from better city leaders over the past several decades.

You can't blame Nucor. If anything, Nucor (and all the other related factories) is the only thing propping up Blytheville.

Why would anyone want to move to Blytheville?

Monticello, AR

#64 Apr 7, 2013
guest wrote:
The closing of the airbase in 1992 put a major dent in Blytheville's population. Then you have the corrupt local government that has no real interest in seeing Blytheville grow (they would rather be big fish in a small pond ... and drain it dry).
There is no GOOD reason why Blytheville isn't bigger than Jonesboro. It is just that Jonesboro has benefited from better city leaders over the past several decades.
You can't blame Nucor. If anything, Nucor (and all the other related factories) is the only thing propping up Blytheville.
Thank you! What little that is left here is because of Nucor. BRS employees will live elsewhere too, if they had to sign papers stating all employees live in Mississippi County, they would be pulling out. The school district and the crime contributes to the decline in population!!!!!!!!!
Everyone see

Forrest City, AR

#65 Apr 7, 2013
guest wrote:
The closure of the base and corrupt city leaders I agree with. NUCOR and the other factories propping Blytheville up I don't agree with.
Everyone see

Forrest City, AR

#66 Apr 7, 2013
Everyone see wrote:
<quoted text> The closure of the base and corrupt city leaders I agree with. NUCOR and the other factories propping Blytheville up I don't agree with.
Please show me where they are propping Blytheville up. If they were doing so much for Mississippi county, do you honestly think that the elected official in Little Rock would be pushing for BRS. Mississippi County Arkansas, with two steel mills and others factories related to these two steel mills is the poorest county in the Mississippi Delta(cite- Time Magazine).

“Old Dinner Bell”

Since: Mar 13

" Home Sweet Home "

#67 Apr 7, 2013
Not only the people working here live else where, the people that retired here are moving away.

Nucor has contributed, not only with jobs, but with steel for buildings such as the college and others, and monetary donations for projects such as the community center and school events. Many times, Nucor has sponsored a group or event with little or no fanfare. Lets hope they know all the people haven't forgotten them.

Q : Where is the money for the community center?
A : Who knows.
Everyone see

Forrest City, AR

#68 Apr 7, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you! What little that is left here is because of Nucor. BRS employees will live elsewhere too, if they had to sign papers stating all employees live in Mississippi County, they would be pulling out. The school district and the crime contributes to the decline in population!!!!!!!!!
Is that why NUCOR and the others factories do not support Blytheville, because the schools are 75% Blacks? Armorel schools is 99.9% white so NUCOR support them? Crime is all across the U.S. Not just Blytheville. When I read the Blytheville paper, I see all nationalities committing crimes. Unlike a lot of bigots, I see pass all race. Show me a perfect race of people. NUCOR have raped Blytheville. Lack of jobs,caused the loss in population. All your school shooting have taken place at white schools only. By majority white kids. In affluent all white neighborhoods. How soon have you forgotten Sandy Hook. Oh I forgot, this is not suppose to happen in you all neighborhood.

Blytheville, AR

#69 Apr 7, 2013
Everyone see wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why NUCOR and the others factories do not support Blytheville, because the schools are 75% Blacks? Armorel schools is 99.9% white so NUCOR support them? Crime is all across the U.S. Not just Blytheville. When I read the Blytheville paper, I see all nationalities committing crimes. Unlike a lot of bigots, I see pass all race. Show me a perfect race of people. NUCOR have raped Blytheville. Lack of jobs,caused the loss in population. All your school shooting have taken place at white schools only. By majority white kids. In affluent all white neighborhoods. How soon have you forgotten Sandy Hook. Oh I forgot, this is not suppose to happen in you all neighborhood.
Yeah keep dreaming - your so called special race that you are defending or trying to defend is nothing but honest saints..

Some people always have to turn everything to race, so that they have something to blame other than their own pathetic loser attitude..

Jonesboro, AR

#70 Apr 7, 2013
BRS has ready brought another big company to Missco. If Nucor wanted to build what BRS is going to they should have invested years ago.

Bono, AR

#71 Apr 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
BRS has ready brought another big company to Missco. If Nucor wanted to build what BRS is going to they should have invested years ago.
What BIG company has BRS brought to this county? Where are they located, and how many are employed there?
Nucor built a steel mill, and has invested in it every year since. What is BRS going to do differently?
drehi

Little Rock, AR

#72 Apr 8, 2013
A new river port was announced after BRS that will employ 200 people. Did that have something to do with it?

Bono, AR

#73 Apr 8, 2013
I don't think the rail-to-barge oil terminal (if that is your referral) has any connection with BRS. The oil terminal may eventually replace the 60 year old pipe line that dissects the state.
haters

Monticello, AR

#74 Apr 8, 2013
Nucor has and does support all of the schools. Do some homework and you will find the truth.

“Old Dinner Bell”

Since: Mar 13

" Home Sweet Home "

#75 Apr 8, 2013
haters wrote:
Nucor has and does support all of the schools. Do some homework and you will find the truth.
See post # 67.

Trumann, AR

#76 Apr 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>What BIG company has BRS brought to this county? Where are they located, and how many are employed there?
Nucor built a steel mill, and has invested in it every year since. What is BRS going to do differently?
Correnti has publically stated that he is going TO REQUIRE that UPPER MANAGEMENT LIVE IN MISSISSIPPI COUNTY and thathe made a mistake when he didn't make that mandatory when he brought in Nucor!!!!

It could be that if the upper crust doesn't think the county who supports them, isn't good enough for them to live at, maybe the worker bees won't either.

At least Correnti lives in Mississippi County!

Nucor's upper crust live in Memphis, Kennett, Dyersburg, etc.
I don't recall either the state of Missouri or Tennessee contributing to the start up money for Nucor.

If I am wrong tell us what top managers live here.

Little Rock, AR

#77 Apr 8, 2013
OSCEOLA GETTING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

good job Osceola politicians

BAD JOB BLYTHEVILLE WANNA BEES
Ole Charlie

Trumann, AR

#78 Apr 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> why are you such a big supporter of BRS? It's all about the state and county funds that gets me. Nucor received tax incentives but not the free money... Correnti stands to lose nothing!!!
Is it true that NUCOR PAYS NO TAXES IN MISSISSIPPI COUNTY?

If they don't pay taxes then they are getting FREE money and have been for over twenty years. I am curious to know how many millions that totals.

You seem to know all about Nucor so answer the question... do they pay taxes?
City citiizen

Little Rock, AR

#79 Apr 8, 2013
haters wrote:
Nucor has a paid recruiter on staff for KIPP schools. Or at least that is how she introduces herself at community meetings.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

#80 Apr 8, 2013
guest wrote:
OSCEOLA GETTING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
good job Osceola politicians
BAD JOB BLYTHEVILLE WANNA BEES
Osceola has great momentum going. It is in the best interest of the county and county citizens to support all county schools, government and workforce. No need to point out the negative. Perception keeps good families from moving into the area, when in fact the schools have outstanding programs, housing is adequate and jobs are plentiful.
Raise the Praise...Minimize the Criticize!,
worker

Jonesboro, AR

#81 Apr 8, 2013
Nucor employees get over yourselves. A dose of the real world has happened. Good for the people good for business and good for money. Blytheville flunkies leaders lost their way when they held a special election for the tax thief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacey Bullard 2 min 360Junkman 14
Hoppers Exxon 9 min Ted henry 1
*keep a word drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 39 min Username 3,756
Word Game 2 (Nov '09) 41 min Username 2,734
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 43 min Username 2,812
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Glenn Camel 30,780
Dating 1 hr Guest 1

Flood Warning for Mississippi County was issued at March 30 at 10:48AM CDT

Blytheville Dating
Find my Match