Why not close Administration Building...

Why not close Administration Building instead of Central

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

parent

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Blytheville may have the best administration building in the state.
I think Blytheville could use one like Gosnell or Armorel.

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 5, 2013
and which problem would that solve? How much would that save the school system?
mike

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Feb 5, 2013
parent wrote:
Blytheville may have the best administration building in the state.
I think Blytheville could use one like Gosnell or Armorel.
the building is bought and paid for moving the offices would require buying or renting and you would still have to maintain building and even as nice as it is it is hard to sell something like that (way too big for most buyers ) anyone large enough to want that size of a building would build to order. Jonesboro had the same problem downtown with a old bank. it just would not save enough money to justify the trouble.
parent

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>the building is bought and paid for moving the offices would require buying or renting and you would still have to maintain building and even as nice as it is it is hard to sell something like that (way too big for most buyers ) anyone large enough to want that size of a building would build to order. Jonesboro had the same problem downtown with a old bank. it just would not save enough money to justify the trouble.
Utilities and upkeep on that big building has got to be alot. With declining numbers, seems like a waste.
hmmm well ok
#5 Feb 5, 2013
well my kids r in the 3rd grade @ central. so what happens nxt yr? if that happens 4th graders will prob go to intermediate n my boys WONT go there. i heard its starts getting bad after central. well if they close central i will pull my kids OUT n put them where my neice goes. HOME SCHOOL. That way i know my boys r safe
wachya think

Blytheville, AR

#6 Feb 5, 2013
hmmm well ok wrote:
well my kids r in the 3rd grade @ central. so what happens nxt yr? if that happens 4th graders will prob go to intermediate n my boys WONT go there. i heard its starts getting bad after central. well if they close central i will pull my kids OUT n put them where my neice goes. HOME SCHOOL. That way i know my boys r safe
Yeh sounds like you should go ahead and pull them out. Why even put them in to begin with if there is no intention for them finishing the school system? Let them make friends and become familiar with a routine only to pull them out. Geez! My child goes to intermediate and I have had no problems at all! And my child that is at central will certainly go to the intermediate as well!
Parent also

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Feb 5, 2013
hmmm well ok wrote:
So sounds like they either home school year after next ot next year!
citizen

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>the building is bought and paid for moving the offices would require buying or renting and you would still have to maintain building and even as nice as it is it is hard to sell something like that (way too big for most buyers ) anyone large enough to want that size of a building would build to order. Jonesboro had the same problem downtown with a old bank. it just would not save enough money to justify the trouble.
central is bought and paid for also, think they could sell or rent administration before central.

Benton, AR

#9 Feb 5, 2013
how about closing them both?

Little Rock, AR

#10 Feb 5, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>central is bought and paid for also, think they could sell or rent administration before central.
If we had companies looking for that much office space, we wouldn't be closing down a school.

Thank you very much.
greg

Blytheville, AR

#11 Feb 5, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>central is bought and paid for also, think they could sell or rent administration before central.
yes central is bought and paid for but it is in need of some magor repairs and upgrades that are mandated by the state and is for the students the ad min bld is not required to do these updates because that is not where the kids go to school at. like most school districts they bandade the school for years hoping to some how get funding for a new school and the time has ran out. i for one hate to see it go but i hope it is torn down and not left to decay any further
greg

Blytheville, AR

#12 Feb 5, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>Utilities and upkeep on that big building has got to be alot. With declining numbers, seems like a waste.
yes it does but i would think the upkeep on the building and the cost of utilities are less than it would be to relocate pay all of the upkeep rent mortgage and utilities on the new place and keep up the old place untill it is sold or leased out the ad min bld is in a lot better shape than central school. what should have happen was to have added 3rd and 4th grade to the new school when it was built instead of peace milling everything. i guess that that is a problem everywhere where student population is declining
wondering

United States

#13 Feb 5, 2013
are there any room to move admin to bus building. how many offices do they need
me think

Benton, AR

#14 Feb 5, 2013
too many chiefs

not enough chickasaws
citizen

United States

#15 Feb 5, 2013
me think wrote:
too many chiefs
not enough chickasaws
totally agree, what will happen to principals from central. to top heavy with out of line salaries.
does atwill have his doctorate, if not, he's getting paid like he has

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Defacing Monuments 6 min mastercharge 57
no home football 10 min mastercharge 23
handicap parking 11 min Citizen 8
Explain this internet sales tax. 18 min mastercharge 12
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 50 min Reality Check 38,772
Why has Blyethville gotten so bad? 1 hr Mr Solar Eclipse 125
blytheville crime rate higer than us average (Jul '13) 2 hr Aunt Honey 23

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance