First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IMO

United States

#1 Nov 10, 2007
With all the discussion surrounding cheating, I wanted to ask a question. Does everyone really believe that if a wife "keeps their man happy" at home, he won't cheat? I, for one, think that's a crock of shit. Men cheat, women cheat....and it doesn't necessiarly have to do with just sex. It's the rush, the risk, the strange, the newness of someone else.....it's not simply about sex.

IMO, a person can be perfectly happy in their homelife and completely in love, but still cheat.

And why, exactly, should any career hold someone in such a high esteem? If a cop is cheating on the job, fire him. If a fast food worker is cheating on the job, fire them. If they are off the clock, in their own time, how does that affect their ability to preform their job while at work? If that is the mentality of all, should teachers cuss? Should doctors/nurses drink? My point is, they are all human, and they do all have lives away from work.

Again, this is just my opinion
wow

Rogers, AR

#2 Nov 10, 2007
and a very good one!
screw yall

Portageville, MO

#3 Nov 10, 2007
IMO wrote:
With all the discussion surrounding cheating, I wanted to ask a question. Does everyone really believe that if a wife "keeps their man happy" at home, he won't cheat? I, for one, think that's a crock of shit. Men cheat, women cheat....and it doesn't necessiarly have to do with just sex. It's the rush, the risk, the strange, the newness of someone else.....it's not simply about sex.
IMO, a person can be perfectly happy in their homelife and completely in love, but still cheat.
And why, exactly, should any career hold someone in such a high esteem? If a cop is cheating on the job, fire him. If a fast food worker is cheating on the job, fire them. If they are off the clock, in their own time, how does that affect their ability to preform their job while at work? If that is the mentality of all, should teachers cuss? Should doctors/nurses drink? My point is, they are all human, and they do all have lives away from work.
Again, this is just my opinion
That is a very awesome, for once someone posted a topic that actually had some meaning and thought to it! kuddos for you!!!
guest

United States

#4 Nov 10, 2007
I agree with you. There are some people who will just cheat. I have seen people who were "womanizers" that met the "right person" and settled down. I have seen the "womanizers" settle down for awhile then go back to their old ways when they get comfortable and think that they can get by with it. I think that they put on a good act in some cases. In others, I believe that they believed that they changed. I think some people do not have good values. Maybe it wasn't instilled at home, I don't know. However, I have seen people change for the good and stay that way. I hope you know what you are getting in to before you walk down the isle. If you made a mistake and married a man whore, divorce him. Move on.
Oh, here is some advice....
If they cheated on someone to be with you, guess what? They will probably cheat on you to be with someone else!
Akso

United States

#5 Nov 10, 2007
What advice do you have for the men married to the cheating women?
IMO

United States

#6 Nov 10, 2007
Akso wrote:
What advice do you have for the men married to the cheating women?
Well, if they took care of them at home, they wouldn't cheat...lol, just kiddin'.

Depends on the person. Some people deal with it differently than others. Some can forgive and forget and move on. There's more factors than just the act....was it a fling or an affair...emotional involvement or just sex....I could deal with just the sex, but I couldn't deal with emotional involvement. My ex husband wasn't faithful. He wasn't faithful when we were dating, but I loved him and I married him anyway. He always came home to me, but I knew there were times he was with someone else before he came home. I chose to accept this because I knew he did love me. I've been flamed for this from friends many times, but that doesn't change the way I view it. I don't know why some people need to get their jollys off with others when there is always someone at home to take care of it for them. Makes no sense, but that's how it goes.

So, to answer your question....I would advise to deal with what you can, and if you can't, move on.
guest

United States

#7 Nov 10, 2007
Akso wrote:
What advice do you have for the men married to the cheating women?
That is up to that person. Some people don't care if their spouse sleeps around. If you do care, then you should get a divorce.
guest72315

United States

#8 Nov 12, 2007
IMO wrote:
With all the discussion surrounding cheating, I wanted to ask a question. Does everyone really believe that if a wife "keeps their man happy" at home, he won't cheat? I, for one, think that's a crock of shit. Men cheat, women cheat....and it doesn't necessiarly have to do with just sex. It's the rush, the risk, the strange, the newness of someone else.....it's not simply about sex.
IMO, a person can be perfectly happy in their homelife and completely in love, but still cheat.
And why, exactly, should any career hold someone in such a high esteem? If a cop is cheating on the job, fire him. If a fast food worker is cheating on the job, fire them. If they are off the clock, in their own time, how does that affect their ability to preform their job while at work? If that is the mentality of all, should teachers cuss? Should doctors/nurses drink? My point is, they are all human, and they do all have lives away from work.
Again, this is just my opinion
I agree!
Cisp

Northridge, CA

#9 Nov 18, 2007
I think if you're married you are on the 'job' 24/7 no off the clock it's your life. But, I like the way you put it, made me think.
just me

United States

#10 Nov 29, 2007
people cheat because they want to if you are looking for an excuse your going to find one.It doesnt matter how much sex someone is getting at home.Cheating is a stupid game.
faithful

Lake City, AR

#11 Nov 29, 2007
hey, i just gotta say that this is a wonderful topic because it actually happens everyday. When I was growing up, my dad cheated several times on my mom and she just kept letting him come back. He even moved in with his best friends wife at one time but soon realized that he wanted his family. Maybe it wasnt until she told him that she wanted kids that he tucked his tail and ran seein hows he had already had "snip snip" and that was before the days of reversals. My point being, he kept cheating, knowing the consequences. I havent had a good relationship with my dad since then and I think that is something that every mom or dad should think about before they cheat.
supervisor

Bragg City, MO

#12 Nov 29, 2007
IMO wrote:
With all the discussion surrounding cheating, I wanted to ask a question. Does everyone really believe that if a wife "keeps their man happy" at home, he won't cheat? I, for one, think that's a crock of shit. Men cheat, women cheat....and it doesn't necessiarly have to do with just sex. It's the rush, the risk, the strange, the newness of someone else.....it's not simply about sex.
IMO, a person can be perfectly happy in their homelife and completely in love, but still cheat.
And why, exactly, should any career hold someone in such a high esteem? If a cop is cheating on the job, fire him. If a fast food worker is cheating on the job, fire them. If they are off the clock, in their own time, how does that affect their ability to preform their job while at work? If that is the mentality of all, should teachers cuss? Should doctors/nurses drink? My point is, they are all human, and they do all have lives away from work.
Again, this is just my opinion
and that opinion is a good one!
just me

United States

#13 Nov 29, 2007
People dont realize that they are not just heating on the spouse they are cheating their kid's to.That's a real good point faithful...thanx
the lucky one

Ripley, TN

#15 Dec 7, 2007
I have to say, my husband cheated on me. We seperated and almost got the big D. But i guess after he did his thing and figured out what he had at home compared to his gf. He was happier with me and the kids. So I gave him one more chance, for me and the kids, cause the kids was really hurt and hated the gf for taken their dad away from us. We are still together and it's been about ten years and now really happier than before. I thank God for working things out with my family. I have a GREAT husband now cause he knows that he made a mistake and worships the ground I walk on.

I do believe that a husband or a wife deserves a second chance if they are serious about working things out.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Dec 7, 2007
the lucky one wrote:
I have to say, my husband cheated on me. We seperated and almost got the big D. But i guess after he did his thing and figured out what he had at home compared to his gf. He was happier with me and the kids. So I gave him one more chance, for me and the kids, cause the kids was really hurt and hated the gf for taken their dad away from us. We are still together and it's been about ten years and now really happier than before. I thank God for working things out with my family. I have a GREAT husband now cause he knows that he made a mistake and worships the ground I walk on.
I do believe that a husband or a wife deserves a second chance if they are serious about working things out.
God forbid that ever happens to me, but I honestly do not think I could trust him after that. I would always wonder, every time he came home a few minutes late, or didn't answer his cell phone what he was up to. I could not ever forget about it if it happened to me. Once I found out, it would be over for good. No going back. But it is good that you were able to get past it. Some people can... I would not be able to.
the lucky one

Memphis, TN

#17 Dec 7, 2007
guest, It was hard at first, but he built the trust back in me and now everything is great. I would have to say that if it happened again there would NOT be any going back to him. But I have to say my marriage is now going. I forgave him but will never forget what he did to me and he knows that to. He regrets everything he did.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Dec 7, 2007
the lucky one wrote:
guest, It was hard at first, but he built the trust back in me and now everything is great. I would have to say that if it happened again there would NOT be any going back to him. But I have to say my marriage is now going. I forgave him but will never forget what he did to me and he knows that to. He regrets everything he did.
That's great that it worked out for you. Best of luck.:)
the lucky one

Memphis, TN

#20 Dec 8, 2007
thanks
guest

Hermitage, TN

#21 Jun 17, 2008
the lucky one wrote:
guest, It was hard at first, but he built the trust back in me and now everything is great. I would have to say that if it happened again there would NOT be any going back to him. But I have to say my marriage is now going. I forgave him but will never forget what he did to me and he knows that to. He regrets everything he did.
How can you be sure he hasn't cheated again? You NEVER know for sure!!!!!
guest

Hermitage, TN

#22 Jun 17, 2008
If you live in Southaven, MS and a female stay away from Don (married, 56 years old) He is a snake!!!! He has had so many affairs I stopped
counting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets raise all taxes except motel 11 min Crow T Robot 8
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 18 min SSOB 38,241
Looking for J.Smith 1 hr I know 12
Blacks Not Wanted 1 hr hmm 13
Council welcomes Goodwill 1 hr yup 13
Outside investigators 3 hr Seriously 56
chitwood tax 3 hr Seriously 3

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blytheville Mortgages