Faye

United States

#1 Nov 5, 2012
My daughters mother-n-Law brought roaches into my daughter's trailer Home. What is best over-the-counter "Killer" for roaches?
She cannot afford an exterminator fee to get rid of them. I KNOW an exterminator pest control would be best- but she can't afford it.
Also, she has two small children in the house- and would want it not to be harmful to her children.
What is best over-the-counter killer for roaches? Thanks

United States

#2 Nov 5, 2012
Faye wrote:
My daughters mother-n-Law brought roaches into my daughter's trailer Home. What is best over-the-counter "Killer" for roaches?
She cannot afford an exterminator fee to get rid of them. I KNOW an exterminator pest control would be best- but she can't afford it.
Also, she has two small children in the house- and would want it not to be harmful to her children.
Demon- It is around $40 a pint but makes about 30 gallons per spray- it is sold @ Hardy Sales on Division St.
Worked for me

United States

#3 Nov 5, 2012
The little boxes with glue on the inside worked for me several years ago when I rented a condo. The first night I was there, I discovered the place was full of roaches. I put those little roach motels or whatever they call them, in the kitchen cabinets, on the kitchen counters and other places where the roaches were. Took a few days, but I finally got rid of them.
sandra-mathis-do oley

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 5, 2012
hi! i heard that you can use hot crushed pepper are hot sauce! and heard you can put hot crushed pepper in boric acid powder good too!
Guest ta mate

United States

#5 Nov 5, 2012
Faye wrote:
the BEST old school remedy is BORIC ACID in a powder form. You can buy it at Fondren's Hardware. Sprinkle it out in the back of your cabinets. The roach walks through it and then the roach dies. And it lasts and lasts and lasts...
Apples and Oranges

Trumann, AR

#6 Nov 10, 2012
Guest ta mate wrote:
<quoted text>
the BEST old school remedy is BORIC ACID in a powder form. You can buy it at Fondren's Hardware. Sprinkle it out in the back of your cabinets. The roach walks through it and then the roach dies. And it lasts and lasts and lasts...
works great for ants also. You can buy it in a box by the detergents at Hays.
I KNOW

Piggott, AR

#7 Nov 10, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Demon- It is around $40 a pint but makes about 30 gallons per spray- it is sold @ Hardy Sales on Division St.
No, "demon wp" costs too much. buy "cyper wp" (at about 1/2 the price), same ingredients. I bought it on amazon. I don't know if they sell it in Blytheville. Use the "roundup" sprayer that you can buy at wal-mart and/or lowes.
I KNOW

Piggott, AR

#8 Nov 10, 2012
1. Boric acid - but you have to be careful where you put it.

2. Cyper WP (generic form of demon wp)- for use inside and out. when it dries, animals and kids can walk on it, etc. Must have like a roundup 2 gallon sprayer though. WATCH the youtube video on how to use it; it works great if you follow the instructions. Kills all roaches, spiders, crickets, ants, etc. spray a little up in shed corners and it keeps wasps out. it works from 3 to 6 months, from my experience.
I KNOW

Piggott, AR

#9 Nov 10, 2012
PLUS .... use 2 to 3 scoops per gallon, not 1 scoop as per directions (with the Cyper wp).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 15 min --Bad Dad-- 40,026
City approves $41,675 Expedition for Mayor 40 min SHAMELESS JAMES S... 12
Beer Garden? Downtown Hood? Outside/Public? 1 hr dry 19
humane society 1 hr disgusted 30
Who is single 1 hr Tazmania 13
Dont delete my sh!t Tina Martinez 1 hr CRIMEFAMILYENT 8
Wife is a former stripper 3 hr turbodawg 14
Amazon coming to Blytheville 5 hr Crow T Robot 26

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web