First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oldwiseone

United States

#1 Jul 24, 2008
Hey dose anyone know when Perkins will be ready to open?
There really no place to go for a good breakfast
in this town besides the burger joints
I thought they were going to open a waffle house out of the old skinnys,what happend to that Idea?

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Jul 24, 2008
Oh yeah a Waffle House would be great out there. I wonder why there aren't any Waffle Houses around here??
missaeb-not at home

Covington, TN

#3 Jul 24, 2008
I thought it was going to be a Denny's? haha...typical there are a million rumors floating around!

Blytheville, AR

#4 Jul 24, 2008
True, even when Perkins was open, there are very few options for breakfast around here. It's either a fast food place, Perkins (when it opens again), or Sharecropper's. That isn't much to choose from. I really miss the breakfast buffet Shoneys had. An IHOP would be sooo great to have here too.
Chicken Gizzard

United States

#5 Jul 24, 2008
guest wrote:
True, even when Perkins was open, there are very few options for breakfast around here. It's either a fast food place, Perkins (when it opens again), or Sharecropper's. That isn't much to choose from. I really miss the breakfast buffet Shoneys had. An IHOP would be sooo great to have here too.
IHOP would be perfect! Sharecropper's breakfast is way overpriced for the portions that you get, so I just go to Hardee's for now

“Semper Fidelis”

Since: Oct 07

Blytheville, AR

#6 Jul 24, 2008
I also think that Perkins was a bit overpriced for the portions.
Chicken Gizzard wrote:
<quoted text>
IHOP would be perfect! Sharecropper's breakfast is way overpriced for the portions that you get, so I just go to Hardee's for now

United States

#7 Jul 25, 2008
The sign in front of the old Skinny's says Huddle House.

Blytheville, AR

#8 Jul 25, 2008
Rayzor wrote:
I also think that Perkins was a bit overpriced for the portions.
<quoted text>
Yes, I think so too.
missaeb-not at home

Covington, TN

#9 Jul 25, 2008
Yeah, I miss Shoney's in general. Dad would take my sister and me to breakfast there when Mom still worked at the hospital. I wish something good would move into the old Shoney's building.

Blytheville, AR

#10 Jul 25, 2008
missaeb-not at home wrote:
I wish something good would move into the old Shoney's building.
... and the old Bonanza building, and the old Mazzio's building, and the old Skinny's building, and the old KFC building by Wendy's. We could have a lot more eating places if all these empty buildings would get occupied. To be in the largest steel producing county in the western hemisphere, this surely is a ghost town.

Since: Nov 07

Blytheville, AR

#11 Jul 25, 2008
You're right, it would be nice to have something in ALL the old buildings. Shoney's just seems like it would be a prime location considering its proximity to the interstate.
Martha

Little Rock, AR

#12 Jul 25, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
... and the old Bonanza building, and the old Mazzio's building, and the old Skinny's building, and the old KFC building by Wendy's. We could have a lot more eating places if all these empty buildings would get occupied. To be in the largest steel producing county in the western hemisphere, this surely is a ghost town.
Both Mazzio and Bonanza buildings have been sold...haven't heard what is going in. There is renewed interest in the location because of the new McDonald's.

Blytheville, AR

#13 Jul 25, 2008
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Mazzio and Bonanza buildings have been sold...haven't heard what is going in. There is renewed interest in the location because of the new McDonald's.
Well if this is true, it is certainly great news. I hope something great will go in there and STAY!
Uh Oh

Little Rock, AR

#14 Jul 25, 2008
That's good to hear. The problem with these old building is that they are OLD and rundown. It might take more work to fix them than to tear them down and start over.
guest69

United States

#15 Jul 25, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN

“I`ll remember before I forget.”

Since: Jun 08

Cape G.

#16 Jul 25, 2008
I had thought about opening an arcade at the old Price Chopper building, plenty of games and many billard tables. Build a tower in the center for one certain game that I played at a mall in Grapevine Hills north of Arlington , TX. It was a 5 or 6 story tower with a cylinder in the middle that was a projection screen, you sat in this chairs like roller coaster seats and it took you to the top and dropped back down real quick. Then the game started, everytime you advance a level in the game you went up half a floor in the air.

Blytheville, AR

#17 Jul 25, 2008
Madhouse wrote:
I had thought about opening an arcade at the old Price Chopper building, plenty of games and many billard tables. Build a tower in the center for one certain game that I played at a mall in Grapevine Hills north of Arlington , TX. It was a 5 or 6 story tower with a cylinder in the middle that was a projection screen, you sat in this chairs like roller coaster seats and it took you to the top and dropped back down real quick. Then the game started, everytime you advance a level in the game you went up half a floor in the air.
Sounds really cool. I don't know for sure, but I have heard several people say that the owners of the building want a fortune for it and that is why it hasn't sold.

Paragould, AR

#18 Jul 25, 2008
i heard tell that it's old money that is controlling blytheville and they won't let blytheville grow with new business.
Bly No More

Chandler, AZ

#19 Jul 25, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds really cool. I don't know for sure, but I have heard several people say that the owners of the building want a fortune for it and that is why it hasn't sold.
That would be great, to get something in that big old building. There are places that I'm sure you've heard of, such as Block Party and Dave and Busters, that have that kind of entertainment and food and drink. They're mostly family friendly -- although D & B can get a little rowdy with the older crowd.

For the other old buildings, it would be nice to see some kind of chain like Applebees, Chilis, Bennigans, etc., for Blytheville. There is a complete lack of anything like that there.

I'm no market analyst, so I don't know if they've been looked into and discarded, but it would be a nice alternative. Especially considering the lack of competition in that area.

And, as someone mentioned, easy interstate access for the travellers -- nice spot for people who don't want to stop in Memphis for lunch / dinner or hotel, and what's the next decent sized town on 55?

I'm sure these ideas have been tossed around before, but I'm curious to know what is keeping a decent mid-level chain from putting something in there.

Take care.

Blytheville, AR

#20 Jul 25, 2008
Bly No More wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure these ideas have been tossed around before, but I'm curious to know what is keeping a decent mid-level chain from putting something in there.
I would love to know that also. Like you said, especially since there's currently no competition with that sort of restaurant, I think it would do very well. Don't forget, people would likely come from Manila, Steele, Osceola, etc. to eat someplace like that since it's not too far for them to drive.

The only reason I can think of for something like that NOT locating here could possibly be lack of good help. I have always heard that's a big issue here. No one willing to work and actually be nice and friendly to patrons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blytheville, B-52 Emergency Landing 26 min Miserable Cowards 5
Crow T robot look at this 28 min guest 8
Fire Department 1 hr Naysayer 156
Blytheville Queen 2 hr Opinions count 20
Naysayer 2 hr Naysayer 38
Women you dream of? 2 hr Rodney Dangerfield 7
News U.S., housing director at odds over funding 2 hr its true 2

Blytheville Jobs

Personal Finance

Blytheville Mortgages