96 Impala SS for sale(dark cherry color)

96 Impala SS for sale(dark cherry color)

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

PLIII

United States

#1 Jul 17, 2012
I have a 96 Impala SS with the LT1 Corvette engine with the caprice package on it for sale. I've had it for over 2 years and it only had 34k miles when I got it and now it has 48k on it which is very low mileage for this car. Interior is in great shape. No real wear or cracks in the leather or dash, non smoker, garage kept, no cracks in any windshields or anything like that, and very clean on the inside. Everything is stock on the car other than the 40 series flowmasters I have on it. The only downside is the title is salvaged and I'm still in the process of finding out why it was salvaged to begin with because tri state where I got the car from never mentioned it had a salvaged title before I bought it. Even though the title is salvaged the car rides like a cadillac and drives as straight as an arrow and since I've owned it I've never had a problem with it at all so whoever fixed it did a hell of a job on it and it def isn't a lemon. Only thing it's been in the shop for is oil changes since I've had it. The front bumper needs to be repainted b/c the paint is cracking off on both the driver and passenger sides of the front bumper and whoever salvaged the car, the only shortcut I can see that this person took was not painting and priming the bumper like it should have been so this could have been avoided with the bumper if done right. If I never said it was salvaged nobody would even be able to tell it was. I know a salvaged title knocks the value down quite a bit so I'm only asking 9000 for it but the most I can let it go for is between 7000 to 7500 because the car runs great and smooth and looks good, and the only reason I'm wanting to sell it is because I want something smaller and there is a truck I'm looking to buy. I'm practically giving it away and only doing that b/c I know the salvaged title is going to turn alot of ppl off from it and I'll never get what it's worth and I'm already taking a huge loss on it even if I can get 9g for it. Most of you prolly have seen me driving it as I think I'm the only white guy in blytheville that drives/owns one lol. If interested in it send me an email at [email protected] and we can talk more privately about it there and I can send pics upon request and can go from there. Thanks and sorry for such the long post.
PLIII

United States

#2 Jul 17, 2012
Also I live in Blytheville so anyone wanting to see the car in person is more than welcome to come and see it and try it out so if interested the details can be discussed through email
4sale

United States

#3 Jul 17, 2012
Why does it have a salvaged title. Is there frame damage?
PLIII

Moscow, TN

#4 Jul 18, 2012
4sale wrote:
Why does it have a salvaged title. Is there frame damage?
I'm still in the process of trying to find out why it's salvaged but Tri State isn't exactly working with me here and keep beating around the bush. When I bought it at Tri State there wasn't any frame/paint damage at all to the car that I could tell and I checked it over more than once and since the car drives so straight and smooth, if it does have frame damage they did a good job salvaging it. The damage to the bumper happened after I bought it and the paint started chipping off more and more especially after I would run it through the wash and with all this heat it's not helping either and now the front bumper def needs to be repainted so I figure they slapped an impala bumper on there and matched the paint as close as possible and put one coat on it and let it be b/c paint should not be doing that and its only the bumper and parts of the hood where paint is chipping off. The rest of the paint on the car is damn near perfect so I figure the salvage has something to do with the front end being hit b/c like I said the paint is mainly coming off the front bumper and the front part of the hood. I'm still not done with Tri State b/c they sold me that car without ever telling me it had a salvaged title which is just shady as hell.

Blytheville, AR

#5 Jul 18, 2012
I'll give you $5.00 for it as is> Call me now.
Captain Ridiculous

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jul 18, 2012
PLIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still in the process of trying to find out why it's salvaged but Tri State isn't exactly working with me here and keep beating around the bush. When I bought it at Tri State there wasn't any frame/paint damage at all to the car that I could tell and I checked it over more than once and since the car drives so straight and smooth, if it does have frame damage they did a good job salvaging it. The damage to the bumper happened after I bought it and the paint started chipping off more and more especially after I would run it through the wash and with all this heat it's not helping either and now the front bumper def needs to be repainted so I figure they slapped an impala bumper on there and matched the paint as close as possible and put one coat on it and let it be b/c paint should not be doing that and its only the bumper and parts of the hood where paint is chipping off. The rest of the paint on the car is damn near perfect so I figure the salvage has something to do with the front end being hit b/c like I said the paint is mainly coming off the front bumper and the front part of the hood. I'm still not done with Tri State b/c they sold me that car without ever telling me it had a salvaged title which is just shady as hell.
I looked at that car and so did a friend of mine, we were told that it had a salvage title, I can't remember what was the issue, couldn't have been much or I wouldn't have gone to look at it, with a salvage title. I can't believe that you want people to believe that you weren't told, if you didn't sign the papers acknowledging that it was a damaged vehicle, you have a really good case against them. Robert drove the car and told everyone about the title. I have done business with them for over twenty years and never had a problem with them, but like I said, if you didn't sign the papers, you have a really good case. I find it hard to believe that you didn't notice that the title you took to the revenue office had " damage " or " salvage " stamped all over it.
PLIII

United States

#7 Jul 18, 2012
Captain Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked at that car and so did a friend of mine, we were told that it had a salvage title, I can't remember what was the issue, couldn't have been much or I wouldn't have gone to look at it, with a salvage title. I can't believe that you want people to believe that you weren't told, if you didn't sign the papers acknowledging that it was a damaged vehicle, you have a really good case against them. Robert drove the car and told everyone about the title. I have done business with them for over twenty years and never had a problem with them, but like I said, if you didn't sign the papers, you have a really good case. I find it hard to believe that you didn't notice that the title you took to the revenue office had " damage " or " salvage " stamped all over it.
I have two witnesses that were with me that never heard the title was salvaged either and if I signed any papers I sure didn't read salvage anywhere on them. I'm no car expert but I'm not an idiot either and if I would had seen salvaged on any papers or was told it was salvaged I woulda inquired on how bad the salvage was. I didn't know the title had salvaged stamped all over it until Tri State called me and said the title was in from Little Rock and for me to come pick it up. The title didn't come in to Tri State for weeks according to them and idk if it that's normal for a title to take that long to come in from Little Rock or not b/c when I've always dealt with vehicles I've gotten the title the day I got the car. I don't know Robert personally and he wasn't even the person we dealt with the day we got the car and if he was there I sure never saw him. I know the salvage can't be too bad b/c I've heard good things about Robert and I know he wouldn't screw anyone over nor would he personally drive a car that would have too bad of a salvage. You seem to know Robert, do you know if he actually fixed the car or did he get it already salvaged as well? I'm not mad about the salvaged title, I just hate it kills the value so much when trying to re sale it b/c it really is a great running car so I figure the damage can't be too bad like you said.

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2012
I also looked at the car when Tri-State had it.They wanted 15,000 for it and I know that the whole right side had been re-worked.I could tell that it wasn`t a very good body job.I don`t think the salvage title hurts it as much as the shoddy body work does.You can always run a car-fax and sometimes it will show the extent of damage and the money that was spent to repair it.Too late now and sorry you will take a huge loss on it.
PLIII

United States

#9 Jul 18, 2012
Captain Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw thanks for the post and the info that was in it. Nice to know you looked at it as well and was inquired about the salvage on it. I really hope the issue on it wasn't very bad like you said.
PLIII

United States

#10 Jul 18, 2012
Guest wrote:
I also looked at the car when Tri-State had it.They wanted 15,000 for it and I know that the whole right side had been re-worked.I could tell that it wasn`t a very good body job.I don`t think the salvage title hurts it as much as the shoddy body work does.You can always run a car-fax and sometimes it will show the extent of damage and the money that was spent to repair it.Too late now and sorry you will take a huge loss on it.
Thanks! I appreciate the info. I plan on running a car fax on it but I just hope it's worth the money. The first person that owned it has everything documented in the manual up until the warranty ran out. Yea I know the loss just sickens me I'm gonna have to take on it. You prolly know alot more about body work than me but when I checked it out I literally couldnt find anything wrong with the paint or didn't see any "shoddy" bodywork. Not saying it wasn't there tho...
4sale

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2012
Well my dads neighbor works at tri-state. Good dude but shady car lot. I will ask him if he knows anything about a 1996 impala that was sold. Just tell me when you purchased it and I will try to find out. The 96 impala as is one of my favorite cars and if it didn't have a salvaged title I would seriously think about looking at it
4sale

United States

#12 Jul 18, 2012
ss**
PLIII

United States

#13 Jul 19, 2012
4sale wrote:
Well my dads neighbor works at tri-state. Good dude but shady car lot. I will ask him if he knows anything about a 1996 impala that was sold. Just tell me when you purchased it and I will try to find out. The 96 impala as is one of my favorite cars and if it didn't have a salvaged title I would seriously think about looking at it
Thanks for the info. Yea Tri State isn't the best place to buy a car b/c i know several ppl that's gotten burned by them. My dad knows danny panky really well and that's who we mainly dealt with and he's suppose to get back with us on it but hasn't yet. I bought the car at the end of May to around the first week of June(don't know the exact date off the top of my head) back in 2010. If you can find out something let me know and if you want to get in touch with me about anything you find out that you don't want public email me at [email protected]

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Jul 19, 2012
PLIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info. Yea Tri State isn't the best place to buy a car b/c i know several ppl that's gotten burned by them. My dad knows danny panky really well and that's who we mainly dealt with and he's suppose to get back with us on it but hasn't yet. I bought the car at the end of May to around the first week of June(don't know the exact date off the top of my head) back in 2010. If you can find out something let me know and if you want to get in touch with me about anything you find out that you don't want public email me at [email protected]
Call Harvey or Rhonds, to be honest I have only seen good intention by the dealership. There is going to be a bad car occassionaly, but I have never known them to not stand behind a retail sale. They have a folder with all your transactions on it and probably has the history of the car with it. Go by,vtalk to them.
4sale

Trumann, AR

#15 Jul 20, 2012
Im going to my dads tomorrow and if I see his neighbor I will ask him for you and if I find anything I will email you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crime in Blytheville (Sep '11) 1 hr No doubt 83
News Lawyers' delegates to vote on ballot issue 1 hr No doubt 6
Missing Boston terrier 1 hr Lisa 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Ken 37,337
Higher taxes Wasted,Close T. Golf Course 1 hr guest 17
Blytheville played for a fool 2 hr Rayray 5
loren kinkead 3 hr Guest 22

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance