chickasaw

Blytheville, AR

#22 Jul 22, 2008
ritternet goes out if the wind blows your hair..lol

United States

#23 Jul 22, 2008
i have wildblue and love it. call mrs. pat o'neal at mississippi county electric coop. it will cost either $150.00 or $199.00 to get started up. the packages are $49,$69,or $79.

“someday soon!!”

Since: Nov 07

United States

#24 Jul 22, 2008
had it 4 a month so far so good not as good as I wished but lot better than dial up and same money

United States

#25 Jul 22, 2008
i have wild blue it cost $211.00 to get it installed. so far i haven't had any problems with it.
cable

United States

#26 Jul 22, 2008
it all sucks

United States

#27 Jul 23, 2008
Ritter is offering cable internet packages. Just installed new Fiber optic lines for it...
blytheville citizen

Jonesboro, AR

#28 Jul 23, 2008
I have Black Sheep out of Jonesboro and I love it. There are problems every once in awhile, but its much better than dial-up, so I'm not complaining. The link is www.bscn.com . Its great for XBOX Live where Wild Blue isn't, if you're interested in the internet for that. Good Luck!
chickasaw

Blytheville, AR

#29 Jul 23, 2008
Guest wrote:
Ritter is offering cable internet packages. Just installed new Fiber optic lines for it...
if you live in a small town they suck,goes out bout twice a week for no reason for hours at a time!!!!!!!
trybscn

Harrisburg, AR

#30 Jul 24, 2008
blytheville citizen wrote:
I have Black Sheep out of Jonesboro and I love it. There are problems every once in awhile, but its much better than dial-up, so I'm not complaining. The link is www.bscn.com . Its great for XBOX Live where Wild Blue isn't, if you're interested in the internet for that. Good Luck!
I have bscn, 39.00 a month, 99.00 install. It works great! We did have a problem with tree limbs blocking our signal but a tech came out and worked in the blistering heat to get it going again.
lilpep

Morrilton, AR

#31 Jul 25, 2008
dAmAgEd Go0o0ods wrote:
black sheep out of jonesboro is good if you cant get DSL or cable. They are way better than wildblue or mo ark
your crazy they put adam 11ft tripode on my house ugly as hell. steel could not get no service.there little box is sitting on the side of dell water tank.bottom line we have had all every one has to offer and wasp lived up to deal.

“pity trip 10 miles ahead”

Since: Oct 07

BLytheville

#32 Jul 25, 2008
lilpep wrote:
<quoted text> your crazy they put adam 11ft tripode on my house ugly as hell. steel could not get no service.there little box is sitting on the side of dell water tank.bottom line we have had all every one has to offer and wasp lived up to deal.
Like I said opinion..I have had black sheep and wild blue. I prefer the black sheep.
sam43

Cadet, MO

#33 Aug 24, 2008
Ihave had Wild Blue for just over a year. It stinks. I live in Wilson, AR. They don't tell you that if there are clouds or rain either here or at the gateway, Laredo, TX, you will not have a signal. Do not use them. You are locked into a 2 year contract. I am paying for my mistake. Next week, I am getting cable internet hooked up. I will be paying for both services until June 2009 thanks to the Wild Blue contract.

BLytheville

#34 Aug 24, 2008
sam43 wrote:
Ihave had Wild Blue for just over a year. It stinks. I live in Wilson, AR. They don't tell you that if there are clouds or rain either here or at the gateway, Laredo, TX, you will not have a signal. Do not use them. You are locked into a 2 year contract. I am paying for my mistake. Next week, I am getting cable internet hooked up. I will be paying for both services until June 2009 thanks to the Wild Blue contract.
At 60 a month it would be cheaper to buy out the contract. I think the buy out is 150.00
Wondering

United States

#35 Aug 24, 2008
I have an appointment to have Hughes installed this week. We can not get DSL where we live. Can anyone tell me if they are good or not? I did research all of them and heard the others were not worth anything? Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

“It is what it is”

Blytheville

#36 Aug 24, 2008
My contact with WildBlue says that the buy out is the amount of months left on the contract. My service is not that good, I can't even bring up AOL.
dAmAgEd Go0o0ods wrote:
<quoted text>
At 60 a month it would be cheaper to buy out the contract. I think the buy out is 150.00

“Free 2 B Me!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#37 Aug 24, 2008
Have had Wild Blue for two years. It is very slow! Faster than dial up, but not much faster.
blah

Enterprise, AL

#38 Aug 25, 2008
it is pretty fast, but if you play online games on the ps3 or xbox, you might not wanna get it. They limit your bandwith, or at least they did when I had it. It does not take long to go over when playing games. My dad used to have blacksheep, and he hated it. It was always losing connection and what-not. It may have improved since he had it though. Just try one and see how it works.

BLytheville

#39 Aug 25, 2008
Another thing about wildblue, Make sure you cancel your contract 2 weeks in advance BEOFRE they pull the payment. They will not refund any money for partial months.
James Myers

United States

#40 Sep 24, 2008
I suggest Wild Blue, I have had it for a while now and have noticed a recent trend of faster download and upload speeds. I live in rural TN and it was either this or dial-up...so I got the dish. Anyway the Pro package from WB (50gb+ a month download) is abount to be less that 65 a months and run at a consistent 1.35mbps. I have the value pacakge and have never went below 550kbps yet with 256kbps upload. Also with the Pro pacakge you can play Xbox live and PSlive due to the new No Latency project they are running. Wild Blue's goal is to get below 50 a month by December 2009 on their best pacakge with free installation and equip with a 24 month contract. Not only that but speeds are expected to be well over 2.5 mbps by summer 09'.

Iowa, LA

#41 Sep 24, 2008
As a condition of the sale of Bell South to AT&T, DSL can be had for $10.95 or less.

They may tell you it's not available, but if you insist, it is.

Google it and find the details.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
another director gone 3 min Ross 15
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 15 min BARNEYII 42,190
Dianna Casey 1 hr Ttuefact 4
News Authorities search for missing autistic teenager 2 hr SillyLilWilly 15
Blytheville DACA residents? 6 hr Enter username 43
12 yrs ago Donut Shop post 7 hr Enter username 8
Freaky old dude 7 hr Leeroy brown 6

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance