Blytheville bowling alley

Blytheville bowling alley

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Guest

Benton, AR

#1 Dec 13, 2008
One of the worst run places in town, will never go back.

“Elvis has left the building”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 13, 2008
It's been in the gutter since the 70's.
Mamma Mia

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Dec 14, 2008
Smart mouth b!t*hes, act as if they don't need any customers. When they have to close up because they run everyone off, they'll say it's because Blytheville people won't support a business.

When you're dealing with the public ladies, sometimes you have to show some kindness!!
guest

Jacksonville, AR

#4 Dec 14, 2008
Mamma Mia wrote:
Smart mouth b!t*hes, act as if they don't need any customers. When they have to close up because they run everyone off, they'll say it's because Blytheville people won't support a business.
When you're dealing with the public ladies, sometimes you have to show some kindness!!
What happened?

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#5 Dec 14, 2008
Guest wrote:
One of the worst run places in town, will never go back.
which bowling alley are you talking about?
Guest

Little Rock, AR

#6 Dec 14, 2008
When you have to deal with JERKS that spit on your door, you learn to be a bit**. If you don't like it, don't go back.
Coma

Alexander, AR

#7 Dec 14, 2008
Theres only one bowling alley here anymore, its on Broadway and Chickasawba.

The place will assuredly close down, because they dont want anyone to come. Have you seen the selection of games? A couple of pool tables, some garbage arcades that no self respecting gamer would touch, and a single ski ball machine?

I mean, the 10th St bowling alley stayed open because they had things to do there. It was fun. This bowling alley was made for old people and nothing else, they should feel fortunate that Blytheville has supported them thus far.
Coma

Alexander, AR

#8 Dec 14, 2008
Guest wrote:
When you have to deal with JERKS that spit on your door, you learn to be a bit**. If you don't like it, don't go back.
They knew how the people of Blytheville were before they opened the shop. If they didnt want to deal with the publics attitude, they shouldnt have gotten a job dealing with the public, should they?

“I love my morning coffee!”

Since: May 08

Blytheville

#9 Dec 14, 2008
isaysobeit wrote:
<quoted text>
which bowling alley are you talking about?
I thought Shamrock on 10th had been closed a while and that a new one opened where Littrell Ford used to be. I guess I'm confused (which wouldn't be the first time).

If the new one isn't good, I'm sorry to hear that. Some people had said they'd gone to b'day parties there that were fun.

“I love my morning coffee!”

Since: May 08

Blytheville

#10 Dec 14, 2008
okay, I guess I was writing while Coma was posting. So the Shamrock on 10th is closed. I haven't been to the new one.

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#11 Dec 14, 2008
I did not know the one on the airbase closed but someone posted that the bowling alley been in the gutter since the 70's. That is why I asked about which bowling alley.

I am not sure if blytheville can support a real bowling alley anymore. One of the problems the one on 10th street had was it was too small for most tournments and the owner did not want to keep it up to par for leagues.

Then several active league bowlers and one who worked there can now be found on the state sex crimes page. It was not the greatest place for kids - I am not saying their crimes involved kids there - I dont know but they are registered with the state.

IMO, the city spent money for a golf course thats not going as planned. Maybe if they would have taken that money, they could have built a large bowling alley close to the interstate that would support major state and other tournaments. Its leagues and tournaments bring in the cash, not small alleys relying on video games.

Guest

Little Rock, AR

#12 Dec 14, 2008
They have about 15 arcade games and 3 pool tables. They have parties almost every weekend, so they must not be that bad. You have idiots anywhere you go. Seems like a good place to take the kids. At least children enjoy it. If you go in there acting like an idiot, you will get treated like one.

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#13 Dec 14, 2008
as long as they dont do what the jonesboro bowling center started doing, now you have to pay to enter the building on some nites.

I used to go there for a burger and watch others bowl but not anymore.
Mizz B

United States

#14 Dec 14, 2008
i like the bowling alley.....me and my friends go all the time...they are nice to us
guest

Jacksonville, AR

#15 Dec 14, 2008
Isaysobeit wrote:

"IMO, the city spent money for a golf course thats not going as planned. Maybe if they would have taken that money, they could have built a large bowling alley close to the interstate that would support major state and other tournaments. Its leagues and tournaments bring in the cash, not small alleys relying on video games".

IMO that is a stupid suggestion
guest

United States

#16 Dec 14, 2008
guest wrote:
Isaysobeit wrote:
"IMO, the city spent money for a golf course thats not going as planned. Maybe if they would have taken that money, they could have built a large bowling alley close to the interstate that would support major state and other tournaments. Its leagues and tournaments bring in the cash, not small alleys relying on video games".
IMO that is a stupid suggestion
which one is stupid? both are stupid. the one the city did, and the one that was suggested.
robin

Portageville, MO

#17 Dec 14, 2008
the bowling alley on base is great.the owners are very loving people ..it is a very family oriented place.ALL STARS LANES IS GREAT!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 08

none ya

#18 Dec 14, 2008
guest wrote:
Isaysobeit wrote:
"IMO, the city spent money for a golf course thats not going as planned. Maybe if they would have taken that money, they could have built a large bowling alley close to the interstate that would support major state and other tournaments. Its leagues and tournaments bring in the cash, not small alleys relying on video games".
IMO that is a stupid suggestion
why?

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#19 Dec 15, 2008
the cat lady wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
why what???

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#20 Dec 15, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
which one is stupid? both are stupid. the one the city did, and the one that was suggested.
Most likely you are right but I was just thinking that blytheville should do something that includes everyone, not just the rich. Bowling brings in a lot of money if the owners would stand behind it and the right type of lanes are built.

I have seen lanes in another town thats part of a sports/entertainment complex. Its big enough to hold tournaments and such. The owners are making a killing and the town is about 5k smaller than blytheville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 min Alexis 36,042
lock down at primary 1 hr crazy 1
Shaila allmon 1 hr guest 2
Anytime Fitness (Oct '16) 1 hr old friend 7
"Blytheville is not a dying city" 1 hr Blythe-Villian 123
who is the best and worst english comp teachers... (Jun '13) 1 hr Dog 11
Brunette at ANC Crisp Center 1 hr Curious 1

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blytheville Mortgages