First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Trumann, AR

#1 Feb 15, 2013
I can't even get hold of someone on the phone to get it taken out of my house. It does what it wants to do, it changes channels on its own, it records whatever it wants. I've changed batteries in the remote and wiped off the box. Does this happen to anyone else?
abc

Marion, AR

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Someone around your house has directv with the same remote address. Change your remote address and it will stop.

Trumann, AR

#3 Feb 15, 2013
seriously? that can happen?

Memphis, TN

#4 Feb 15, 2013
guest wrote:
lets see. Well yes!!! People can also program the freaking garage door opener to open and close yours if you have one. Call directv and they'll help you fix it.

Memphis, TN

#5 Feb 15, 2013
guest wrote:
Not trying to be a smartass but think about it that is some funny shit. Damn I wish I could do that to my neighbors. Whilt they were watching lifetime late at night I'd be switching their ass to skinamax! Seriously I hope you get it fixed.
Larry the Guy

Caraway, AR

#6 Feb 15, 2013
guest wrote:
The remote control usually wont work if it isn't pointed toward the receiver, or has an obstruction between the two. A garage door opener is a different radio signal that can penetrate the door or the car it's in. If you can't get through to the company by phone, try the internet.
abc

United States

#7 Feb 15, 2013
My did same thing. I have radio frequency remotes. I just changed the remote code and everything is fine now.

Memphis, TN

#8 Feb 15, 2013
Larry the Guy wrote:
<quoted text>The remote control usually wont work if it isn't pointed toward the receiver, or has an obstruction between the two. A garage door opener is a different radio signal that can penetrate the door or the car it's in. If you can't get through to the company by phone, try the internet.
Tou do know they have to different remotes right? RF and IF. The IF has to be pointed at the receiver. The RF will work thru the walls.
well

Lake City, AR

#9 Feb 17, 2013
guest wrote:
I can't even get hold of someone on the phone to get it taken out of my house. It does what it wants to do, it changes channels on its own, it records whatever it wants. I've changed batteries in the remote and wiped off the box. Does this happen to anyone else?
?
Veteran

Benton, AR

#10 Feb 18, 2013
You need to keep DirectTV because it beats the pants off of Ritter's sorry channel line up. I wouldn't take Ritter if it was free! My neighbor said Ritter's internet is sorry too.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#11 Feb 18, 2013
Veteran wrote:
You need to keep DirectTV because it beats the pants off of Ritter's sorry channel line up. I wouldn't take Ritter if it was free! My neighbor said Ritter's internet is sorry too.
nothing wrong with ritter internet but I will not have ritter cabletv. Anything I want to watch is online. why pay extra for cabletv and directv.

my current internet speed is

download 28.83 Mbps
upload 2.06 Mbps

from speedtest.net
lilpep

Flippin, AR

#12 Feb 18, 2013
you can use your ipone to control things in your house just program it
Expensive

Memphis, TN

#13 Feb 18, 2013
Veteran wrote:
thanks

Blytheville, AR

#14 Feb 18, 2013
Veteran wrote:
Ritter's is not only a lousy channel line up it is ridiculously expensive. Why would I want to pay more and more for additional channels when they can't fix the ones they have. Prime example is Little Rock Channel...."Jeopardy " is nearly impossible to watch... constanly losing the signal. Have called and complained again, again and again...nothing changes!
guest173

United States

#15 Feb 18, 2013
Larry the Guy wrote:
<quoted text>The remote control usually wont work if it isn't pointed toward the receiver, or has an obstruction between the two. A garage door opener is a different radio signal that can penetrate the door or the car it's in. If you can't get through to the company by phone, try the internet.
I used to think that too. Then one evening I was up stairs and pointed the remote toward the door. No reciever upstairs mind you, but I was able to change channels. Until then I never realized I could do that either.
ritter

Lake City, AR

#16 Feb 19, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Ritter's is not only a lousy channel line up it is ridiculously expensive. Why would I want to pay more and more for additional channels when they can't fix the ones they have. Prime example is Little Rock Channel...."Jeopardy " is nearly impossible to watch... constanly losing the signal. Have called and complained again, again and again...nothing changes!
hmmmmm
rap bro

Manila, AR

#17 Feb 19, 2013
ritter wrote:
<quoted text>hmmmmm
dont just give the computer a hummer. fit the d^m cable!
madashell

Harrison, AR

#18 Feb 19, 2013
guest wrote:
I am glad some one else is having this problem , I was ready to throw that thing away thought I had ghost,,lol
Guest 2

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Feb 19, 2013
I'm about to discontinue ritter. Their prices are to high and the movies are so old that some are silent or the are in a foreign language.(seriously do you think they have cable service in Italy or Japan?)
I also get a lot of "no signal"
I can actually cahnge the tv to antenna(spelling) and pick up a lot of programs FREE, but not some of the news channels or so called movie channels.
unhappy subscriber

Little Rock, AR

#20 Feb 19, 2013
Dish also has a lot of problems, they run their ads to get folks to subscribe at a low rate, but almost immediately start raising their prices while still giving unsatisfactory service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man arrested after driving into business 18 min Guest 3
Suzanne McDowell 57 min My2cents 23
Dirt needed 2 hr guest 12
Kimberly's and ringworm 4 hr whatever 13
courthouse vote on hold 4 hr guest 14
Split the county . 6 hr geeman 10
how much money do welfare mothers get per child (Jan '11) 11 hr Sandra3718 1,330

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blytheville Mortgages