Help me get rid of these ROACHES

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bobby

Springfield, MO

#1 Dec 27, 2007
Whats the best roach killer you can buy? ive got them every where. I have found them in my bed on my kitchen table and in my couch even in my drinking glasses.

“It is what it is”

Since: Oct 07

Blytheville

#2 Dec 27, 2007
If you have them that bad....nothing you buy over the counter will help....call an exterminator immediately!!
Bobby wrote:
Whats the best roach killer you can buy? ive got them every where. I have found them in my bed on my kitchen table and in my couch even in my drinking glasses.
Uppity Up

Huntersville, NC

#3 Dec 27, 2007
Gas and a match !!!
Glory

Little Rock, AR

#4 Dec 27, 2007
Roaches & ants hate vinegar. Wash the cabinet inside & on counter top, leave vinegar to dry & see if that helps. Be sure to wash ALL dishes, glasses, flatware after bombing. You can go to tracker supply & get roach bombs. Be sure to leave drawers, closet doors, & kitchen drawers open. Strip bed & wash sheets & pillow cases in HOT water & leave them off bed until bomb is finished. Roaches come from gro. stores in onion & potato bags, & from empty houses or apartments when all the food is gone that they had been eating. They then migrate to a new food supply. Be sure to take pets out of your dwelling while bomb is working & be sure to read directions on outside of bomb. Good luck.
Bobby wrote:
not me

Barnesville, OH

#5 Dec 27, 2007
Bobby wrote:
clean your place very well...use bleach where it can be used....put all your food in a tote or in the frig.....never leave dirty dishes around, keep your trash taken out every night....put out those sticky pads (used for catching mice) clean your counter tops with bleach or something that has bleach in it every night before going to bed...it may take a few weeks but it should work enough that it knocks them out or knock them down enough for spray to work......i lived in an apartment and the neighbors had them which made all the rest of us have them and its very hard to get rid of them if this is your case

“生命是死亡”

Since: Jul 07

Little Rock, AR

#6 Dec 27, 2007
Much like other insects around here, roaches are becoming a major problem because of the mild winters we've had. I have looked down and seen them crawl over my shoe in the backyard and the field across the road. I get the house killed off and then in a couple of months they are back again.

They love to come into the house via the water lines and drains, so make sure you don't have gaps that will allow them in that way - Use the expanding foam spray you can get at any hardware store or Wal-Mart. Also use a good granular poison around and under the house.

I use a professional residual chemical, along with bait traps and direct kill spray to kill them. I use "MaxForce FC" for a bait gel, "Bifen IT"/Talstar (or something similiar) for a residual spray, and various direct contact sprays. These will also help with spiders and other insect problems. Just watch them if you have pets that can get into it.

If you don't feel comfortable handling the chemicals (and you do need to use precautions), then please call a licensed exterminator - catching samples of the bugs will also him them identify which chemicals they need to use.
deltadawg

Enid, OK

#7 Dec 27, 2007
is combat any good if you catch them early?
A Guest

Little Rock, AR

#8 Dec 27, 2007
Bengal Spray. Works better than anything I have ever tried. Just sray it around all the baseboards and places you think need spraying. You will find dead bugs for weeks after spraying. It is great.

Monette, AR

#9 Dec 27, 2007
A Guest wrote:
Bengal Spray. Works better than anything I have ever tried. Just sray it around all the baseboards and places you think need spraying. You will find dead bugs for weeks after spraying. It is great.
I agree with you on that one, Bengal Roach Spray is really good. I lived in an apartment years ago and they were awful.....when I did move they moved with me and after 6 months they were still there, I finally went to the hardware store and bought bengal spray and withing a couple of weeks they were all gone. But you need to spray really good, I sprayed under the cushions of my furniture everything. Also Boric acid helps, put it along the baseboards, be careful if you have children or pets....very poisonous.

Little Rock, AR

#10 Dec 27, 2007
move!!!!!!!!!!

“生命是死亡”

Little Rock, AR

#12 Dec 27, 2007
It is technically impossible to clean a residence, and keep it clean, enough to stop roaches. They will come into a house for warmth or a moist environment (water lines) and can live off of the oils in a human fingerprint for a month.

Unless you are the most anal-retentive, obsessive-compulsive individual on the planet and wear surgical gloves, you can get them. While keeping a clean house can reduce the amount of infestation, it will not totally prevent it.
meme wrote:
Clean your house?
BLUE

Little Rock, AR

#13 Dec 28, 2007
Stop being dirty
the man

Little Rock, AR

#14 Dec 28, 2007
Tell them to leave that should work or start takeing them to a friends house without them knowing.
bruce

Little Rock, AR

#15 Dec 28, 2007
Use a fly swater thats what i would do, but then again you may want to keep them to keep other bugs away.
SexyRed93

Memphis, TN

#16 Dec 28, 2007
Being dirty is not the only thing that causes bugs, come on BLUE. Bugs come from out side and when they get cold or hungry they go where there is food and warmth. They have survival skills like humans do. You need to get this powder for Fire Ants it comes in a cylinder can. It works miracles. I am a living witness. I don't know where you can get it in Blytheville, but you can get it in Memphis at Roy Good Hardware on Lamar it cost about $20. call them they will, they will verify the results. I promise you you will be satisfied it will kill your roaches with in hours.
blue

Little Rock, AR

#17 Dec 28, 2007
Sexy red who are you do you live in town you sound hot

“Minicoopergal here”

Cameron Mo

#18 Dec 28, 2007
boric acid and sugar. sprinkle the mixture behind the fridge, stove, behind the sinks, on the baseboards, make sure to keep kids and pets away from these areas.
But like someone stated, if you have them that bad the best thing to do is call a professional, and get rid of all the food in your house.
smokey

Little Rock, AR

#19 Dec 28, 2007
grind em up and smoke em in ur bong or give em to me and Ill do it for u
Darma

Little Rock, AR

#20 Dec 29, 2007
smokey wrote:
grind em up and smoke em in ur bong or give em to me and Ill do it for u
That's what I was thinking haha!
I found a bug in my old house long ago. I was sure it was a roach! I put it in a baggie and took it with me to paragould where my buddie's hubby was a bug man. I was going to ask him what it was.(it was big) Anyhow, right before that bridge by MR TS there was a road block. The cop was flashlighting in my car when he saw the baggie! LOL (true story)... when he asked me what was in the bag i sincerely said "a roach." He asked me to step out of the car, cuffed me, and then went for the baggie. He let the huge freezer style bag unroll to see a squirming bug. He rolled it back up, un-cuffed me, and told me to get out of Missouri! He couldn't contain his laughter the whole time. Funny part was.. I didn't get it? I didn't smoke pot and didn't understand. Thought taking bugs accross state line was a no no or something. When I got to my friends house I had a good laugh when they clued me in! DUHHHH! PS... it was a water bug? Looked like a damn roach to me!
Journey

Benton, AR

#21 Dec 29, 2007
Darma wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was thinking haha!
I found a bug in my old house long ago. I was sure it was a roach! I put it in a baggie and took it with me to paragould where my buddie's hubby was a bug man. I was going to ask him what it was.(it was big) Anyhow, right before that bridge by MR TS there was a road block. The cop was flashlighting in my car when he saw the baggie! LOL (true story)... when he asked me what was in the bag i sincerely said "a roach." He asked me to step out of the car, cuffed me, and then went for the baggie. He let the huge freezer style bag unroll to see a squirming bug. He rolled it back up, un-cuffed me, and told me to get out of Missouri! He couldn't contain his laughter the whole time. Funny part was.. I didn't get it? I didn't smoke pot and didn't understand. Thought taking bugs accross state line was a no no or something. When I got to my friends house I had a good laugh when they clued me in! DUHHHH! PS... it was a water bug? Looked like a damn roach to me!
LMAO!!!! You're funny Darma!Maybe I'll see ya at the Bistro tonight. I was there Thursday night!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Area Fried Catfish 20 min Guest 5
blytheville ranking 37 min giggles 5
no way abbott will win 2 hr Mike 11
Is Dena not at the shop by the Post Office anym... 2 hr guest 9
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr guestQuest 30,170
Blytheville police car sitting at house in Manila 2 hr guest 84
Do blacks not realize? (Aug '13) 2 hr lmao 43
interstate 55 and ice covered bridges 8 hr Betty 29
Party Down South 12 hr hoe train 8
Blytheville Dating