Teabilly republicans want to take you...

Teabilly republicans want to take your overtime pay

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Just one more way the Republicans are always taking from the working and giving to the rich.
In Eric Cantor's February 2013 speech, he said he wanted to propose Federal Law that would end overtime pay for hourly workers. Currently, the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA), signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, mandates that certain workers get paid "time + 1/2" for overtime work. Eric Cantor wants to eliminate that law. Because -- ya know -- workers not getting paid for overtime hours worked out so good for workers before FDR enacted that Law.

Eric Cantor's "end of overtime pay for workers" that he talked about in his February speech was overshadowed, in part, by the public whining Cantor did bitching that 'Obama gave his speech at the same time as me ... wah, wah, wah.'
You just can't make news like this up. But you won't see it on Fox.
no change

Little Rock, AR

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Half the country that represents the Democratic party, doesn't work anymore or are union workers and have over inflated contracts and don't care about the labor laws so what's the difference

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Buckwheat Rules wrote:
Just one more way the Republicans are always taking from the working and giving to the rich.
In Eric Cantor's February 2013 speech, he said he wanted to propose Federal Law that would end overtime pay for hourly workers. Currently, the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA), signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, mandates that certain workers get paid "time + 1/2" for overtime work. Eric Cantor wants to eliminate that law. Because -- ya know -- workers not getting paid for overtime hours worked out so good for workers before FDR enacted that Law.
Eric Cantor's "end of overtime pay for workers" that he talked about in his February speech was overshadowed, in part, by the public whining Cantor did bitching that 'Obama gave his speech at the same time as me ... wah, wah, wah.'
http://www.dailykos.com/story/ 2013/02/25/1189635/-Eric-Canto r-will-propose-Federal-Law-tha t-Ends-Overtime-Pay-for-hourly -workers
You completely plagiarized that from a DailyKos.com article that blatantly lies about what Cantor is proposing. Notice how there is deceitfully not one quote attributed to Cantor's speech in this "article." It doesn't END overtime pay, it merely gives a federal employee the option of taking comp time if they've already worked 40 hours instead of making them work the rest of their shift like many employers already do.

You are either too ignorant to realize this and sheepishly believe whatever the left wing shovels out to you or you are a deceitful perpetrator of that ignorance. Either way, you are what is wrong with this country today.

United States

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Buckwheat Rules wrote:
Actually, they did "make news like this up." It's what the left has to do because the truth destroys them. Also, not only wont you see it on FOX, you won't see it on CNN or MSNBC. Not even the liberal liar, Rachel Maddow, has used this yet. Give her time, when she's not cowardly editing republican clips to fit her agenda, she'll come across this when she's board.
lilpep

Flippin, AR

#5 Feb 27, 2013
whats the matter BOY they going to take your foodnappers from you
local

United States

#6 Feb 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, they did "make news like this up." It's what the left has to do because the truth destroys them. Also, not only wont you see it on FOX, you won't see it on CNN or MSNBC. Not even the liberal liar, Rachel Maddow, has used this yet. Give her time, when she's not cowardly editing republican clips to fit her agenda, she'll come across this when she's board.
48% of the country do not work anyways the democrats are loving this world full of lazy sheep

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8 Feb 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/25/1189...
You completely plagiarized that from a DailyKos.com article that blatantly lies about what Cantor is proposing. Notice how there is deceitfully not one quote attributed to Cantor's speech in this "article." It doesn't END overtime pay, it merely gives a federal employee the option of taking comp time if they've already worked 40 hours instead of making them work the rest of their shift like many employers already do.

You are either too ignorant to realize this and sheepishly believe whatever the left wing shovels out to you or you are a deceitful perpetrator of that ignorance. Either way, you are what is wrong with this country today.
Haha. Actually I was giving a perfect example of the way Fox News "displays " their content to their viewers. They present a misleading headline and give a reporters opinion long before they get to the facts.
This is the exact reason Republicans who watch Fox never have a clue on the facts.
It actually gives the employer the option of giving workers comp time off instead of overtime. A republican would never sponsor a bill that left the choice up to the worker. It will be the employers option.
Old man Bville

Manila, AR

#9 Feb 27, 2013
local wrote:
<quoted text>
48% of the country do not work anyways the democrats are loving this world full of lazy sheep
I work my 40 hours per week for over 40 years. So now I'm a lazy sheep? I guess the democrats like me 'anyways'.
Enjoy it

Little Rock, AR

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Old man Bville wrote:
<quoted text>I work my 40 hours per week for over 40 years. So now I'm a lazy sheep? I guess the democrats like me 'anyways'.
Yep you're a dying breed being led to slaughter
Bubba Leroy Artifus Jones

Jefferson City, MO

#11 Feb 27, 2013
Does this surprise you? Republicans always have worked against the working man.
Guest1

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Feb 28, 2013
How many people have you worked for that had no money or goods to pay you?
People with integrity and pride work for a living and for the needs they have.
If a business does not make money they can not hire and pay more workers.
If I do not have a job that pays me, I am unable to even hire someone to mow my yard or do the things I am unable to do.
There should be NO career politcians.
There should be term limits.
It could curb much of the good old boy "favor" corruptions.
Crow T Robot

United States

#13 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text> Notice how there is deceitfully not one quote attributed to Cantor's speech in this "article." It doesn't END overtime pay, it merely gives a federal employee the option of taking comp time if they've already worked 40 hours instead of making them work the rest of their shift like many employers already do.
Interesting how often liberals are against giving citizens a choice, unless it's to kill a baby.

United States

#14 Feb 28, 2013
Buckwheat Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. Actually I was giving a perfect example of the way Fox News "displays " their content to their viewers. They present a misleading headline and give a reporters opinion long before they get to the facts.
This is the exact reason Republicans who watch Fox never have a clue on the facts.
It actually gives the employer the option of giving workers comp time off instead of overtime. A republican would never sponsor a bill that left the choice up to the worker. It will be the employers option.
Thanks for proving my point.
Nobody Rules

Little Rock, AR

#15 Mar 1, 2013
Buckwheat Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO another brainwashed Dumocrap.

United States

#16 Mar 1, 2013
Crow T Robot wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how often liberals are against giving citizens a choice, unless it's to kill a baby.
Or giving them a choice on how and where to educate your children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is "Thug" a code name for the N word? 14 min Bob 37
mobile patrol mug shots 1 hr guest 4
Old Air Force Base 1 hr guest 24
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Mellissa 36,108
looking for Amanda lanier 9 hr Stay in jail 27
The EMT 12 hr guest 14
News Police identify shooting, robbery victim 14 hr turbodawg 10

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance