United States

#1 Nov 7, 2012
This school needs to be shutdown

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 7, 2012
Teacher wrote:
This school needs to be shutdown
What good would that do? I mean the kids would have to go to another school, sure, but that doesn't mean the students will straighten up.
Clear off Your Desk

United States

#3 Nov 7, 2012

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Clear off Your Desk wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =leohcvmf8kMXX
Love shack?
Seriously

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Nov 7, 2012
I can't imagine how awful it must be to try and teach a bunch of kids who haven't been disciplined at home. Go into wal mart and look at the fine parents with their sweet little angels and tell me how you would go about getting them to act like civilized human beings. There's not enough money in the world to get me to teach at any one of Blytheville's schools. I feel sorry for the poor souls who do.
ricky

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Seriously wrote:
I can't imagine how awful it must be to try and teach a bunch of kids who haven't been disciplined at home. Go into wal mart and look at the fine parents with their sweet little angels and tell me how you would go about getting them to act like civilized human beings. There's not enough money in the world to get me to teach at any one of Blytheville's schools. I feel sorry for the poor souls who do.
well imagine teaching at a school that kids can do no wrong and if you try to correct them it will be hell to pay. i have never seen so much bad parenting in my life from people that you know know better. being a teacher today in all schools white or black is a challenge at best. i taught at blytheville for a few years and had little to no problem but where i am now i wish at times i could be back there. Maybe it was the grade i was teaching, who knows. if parents would do their job and perpare these kids for school an not the play ground, facebook, etc. then teachers could get bust teaching and not babysitting.
Seriously

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Nov 8, 2012
ricky wrote:
<quoted text>well imagine teaching at a school that kids can do no wrong and if you try to correct them it will be hell to pay. i have never seen so much bad parenting in my life from people that you know know better. being a teacher today in all schools white or black is a challenge at best. i taught at blytheville for a few years and had little to no problem but where i am now i wish at times i could be back there. Maybe it was the grade i was teaching, who knows. if parents would do their job and perpare these kids for school an not the play ground, facebook, etc. then teachers could get bust teaching and not babysitting.
I agree wholeheartedly!!!!!!!!!
Sad

United States

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Difficult place to teach!

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Sad wrote:
Difficult place to teach!
Most schools are, Blytheville by no lock on it by any means

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Sorry, I really need to look at what I type before I send! Most Schools are (difficult place to teach) Blytheville by any means has a lock on it.
Oh give me a break

Monette, AR

#11 Nov 8, 2012
To the person who posted with the name "Teacher" if you dont like it then move or quit your job. I have been in the Primary School and will say that yes some of the kids are not the best but HEY we pay you to teach our children and you agree to it. I feel sorry for you and etc but if you dont like it then quit!! If my husband didnt like his job then he needs to find another one. I think on the whole most teachers love their job. But just like life some students are not being their best. I am sorry for that small group but quit complaining and change your job then. I have proud of what our teachers are doing at the Primary and will stand behind them 100% and I make sure I tell them how good they are too.

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Nov 8, 2012
Oh give me a break wrote:
To the person who posted with the name "Teacher" if you dont like it then move or quit your job. I have been in the Primary School and will say that yes some of the kids are not the best but HEY we pay you to teach our children and you agree to it. I feel sorry for you and etc but if you dont like it then quit!! If my husband didnt like his job then he needs to find another one. I think on the whole most teachers love their job. But just like life some students are not being their best. I am sorry for that small group but quit complaining and change your job then. I have proud of what our teachers are doing at the Primary and will stand behind them 100% and I make sure I tell them how good they are too.
THANK YOU!! Well said...

United States

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Oh give me a break wrote:
Love that good ole "if you dont like it then move or quit your job". But if they all took your advice who would raise your pieceofshyt offspring while you sit on yourass and collect a check?
Wake up

Manila, AR

#14 Nov 9, 2012
There are problems everywhere, not just here. It starts at home. I had to deal with what I call white trash. Yes, white trash!! They sit at home all day in their flannel pjs, play video games, and doing meth. They send their children to school filthy ( lice is a big problem), homework is not done, don't make sure they have their coat on a cold day. Why? Because they didn't get their butt out of bed to even check. What I am saying is you can't put all the blame on the black community. There are good parents and bad parents from every race. It is not the schools place to raise your children. The school is there to educate your children.

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Love that good ole "if you dont like it then move or quit your job". But if they all took your advice who would raise your pieceofshyt offspring while you sit on yourass and collect a check?
You know it was good advice! Instead of getting on her complaining why not work to try to make it better. Talk to your supervisors and come up with a plan to try to make it better. Bitching on here is not going to improve anything.......
ricky

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Wake up wrote:
There are problems everywhere, not just here. It starts at home. I had to deal with what I call white trash. Yes, white trash!! They sit at home all day in their flannel pjs, play video games, and doing meth. They send their children to school filthy ( lice is a big problem), homework is not done, don't make sure they have their coat on a cold day. Why? Because they didn't get their butt out of bed to even check. What I am saying is you can't put all the blame on the black community. There are good parents and bad parents from every race. It is not the schools place to raise your children. The school is there to educate your children.
thank you for clearing this up so many people equate trash to blacks only i can assure you thats blacks do not have a trophy on trash look at some of the folks in manila and gosnell and leachville and jonesboro and paragould they may not be black but they have alot of trash just like everywhere else.
Think about it

Little Rock, AR

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Trash is a condescending arrogant term. It is something we throw away. People, that some of you call trash, can change under the right circumstances.
Call it like it is

Manila, AR

#18 Nov 9, 2012
Think about it wrote:
Trash is a condescending arrogant term. It is something we throw away. People, that some of you call trash, can change under the right circumstances.
The truth just hurts. You have to want to change. I grew up poor, but my parents were parents. They made sure we went to school. If I didn't behave at school, there was consequences.. We didn't have name brand clothes, but they were clean. They made sure we did our homework and we had a bedtime. We didn't have a great house, but it was clean. There is no excuse for it. There are more programs and opportunities out there than there ever was for my parents or those who came before them. It is quite simple in this day and age, if you don't want to be a parent then don't!
just lil ol me

Benton, AR

#19 Nov 9, 2012
The people that were dismissed because of wrong doing DO NOT represent the majority of teaches in the Blytheville School District! My son graduated from Blytheville about 2 years ago, and the majority of his teachers were hard working, dedicated professionals. As a matter of fact, he had both teachers that were in the paper as teachers. Yes, he actually learned math in both classes. As far as what they taught, they were good teachers. These two people made judgement errors that cost them their jobs and cost the school a great deal of embarassment! I don't doubt the school board's decision to dismiss these two teachers because their actions were shameful! I don't think we should blame the entire school system for the actions of a few.
ricky

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Nov 9, 2012
just lil ol me wrote:
The people that were dismissed because of wrong doing DO NOT represent the majority of teaches in the Blytheville School District! My son graduated from Blytheville about 2 years ago, and the majority of his teachers were hard working, dedicated professionals. As a matter of fact, he had both teachers that were in the paper as teachers. Yes, he actually learned math in both classes. As far as what they taught, they were good teachers. These two people made judgement errors that cost them their jobs and cost the school a great deal of embarassment! I don't doubt the school board's decision to dismiss these two teachers because their actions were shameful! I don't think we should blame the entire school system for the actions of a few.
i agree i get so tired of people bashing Blytheville for things that go on in every school system but because so many people hate blacks they just can't waite to find something wrong and can say i told you so if you looked into the other schools in this county you will find a aray of issues from drugs to teenage sex parties coaches give beer to minors to all kinds of bad behavior but it seems to be over looked if the school is all white.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why has Blyethville gotten so bad? 3 hr Hey 61
Defacing Monuments 3 hr Hey 15
Gosnell School Traffic Chaos 4 hr Bus rider 22
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr Reality Check 38,739
New County Judge? No Election? 8 hr hmmm 11
Would there be ANY reason to go to Blytheville? 9 hr Crow T Robot 5
Brunette at ANC Crisp Center 12 hr Curious 5

Blytheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance