The 'N' word at Blytheville School Baord

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Relatively speaking

Blytheville, AR

#1 Mar 30, 2011
Nah, this isn't about race. The n word here is nepotism and once again the Blytheville School Board has invoked it. They thought we wouldn't notice when they hired Sandy Hughey's daughter Laura as a "struggling student interventist" just a year after they backed down from hiring her for another plum spot? I know there will be some happy students at the high school who will be most likely "struggling" to get into the program for a look at what she might show them. Really, the school board superintendent and board just don't give a rats arze about what their patrons think. Wonder how many applicants there were for that job? Just saying.
Guest

Fairfax, VA

#2 Mar 30, 2011
Relatively speaking wrote:
Nah, this isn't about race. The n word here is nepotism and once again the Blytheville School Board has invoked it. They thought we wouldn't notice when they hired Sandy Hughey's daughter Laura as a "struggling student interventist" just a year after they backed down from hiring her for another plum spot? I know there will be some happy students at the high school who will be most likely "struggling" to get into the program for a look at what she might show them. Really, the school board superintendent and board just don't give a rats arze about what their patrons think. Wonder how many applicants there were for that job? Just saying.
Did you apply for the job? If the answer is no then STFU and stop stirring the shi# cause that's what makes it stink! You people in Blytheville need to get a life and stay off Topix!
Byun Arms

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2011
Relatively speaking wrote:
Nah, this isn't about race. The n word here is nepotism and once again the Blytheville School Board has invoked it. They thought we wouldn't notice when they hired Sandy Hughey's daughter Laura as a "struggling student interventist" just a year after they backed down from hiring her for another plum spot? I know there will be some happy students at the high school who will be most likely "struggling" to get into the program for a look at what she might show them. Really, the school board superintendent and board just don't give a rats arze about what their patrons think. Wonder how many applicants there were for that job? Just saying.
I wanna apply for 'public information coordinator' that some schools have around here.
really

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2011
i thought they had to advertise and interview for every job. something stinks if that didn't happen.
smart

United States

#5 Mar 30, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you apply for the job? If the answer is no then STFU and stop stirring the shi# cause that's what makes it stink! You people in Blytheville need to get a life and stay off Topix!
how could you apply for it, it was made up. no where to apply, really stinks. Shi# needs to be stirred up, its not right what is going on. Need to get up petition and get rid of entire school board. if you don't want to read this, you stay off.
Thats right

Hot Springs Village, AR

#6 Mar 30, 2011
Nepotism is right. No regard for the public. Making up a job for the Asst. Super's daughter----was not posted for others to apply.

Using taxpayer's money and their position to do favors for relatives---giving high paying job's to family that others were not even allowed to apply for.

it may be time for a class action suit so every employee in the district can share some of the money.
guest

Lonoke, AR

#7 Mar 30, 2011
What about the fact that the Superintendent's slutty wife was hired as a school nurse over several more highly qualified candidates?
Guest II

Fairfax, VA

#9 Mar 30, 2011
guest wrote:
What about the fact that the Superintendent's slutty wife was hired as a school nurse over several more highly qualified candidates?
What about STOP complaining about on TOPIX and take your concerns to someone that can do something about it(minus the name calling). When was the last time you attend a school board meeting? Probably never....but you are on TOPIX everyday. Imagine that.
whatever

Hot Springs Village, AR

#10 Mar 30, 2011
Why should a citizen of this craphole town have to attend School Board Meetings to make sure they are doing the right thing? The very people who elected them to this position placed their trust in the board members to do what is right.

Once the deal has been done in private, what is the PUBLIC to do but complain and voice their opinion?

I see you are one of the people who are "above" all the little petty people that really don't matter. You can take your condescending attitude and ^%%&*^ yourself.
guest

Blytheville, AR

#11 Mar 30, 2011
Whenever there is a serious topic of concern, why is it that the so called "PROFESSIONAL" people respond in such negative and defensive way. The question still stands: Is the Blytheville Public School system practicing nepotism or not? It's a simple yes or no. If so, why??? Why don't the applicants go before the school board and they select the best qualified by vote. just a suggestion.
blyvillian

Blytheville, AR

#12 Mar 30, 2011
Nepotism: a word used by dodo birds trying to sound intelligent
guest

Blytheville, AR

#13 Mar 30, 2011
That job has been advertised on the website for over a month now.. not saying she should or should not have gotten the job it I know for sure it was advertised!!
skimp

Hot Springs Village, AR

#14 Mar 30, 2011
blyvillian wrote:
Nepotism: a word used by dodo birds trying to sound intelligent
Celibate: a word to describe your sexual relations
Fire Ant

Little Rock, AR

#15 Mar 30, 2011
whatever wrote:
Why should a citizen of this craphole town have to attend School Board Meetings to make sure they are doing the right thing?
To keep a close eye on the buggers, just like the previous city council committees. Their meetings often don't get FULLY REPORTED in the paper.
The very people who elected them to this position placed their trust in the board members to do what is right.
We also need to FOLLOW UP on them. Short leash for starts. Too many want to be political animals down the road.
teacher

United States

#16 Mar 30, 2011
guest wrote:
That job has been advertised on the website for over a month now.. not saying she should or should not have gotten the job it I know for sure it was advertised!!
The job they give Cook was advertised, like to know how many was interviewed.
If the job they made up for Hueys daughter was advertised, I didn't see it. I know of several experienced teachers that would have like to have applied for it. Wonder how much they are going to pay her. Making a job for her takes the cake. Hard to believe even the worst board in the world would let that happen.
I'm about to get tired of this place, nothing is done in a professional manner. Makes me want to go to work and do as little as possible.
teacher

United States

#17 Mar 30, 2011
blyvillian wrote:
Nepotism: a word used by dodo birds trying to sound intelligent
Nepotism is a word teachers don't like to hear because someone very qualified and hard working is going to get screwed. Can't tell me Hueys daughter is the best person they could have hired to work with the kids she is going to be working with. Would she have gotten it if she wasn't Hueys daughter, don't think so.
huh

Blytheville, AR

#18 Mar 30, 2011
The family connections at the school and on the board are too many to list.
Guest II

Fairfax, VA

#19 Mar 31, 2011
whatever wrote:
Why should a citizen of this craphole town have to attend School Board Meetings to make sure they are doing the right thing? The very people who elected them to this position placed their trust in the board members to do what is right.
Once the deal has been done in private, what is the PUBLIC to do but complain and voice their opinion?
I see you are one of the people who are "above" all the little petty people that really don't matter. You can take your condescending attitude and ^%%&*^ yourself.
Attend a School Board Meeting, bring it to their attention that YOU have an issue with their hiring practice or STFU! Nothing condescending about that. You TURDS in this craphole have no problem using TOPIX to bi*ch, moan, gripe or tear people down and that is about as far as you will go with it. Probably because you are to chickensh*t to speak to someone face to face about your issue. Have nice day.
Guest

Little Rock, AR

#20 Mar 31, 2011
Guest II wrote:
<quoted text>
Attend a School Board Meeting, bring it to their attention that YOU have an issue with their hiring practice or STFU! Nothing condescending about that. You TURDS in this craphole have no problem using TOPIX to bi*ch, moan, gripe or tear people down and that is about as far as you will go with it. Probably because you are to chickensh*t to speak to someone face to face about your issue. Have nice day.
You must be a friend or relative or beneficiary of the school board to be complaining against someone questioning a public matter. If you dont like public questioning, donot get into a public tax payer paid job and go fnd something private to do.
Guest II

Fairfax, VA

#21 Mar 31, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a friend or relative or beneficiary of the school board to be complaining against someone questioning a public matter. If you dont like public questioning, donot get into a public tax payer paid job and go fnd something private to do.
Sorry to say but you are wrong on all accounts. I'm not a relative, or a beneficiary and I don't have a public taxpayer paid job. I do however, work in the private sector. Imagine that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ice/snow wrecks 4 min wrecker 1
jeffery kibler 41 min lol 6
Dixie Pig 2015 1 hr yeah yeah extra 8
jessica stokes 1 hr kisses 14
The Last Post Wins 1 hr Alex Nicole 296
Bly HS Shelter Stories 1 hr Guest 1
Poisoning dogs in Birchwood Armorel 2 hr Guest 46
dirt cheap 4 hr Old man- Bville 17
Another Blytheville Shooting? 10 hr why 62
Ambulances and police in armorel curve (Oct '12) 22 hr guest 1,542

Winter Storm Warning for Mississippi County was issued at March 04 at 8:28PM CST

Blytheville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blytheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:11 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:11PM
Titans Release Bernard Pollard
NFL 4:12 PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard
NFL 6:04 AM
Bernard Pollard thinks Titans need winning attitude
NBC Sports 8:28 PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip