Memphis 9.25%, blyville 10.25% tax

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Grand Prairie, TX

#1 Dec 18, 2012
Went to Memphis today and spent $1700 on Christmas gifts and had a great time, drive was worth it as well with good company. I will not support the stupid 1 cent tax to cover the double dipping for the good ol boys, man u guys are idiots for voting this in. By the way i have some swamp land if u are interested :)
UR1Also

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Dec 18, 2012
You appear to be from the swamp. If what you bought was non-food items, you saved $17.00 before gas. If it was food items and you sound like you are on food stamps, there was no tax either place, assuming you we're using your stash of stamps. You realize that you can drive to Benton MO and save 6 cents a gallon on gas
farmer

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2012
You just jealous your not one of us. 1700 the best you can afford I guess. Lmao
Crow T Robot

Little Rock, AR

#4 Dec 18, 2012
guest wrote:
Went to Memphis today and spent $1700 on Christmas gifts and had a great time, drive was worth it as well with good company. I will not support the stupid 1 cent tax to cover the double dipping for the good ol boys, man u guys are idiots for voting this in. By the way i have some swamp land if u are interested :)
Glad you had a great time.

Every dollar you give to the city means one more dollar which WILL be spent, and then added into the next year's budget to be spent over and over again. Which of course means the City will have to raise more money to pay for it.

Grand Prairie, TX

#5 Dec 18, 2012
UR1Also wrote:
You appear to be from the swamp. If what you bought was non-food items, you saved $17.00 before gas. If it was food items and you sound like you are on food stamps, there was no tax either place, assuming you we're using your stash of stamps. You realize that you can drive to Benton MO and save 6 cents a gallon on gas
I'm Not worried about saving money, just dont want to support your fu mess, got ya, i did buy my gas here if it makes u feel better

Grand Prairie, TX

#6 Dec 18, 2012
farmer wrote:
You must be one of the good ol boys, lmao

Grand Prairie, TX

#7 Dec 18, 2012
farmer wrote:
U just don't get it do u? I bet u voted for hussan obama too, didn't you? Wait till tax time idiot, see how much more u have to pay now

Grand Prairie, TX

#8 Dec 18, 2012
UR1Also wrote:
I bet growing up in school u gave your lunch money to the "good ol boys" cause you were scared, well boo hoo!

I can debate with u all night and make u look like a puzzy or i can act on the way i spend my money, for the 15 month period i will go out of my way to give to a city i have no ties to, it just makes me feel better about myself not giving in, your a bunch of dumazzes anyway cant do simple bookkeeping and hire a thief as a finance director, WOW - hear me now ?

Grand Prairie, TX

#9 Dec 18, 2012
Crow T Robot wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you had a great time.

Every dollar you give to the city means one more dollar which WILL be spent, and then added into the next year's budget to be spent over and over again. Which of course means the City will have to raise more money to pay for it.
How can there be so many dumb people in this town? I just don't get it
Yup

Little Rock, AR

#10 Dec 18, 2012
Just remember in the general election Arkansas voters passed a 10 year sales tax increase to pay for highway improvements. Not sure but I think it was .75. So that makes Blytheville 11%. DAMN

Dallas, TX

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Yup wrote:
Just remember in the general election Arkansas voters passed a 10 year sales tax increase to pay for highway improvements. Not sure but I think it was .75. So that makes Blytheville 11%. DAMN
I don't mind that,(i think it was .50) it is that stupid 1 cent double tax that pisses me off
Crow T Robot

Little Rock, AR

#12 Dec 18, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind that,(i think it was .50) it is that stupid 1 cent double tax that pisses me off
I don't like it because I can remember when the fuel tax was designated to be used for road projects. But the money grubbing politicians decided to start putting it into "general funds" and use it for whatever they wanted. And now they come back and say we need money for roads.

So we get stuck paying a fuel tax AND a sales tax.

Are we starting to see the pattern yet. Mis-spend taxpayers money, then take even more money to make up for the amount mis-spent.

Little Rock, AR

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Im not gonna buy anything in blytheville during or AFTER THE 15 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!

Little Rock, AR

#14 Dec 18, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah that's just like double penetration. For a woman it might be ok but for man it's hell!
Screwed

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Dec 18, 2012
Ok 10.75% that's cow shit, yea it doesn't even deserve bullshit status. Every town around us has a cheaper sales tax. Simple math says for every dollar you make your going to up to 35 cents in taxes and ss. Than when that's done your going to give 10.75% sales tax. Than your going to pay federal taxes for your tires, user tax for you phone, user taxes for electric and gas. When its over that dollar if you're lucky is 40 cents.
wow

United States

#16 Dec 19, 2012
Where is the closest wall mart to grocery shop at other than blytheville
heresursign

United States

#17 Dec 19, 2012
wow wrote:
Where is the closest wall mart to grocery shop at other than blytheville
Osceola
UR1Also

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Dec 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet growing up in school u gave your lunch money to the "good ol boys" cause you were scared, well boo hoo!
I can debate with u all night and make u look like a puzzy or i can act on the way i spend my money, for the 15 month period i will go out of my way to give to a city i have no ties to, it just makes me feel better about myself not giving in, your a bunch of dumazzes anyway cant do simple bookkeeping and hire a thief as a finance director, WOW - hear me now ?
You can debate all night, it won't make you any smarter, but go ahead and do it. I lived in Blytheville for over twenty years and all I ever heard was how we didn't have anything but then we went elsewhere to spend our money even when we could buy locally. This one percent is not good, but it was needed. I really believe that they had to be complete idiots to allow the situation to happen but the debt has to be paid and going elsewhere to spend your money just to make a point is just hurting the community, but then you have made it clear that you have no alliance to this community so that doesn't really matter either. Blytheville has the potential to be a good town, some of the best people you will ever meet live there, but we have to get over the past and try to build something. I do believe that we do have enough people with your intellect to turn this place into a wasteland, just give you a little time.
Screwed

Little Rock, AR

#19 Dec 19, 2012
You know I spend money here. When I get a chance cause I'm traveling any ways and I can stop and buy stuff and save 3 or 4% it's stupid not to. Now I'm not going to be stupid and drive 60 miles to save 3 dollars and spend 8 to do it. My business lets me travel some and mileage is paid for I don't need to be stupid and not do it. Makes sense to me.

Dallas, TX

#20 Dec 19, 2012
UR1Also wrote:
<quoted text>You can debate all night, it won't make you any smarter, but go ahead and do it. I lived in Blytheville for over twenty years and all I ever heard was how we didn't have anything but then we went elsewhere to spend our money even when we could buy locally. This one percent is not good, but it was needed. I really believe that they had to be complete idiots to allow the situation to happen but the debt has to be paid and going elsewhere to spend your money just to make a point is just hurting the community, but then you have made it clear that you have no alliance to this community so that doesn't really matter either. Blytheville has the potential to be a good town, some of the best people you will ever meet live there, but we have to get over the past and try to build something. I do believe that we do have enough people with your intellect to turn this place into a wasteland, just give you a little time.
Amen, your last sentence hit it on the head, even you admit it! So why waste your time? Even mayor said the burden will be paid early but he will pocket anything left over, a dream come true for him and finance director, just wait and see - AGAIN. You guys will never learn, thats why they keep sticking it to you - u let them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Semi Trucks 11 min MOTHER TRUCKER 83
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 1 hr OldIron 2,417
*keep a word drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr OldIron 3,350
kream kastle has roaches 1 hr OldIron 15
Brandon Brown 4 hr Not sure 4
4 Word Game 2 (Nov '09) 4 hr OldIron 6,432
The Last Post Wins 4 hr OldIron 109
Blytheville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blytheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?