question

United States

#22 Aug 7, 2012
is merle norman a chain or franchise?

btw, where is the billboard?

please reply someone because i am too busy being successful to look these things up myself......lmao !!!!

AOL

#23 Aug 7, 2012
I like to shop for Merle Norman products on line....they r much much cheaper and lots more to choose from. No employees for me to be bothered with and lots of times, I pay no postage at all. Check this out if u girls like saving alot of money ....when I go to the sotre, I just see very high prices and I am watching my money these days. I know alot of the stores buy off line and then resell at their stores and charge a much much higher price than the item should really cost. Many times u can get the items the very next day.
ruddy

United States

#24 Aug 7, 2012
Lark wrote:
This is one of the major problems with Blytheville: jealousy.
The MINUTE anyone works hard and has any measure of success, others (unsuccessful and/or unhappy in their own lives) jump on this pathetic site to hide behind the anonymity of a computer screen and bash the hard-working, successful ones.
It takes a LOT of work, time, money, and worry to build a business. And we ALL wish Blytheville had more businesses. But instead of showing any appreciation to those who take the risk and work hard, some people get on here and bash them.
This thread is about MN. But there are threads bashing every new business that comes to Blytheville and most of the existing ones. I wonder why so many have given up and moved on????
Here's a thought: get your own damn life, build your own success, and then I promise you won't have time--or the need--to bash others.
How long have you worked there?
ha ha

United States

#26 Aug 7, 2012
just a couple spoiled rich kids thats all
curious

Haslet, TX

#27 Aug 7, 2012
who's pregnant???
Lark

Jonesboro, AR

#28 Aug 7, 2012
ruddy wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have you worked there?
Good comeback--albeit incorrect.:-) I've never worked there but did work retail for years. It's hard ass work.

To the poster who says she buys MN make up cheaper online. I don't know if that's true, but I don't doubt it. Brick and mortar stores cost a LOT of money to build, maintain, and operate, so it's certainly not surprising that companies can sell more cheaply online.

Personally, I like to have advice for products from someone who has a bit of training. After that, though, I certainly don't mind buying online. I just understand WHY online can sell more cheaply.

Here's the bottom line (pun intended): We should ALL buy wherever we want...wherever we think we get the best deal, the best product, the best service, etc. That is the American way.

What I object to are the people who get on here with the sole purpose of bashing people who are just trying to make a business work. Businesses in Blytheville HELP US ALL! Businesses everywhere can help people. Holy Shit! I can't believe the people who don't get that. These are the SAME people who complain about no freakin place to eat, shop, work, whatever. Whenever a new business comes in, some Topix trolls can't wait to get on here and bash it. Damn shame.

I wasn't Mr. Popularity in high school either, but get the hell over it. If you go into MN or any other place and someone doesn't speak to you immediately, MAYBE THEY ARE BUSY. or maybe they think you want time by yourself. If you don't like it, just don't go back. If they come up to you, they think you're stealing. If they DON'T, they're snobs. They can't freakin win.

But too many of Topix is just a bunch of pathetic n'er do wells who are jealous as shit over anyone who has anything and people who are depressed or have no freakin self esteem and get off being big deals behind the 'puter bashing others.

and THAT's what pisses me off. And I am NOT related to or work with or hang around with any of the people who have any damn business on the entire Main Street. I'm just someone who would like to see Bville back to the city it used to be--and friends, this type of thread ain't the way there.
harry nippleton

United States

#29 Aug 7, 2012
ha ha wrote:
just a couple spoiled rich kids thats all
that's on the real!
hahaha

Manila, AR

#30 Aug 7, 2012
curious wrote:
who's pregnant???
shes gettin married this week
business buddy

United States

#31 Aug 8, 2012
If they are rich why bother with working!
Bud man

United States

#32 Aug 8, 2012
business buddy wrote:
Give em something to do I guess
racer

United States

#33 Aug 9, 2012
those are two very sweet ladies and should not be criticide. they have worked very hard to buld there business.
red one

Jonesboro, AR

#34 Aug 9, 2012
@ Lark. You got that right!!
I boy

United States

#35 Aug 9, 2012
Isn't this the goff girls?
cindy

United States

#36 Aug 10, 2012
I boy wrote:
Isn't this the goff girls?
thought it was tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber
thought

Blytheville, AR

#37 Aug 10, 2012
This just really pisses me off. The ppl in this town are just unbelievable. We need to start supporting our Blytheville businesses or you are going to have to drive out of town to get any
service at all! There are more jealous ppl. Why not get a life of your own? I don't shop there that much, but I know ppl that do! Support our small businesses!
wjw

United States

#38 Aug 10, 2012
thought wrote:
This just really pisses me off. The ppl in this town are just unbelievable. We need to start supporting our Blytheville businesses or you are going to have to drive out of town to get any
service at all! There are more jealous ppl. Why not get a life of your own? I don't shop there that much, but I know ppl that do! Support our small businesses!
You are so right. The same ones on here bashing people are the same ones complaining that we have no place to shop. It's a successful business, I hate to ruin someone's day by saying that but I'm sure it does.

I don't get people sometimes.
Bruno

United States

#39 Aug 10, 2012
I like'em bigtits
Slug

Lake City, AR

#40 Aug 10, 2012
thought wrote:
I am glad that it is not a vacant building. Mr Southard made an investment in the upgrade of the building and was able to lease it to some folks who have a genuine concern for Blytheville. They both are living here and raising kids here. I hope that they provide enough of a service that people will not want to drive to Jonesboro or Memphis to buy comparable products. If they are able to operate a Blytheville business which in turn is profitable then it is a win-win situation for them and the city of Blytheville. The people of Jonesboro have understood this for many years. Growth occurs not because of individuals, but because of individuals supporting each other.

Blytheville, AR

#41 Aug 11, 2012
business buddy wrote:
To pay for all you wefare cheats!
bahahaha

United States

#42 Aug 11, 2012
Good service and friendly faces.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blytheville on the news again 4 min proudworkingamerican 14
White Wives 32 min guest 6
Ready for some IHOP 36 min JWS 6
Hot girl at anc 41 min Jason 3
News Black students disproportionately suspended in ... (Sep '15) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 76
questiom (Mar '11) 9 hr Pale horse 15
Tatoo shop in sears plaza 12 hr guest 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blytheville Mortgages