Who Destroyed American Legion Baseball

Who Destroyed American Legion Baseball

Posted in the Blytheville Forum

Wondering

Bryant, AR

#1 Jul 31, 2011
Remember when american legion baseball was special in Blytheville. Kids grew going to the games and dreamed of playing for them when they grew up.
Heard they won 3 or 4 games this year, what happened.
Wondering

Bryant, AR

#2 Jul 31, 2011
should have said what instead of who. I know when the grandstand burned, hurt it. Heard they don't let out of town kids play. Just wondering
lilpep

Senath, MO

#3 Jul 31, 2011
bobby deason and when asked why he said he did it for the youth for the future. thats what he said. its a bad deal but bobby is not all there any way.
The MCCC Cherokee

Benton, AR

#4 Jul 31, 2011
the american legion and the powers that be at the sportsplex have to work together..you got kids coming up out there that either stop playing ball when there 13 or they start playing usaaa and other stuff..you cant tell me the best kids from blytheville,osceola,rivercrest ,gosnell and armorel couldnt have made a stud legion team!!

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Jul 31, 2011
Col. Mustard with a daggar in the ball room.
Casons

Searcy, AR

#6 Jul 31, 2011
I can tell you who put the Cason's on the map though, that would be Dwight Williams. There was no finer Coach or man than Coach Williams.
FAN

Hot Springs Village, AR

#7 Jul 31, 2011
Heard Mr. Williams was a great coach and respected his players! Very positive coaching!
Wondering

Bryant, AR

#8 Jul 31, 2011
Think coach williams played the best players, not how rich a players dad is. Also got the best players from missouri and northeast arkansas. Was special to be a cason and play for coach williams.
Albert

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Jul 31, 2011
The MCCC Cherokee wrote:
the american legion and the powers that be at the sportsplex have to work together..you got kids coming up out there that either stop playing ball when there 13 or they start playing usaaa and other stuff..you cant tell me the best kids from blytheville,osceola,rivercrest ,gosnell and armorel couldnt have made a stud legion team!!
It's all about coaching, my friend...has nothing to do with powers that be or any of that nonsense. Good coaches attract good players and cash attracts good coaches. Get some folks together along with your local legion post, raise some funds and you will find a good coach.
Guest2

Hot Springs Village, AR

#10 Jul 31, 2011
Negative coaches have a difficult time instructing! All coaches need to check and see if they are instructing or yelling!
cason11

Blytheville, AR

#11 Aug 8, 2011
I think the level of talent in this and surrounding areas has fallen off over the last few years.. just what I'm seeing
Satch

Trumann, AR

#12 Aug 8, 2011
cason11 wrote:
I think the level of talent in this and surrounding areas has fallen off over the last few years.. just what I'm seeing
No doubt. White kids play most of the baseball these days nationwide and white kids have become a bunch of pu$$ieS. That is why you see so many Latin American players in the majors. They bust their azz to get out of poverty and baseball is the ticket. They don't have mama and daddy hanging over the fences passing out gatorade and towels for the little darlings who are on the latest and greatest travel team. Most of these kids don't even practice anymore because it is too hot or they have more than one game that week. It is a freakin' joke. Even the college game has become pathetic to watch. Today's white kid is an embarassment to the baby boomers who grew up in the 40's 50's and 60's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blytheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nucor, SBC and Oxley-Sarbanes 5 min guess 190
how much money do welfare mothers get per child (Jan '11) 15 min Msjacquelene 1,292
Walmart fundraising on Saturdays 18 min really 66
Vote yes please! 47 min Taxpayer 8
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 53 min guest 30,941
The Blytheville Facebook Online Auction! (Nov '11) 1 hr Get a_life 6
Carlock Ford 1 hr Happy feet 13
LC and the snow man 3 hr Yarbro 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blytheville Mortgages