FLDS polygamist leader Wendell Nielsen found guilty of bigamy in Texas

Mar 30, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com

Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints leader Wendell Nielsen was found guilty Wednesday of three counts of bigamy as a result of a prosecution orchestrated by Wichita Falls native and Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott .

Full Story
Scarecrow

Philippines

#1 Apr 2, 2012
This was expected. It is also part of the process that will lead to the Federal courts determining that the bigamy and anti-polygamy laws are unconstitutional. His wives were all consenting adults, and the states have intentionally avoided this type of persecution knowing that it would lead to a constitutional challenge of the laws. Just as the sodomy laws were found to be unconstitutional so to will the bigamy and anti-polygamy laws.

I am very Christian, but I am not blind. I can read the scriptures without having someone tell me what they say, and they do not prohibit a man from having more than one wife. If you are a Christian and disagree with polygamy that is your prerogative, you don't have to have more than one wife. However you do not have the right nor a biblical mandate to impose your false doctrine on those that do see the truths in the scriptures about covenantal unions.
ohio

Waverly, OH

#2 Apr 2, 2012
Sorry to disappoint you but a girl that is 12 years old is not old enough to be anyone's wife.
ANONYMOUS

Franklin Park, NJ

#3 Nov 30, 2012
the first poster is correct.
manny

Washington, DC

#4 Dec 30, 2012
Scarecrow wrote:
This was expected. It is also part of the process that will lead to the Federal courts determining that the bigamy and anti-polygamy laws are unconstitutional. His wives were all consenting adults, and the states have intentionally avoided this type of persecution knowing that it would lead to a constitutional challenge of the laws. Just as the sodomy laws were found to be unconstitutional so to will the bigamy and anti-polygamy laws.
I am very Christian, but I am not blind. I can read the scriptures without having someone tell me what they say, and they do not prohibit a man from having more than one wife. If you are a Christian and disagree with polygamy that is your prerogative, you don't have to have more than one wife. However you do not have the right nor a biblical mandate to impose your false doctrine on those that do see the truths in the scriptures about covenantal unions.
very Cristian=very blind. good thing we dont base our laws on biblical mandates or we would be no better than the countries that enforce Shira law on their people, trading your daughter for a goat or forcing her to marry her rapist. Its the 21st century, get out of the stone age. keep your religion off my laws and my body. any child should not be forced into a union to please their family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Texas, Bush father and son hit campaign trial Oct 16 L Morales 12
Itasca Funeral Home Oct 8 doh 2
Body of Texas sheriff's deputy found in lake Sep 20 paddyomalley 1
The TYC facility in San Saba may soon become an... (Apr '07) Sep '14 APE retawed 145
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Gasman 673
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Gasman 526
See it: Cheerleader, 19, loves shooting on safari Aug '14 Ral44 9

Blum News Video

Blum Dating
Find my Match

Blum Jobs

Blum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blum News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blum

Personal Finance