Parris Island recruit dies

Parris Island recruit dies

There are 277 comments on the Island Packet story from Sep 10, 2006, titled Parris Island recruit dies. In it, Island Packet reports that:

A Parris Island recruit died Saturday morning while being taken to Naval Hospital Beaufort after participating in a strength test at the depot, according to Marine Corps officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Island Packet.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#293 Jan 6, 2012
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not, and never have been a US Marine despite your claim. No Marine refers to themselves or other Marines as 'ex'. Busted.
Semper Fi!!!!!
Dee

Baltimore, MD

#294 Oct 28, 2012
Someone just found dead in the bath room few weeks ago there and it was not even on the news or Nothingucrazy right....
KTa

Beaufort, SC

#295 Dec 6, 2012
Geo Martin wrote:
I wonder why the Marines feel it so impotant to actually be cruel to their new recruits (whom the majority of are very young men)? They could prepare them to be men and soldiers in a more civilized, postitive manner. The other armed forces do it and in less boot camp time. Two deaths on Parris Island in a lilttle over a year is a disgrace not only to the Marines, but, to the USA. Shame on men (drill leaders) who get a thrill out of belittling young men so they can feel macho.
First of all, get your terms correct. Bootcamp is a absolute no shit thing on the island. Please come visit and observe for yourself. It isnt cruelty it is reality. It is their job to lead these young men and guide them into their chosen life paths of MARINES, not soldiers. The Marine Corp is the nations first to fight. They arent here to be be made civilized they are here to become United States Marines, and better citizens. It is unfortunate that they have passed during training but it is the way the cookie crumbles.
KTa

Beaufort, SC

#296 Dec 6, 2012
Markus wrote:
Parris Island is a joke anymore anyways. Drill instructors are dumb as hell for one, all they can say is daggon this and daggon that....I went to parris island and was discharged on a medical on training day 50 thank god because the dumbasses i went with, I would never be able to put my life in their hands. They let anyone and everyone in the marines. Half the dumbasses couldn't even read because they are strait out of the ghetto or they are hicks that don't know left from right. It's rediculous and anybody with a head on their shoulders could tell you that 95% of the recruits in parris island are dumbasses along with the daggon drill instructors.
Obviously not anyone, because you were discharged before you even went to crucible. Stop being spiteful and move on with your life.
Smith

Miami, FL

#297 Jan 4, 2013
You all are idiots first a man second a son third a marine keep it in order then you won't have to worry about killing yourself because if a situation arise(somebody f#@k with you) the man takes over where if you think like a marine your ass is grass never allow you're manhood to be challenged believe me i didn't when i was in the marines yelled at many officers for being idiots got my points across served my time and honorably discharged my kids who are not in college are heading to the military and i tell them don't let no one f with you i can get you out of the trouble but i can't get you out of the ground judge by twelve then carried six
real marine

United States

#298 Feb 27, 2013
Geo Martin wrote:
I wonder why the Marines feel it so impotant to actually be cruel to their new recruits (whom the majority of are very young men)? They could prepare them to be men and soldiers in a more civilized, postitive manner. The other armed forces do it and in less boot camp time. Two deaths on Parris Island in a lilttle over a year is a disgrace not only to the Marines, but, to the USA. Shame on men (drill leaders) who get a thrill out of belittling young men so they can feel macho.
really
real marine

United States

#299 Feb 27, 2013
Really, If you cany cut it....
real marine

United States

#300 Feb 27, 2013
Markus wrote:
Parris Island is a joke anymore anyways. Drill instructors are dumb as hell for one, all they can say is daggon this and daggon that....I went to parris island and was discharged on a medical on training day 50 thank god because the dumbasses i went with, I would never be able to put my life in their hands. They let anyone and everyone in the marines. Half the dumbasses couldn't even read because they are strait out of the ghetto or they are hicks that don't know left from right. It's rediculous and anybody with a head on their shoulders could tell you that 95% of the recruits in parris island are dumbasses along with the daggon drill instructors.
sounds like someone couldn't handle it......
real marine

United States

#301 Feb 27, 2013
sounds like you could not handle it.....
Friend Debbie

United States

#302 May 30, 2013
My son has been at Parris island for just over a week, I am devastated . I don't want a marine, the thought makes me sick. After reading all the post from marines or their girlfriends(wife's) I'm embarrassed to think my son wanted to be a part of this. As far as I'm concerned he has ruined his life. He was incouraged by a jerky cousin that's reply to me was" go suck a big fat baby dick" what a fine person that marine is. If my son behaves like this after 'training' you can keep him. My father is a real man, provides for his family, loves his wife and children, serves in his church, respects women and he didn't have to be a marine or any other service man to do it, I was a proud mother when Jeremiah was in college and on the deans list, I have no idea how this could have happened. You stole a good kid and now your going to turn him into a monster
TN-MARINE

Morristown, TN

#303 Dec 1, 2013
Debra wrote:
My brother died at Parris Island in 1992. His body wasn't recovered for almost a year (10 months) and was so badly decomposed that there was no way to confirm cause of death. His body was found by a local fisherman on the banks of one of the rivers so his cause of death was simply put as drowning. My family has never had the closure of finding out what really happened to him and how he ended up dead in the river. He was a good recruit and loved the training he was getting. He was very fit and healthy without any physical handicaps. I even received a letter in the mail a few days after his disappearence stating that he was very excited about his upcoming graduation. I want to know what happened to my brother!!!!! But, sadly, I know that I never will.
I graduated from training in 1992 from Paris Island SC, platoon 1126, 1st BN. I remember this and are very sorry for your loss. The only story I remember going around was that one of the recruits bodies was recovered in the marsh/swap that surrounds the base by a fisherman.
jwbgso

Kernersville, NC

#304 Jan 6, 2014
Amber wrote:
Well my fiancee just left for there and hes hasent been there for 2 weeks yet and if i find out he died im gonna go crazy people need to learn you cant be hard on young kids like thatits freaking stupid i dont even know anymore
Dear heart----------
I was there in 1965, we had a recruit drown during the swimming training. These are no longer young kids, when their feet hit the yellow foot steps two thing happen immediately, like it or not. The first is they are no longer yong kids, there are 'recruits', or stated more simply, the lowest form of life in the universe. They are there by choice. Secondly, they are immediately property of the Marine Corps. They are told when to pee, poop, eat, sleep, shave, and in some cases, blink. It is tough because without going into detail, battlefield conditions, at BEST, are tough. You lern the limits you thought you had are no longer a reality, that you no longer care about self, you care about unit, Corps and each other above all else.
It ain't easy for a reason. Be proud of your MAN for going the hard road!
One old jarheads opinion
chris-marine

Mooresville, NC

#305 Jan 25, 2014
Geo Martin wrote:
Other armed forces do it and in less time? There graduates are not Marines, there is your difference. There is no secret Marine training is the most difficult in the department of defense. I could teach an air force guy how to sit in a chair in a 6 week period. That is how long there training is. You rise and sleep until the blanket of protection they provide and then question the manner in which they provide it. That is a disgrace in my opinion.
chris-marine

Mooresville, NC

#306 Jan 25, 2014
real marine wrote:
<quoted text> sounds like someone couldn't handle it......
I second that. If you could not complete the training what is the joke? You or the training? I know where my vote is..
NOSuchThingAsAnE XMarine

Stillwater, OK

#307 Feb 25, 2014
Geo Martin wrote:
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Listen, the Corps has been making Marines for over 200 years and the Corps will continue to do so after you are long gone. What a bunch of liberal bullcrap. "Civlized and Positive?" ARE YOU FREAKING HIGH? Someone obviously dropped you on your liberal head. Leave that nonsense for the Army, CHAirForce and Navy. Leave the DevilDogs be. Another thing, it is not belittling and there are women as well. It is called "discipline" and "order". You make me freaking SICK!!!!
NOSuchThingAsAnE XMarine

Stillwater, OK

#308 Feb 25, 2014
Friend Debbie wrote:
My son has been at Parris island for just over a week, I am devastated . I don't want a marine, the thought makes me sick. After reading all the post from marines or their girlfriends(wife's) I'm embarrassed to think my son wanted to be a part of this. As far as I'm concerned he has ruined his life. He was incouraged by a jerky cousin that's reply to me was" go suck a big fat baby dick" what a fine person that marine is. If my son behaves like this after 'training' you can keep him. My father is a real man, provides for his family, loves his wife and children, serves in his church, respects women and he didn't have to be a marine or any other service man to do it, I was a proud mother when Jeremiah was in college and on the deans list, I have no idea how this could have happened. You stole a good kid and now your going to turn him into a monster
Wow. What a poor pitiful, pathetic excuse of a parent you are. Let me tell you something about Marine wives and GF's: A good majority of them are lying pieces of dog crap. They take away from the morale of the unit and will bring a Marine down quicker than this jerky cousin can say "go suck a big fat baby dick" (which you have no obvious problem saying yourself, which I find hypocritical and hilarious). No one forced your son to sign that paper. I'm sure he was just trying to get away from a liberal fucktard for a parent. By the way, I am a WOMAN Marine, so save your nonsense for another liberal who will stroke your hair and tell you it's okay. I would be ashamed to have you as a mother. BITCH!
snk250

Branson, MO

#309 Apr 18, 2015
There is no such thing as an "x Marine". EVERY Marine knows that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluffton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 9 dead in 'hate crime' shooting at S.C. church Jul 26 Adolph lives 455
News Donald Trump visits border: What (or who) is hi... Jul 23 wild child 4
News Has Trump 'cheapened' the 2016 race? Why some s... Jul 22 Ray 2
News BCSO investigate homicide at Coligny Beach area... Jul 21 my thoughts 1
Hilton Head Island Music Forum (Nov '12) Jul 20 Musikologist 11
Matthew Thomas Violano Jul 17 Seek and you shal... 1
Punk shows in Hilton head or surrounding areas Jul 14 Brandib3ar 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bluffton Mortgages