Pleads guilty to conversion

Pleads guilty to conversion

There are 6 comments on the Decatur Daily Democrat story from Jul 26, 2008, titled Pleads guilty to conversion. In it, Decatur Daily Democrat reports that:

Pleads guilty to conversion Written by Reporter1 Thursday, 24 July 2008 In Adams Superior Court on Wednesday, Christopher P. Hakes, 47, rural Decatur, who is assistant principal of Bellmont Middle School, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Decatur Daily Democrat.

concerned citizen

Warsaw, IN

#1 Jul 30, 2008
Stealing is never right! However, all the media coverage surrounding the "Chris Hakes" incident is indeed way out of bounds in my estimation! Granted, as a public official he is indeed under
scrunity, but since when does a person NOT get a second chance? He admitted he did wrong, and the public humilation is surely enough for anyone to endure. But to have to give up teaching and coaching, two things that he loves, and is good at, is beyond retribution! North Adams is not without other scandals, but which have been kept covered up. I say, give him a chance to prove himself! "THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I!"
concerned citizen

Frankfort, KY

#2 Aug 11, 2008
Stealing is not right. Mr Hakes is suppose to be a responsible modle figure for our kids and set a good example(s). For part of his punishment, he should not be a coach, should not be a vice principle and should not have a job with North Adams. I have kids that go to Bellmont, for the conern of my kids and other kids, Mr. Hakes needs to no longer be with the school system. He has set a very bad example and saying it is ok to steal.
rambling

United States

#3 Aug 13, 2008
He was my teacher and my coach and he was terrible at both. The kids won't respect him now. You have to get him out
Mr-hale

Frankfort, KY

#4 Aug 18, 2008
Mr. Hakes should should bbr allowed to remain the coach et vice principle under supervision which are no. 1 must enter and leave through theft protective device no2must remain in his office at all times except to go to bathroom and meals under supervision of staff member pockets will be checked when leaving premices for students they must keep backpacks et purses at their sides at all times and last but not least lockers MUST be locked at all times. So Hakes think about this the next time you walk around with your nose in the air you,re not any better than anyone else
amanda

Lima, OH

#5 Aug 28, 2008
hakes need to be fired asap if he hasnt beem already. i hated him when i wnet to bellmont middle school. he was a real butthead. the right thing shuld be done. i might go to a different school now, but i now bettr than that. oh by the way word has it the reason he did this was because his wife and kids left him and i want to know if that is reall actually ture and if so what a stupid thing to do.
Wow

Lockport, IL

#6 Feb 28, 2018
Wow has time gone on. Hope all is well again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluffton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
matt elston Nov 26 billeebob 1
Don Dapkus Nov 23 Bradgier 1
News Family shutters Ossian orchard (Feb '07) Nov 11 Smack-A-Ho 5
calvin higdpm (Jan '14) Oct '18 Flip 3
Chet Owens Oct '18 Psa 1
Jimbo Aug '18 Joe 2
Barb Jones Sleeping With married men (Jan '18) May '18 guest 4

Bluffton Jobs

Personal Finance

Bluffton Mortgages