Rescue Squad in Carter County

Posted in the Bluff City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marie

Johnson City, TN

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Monday - Sept 17th there is a Carter County Commission meeting to determine the fate of the Carter County Rescue Squad. They don't want to pay the funds needed to keep the squad running. Instead they are talking about hiring an outside private firm....like Unicoi County did....ask them how well that went!! It will not only put many people out of a job but it moves control of the EMS out of the county. The Board of Directors will meet out of the county, billing will be handled out of the county, collection agengies will be brought in to enforce collections of anything insurance doesn't pay. This also could cause delays in some services such as rescue response, convalescence transports, car wrecks, stand bys for sporting events – house fires – police responses – etc. Do the people of Carter County really want to put up with that? Maybe they should voice their opinion to their elected County Commissioners on Monday. This is an election year and the Commissioners are playing games with your lives.
concerned

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Sep 13, 2012
Sounds like a bunch of political nonsense to me. People of Carter Co....speak up or your fellow professionals/man will not only be out of a job but you might as well kiss anyone who needs assistance goodbye. I used to live in Unicoi Co when they actually started subcontracting EMS services. The Guy in the van was not always an actual EMT professional...the subcontractor allowed VOLUNTEERS to ride the vans and assist. I don't know about you all but I want a Professional helping me or my family in my time of need.
curious 2

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Sep 13, 2012
The people of Carter County had better speak up, they have transported my mom 7 times sense the first of June. If it hadn't been for the squad I don't know what we would have done. They are a very professionl and compassionate group of people. I praise them for what they do and the squad don't need to be contracted to another firm outside of the county. The commissioners would be a bunch of fools if they don't stand behind them. The squad is the best service this county has. They saved my moms's life and I can't thank them enough.
appauled

Johnson City, TN

#4 Sep 14, 2012
I am appalled that Carter County Commissioners would even contemplate hiring an outside firm. Look at all the trouble Unicoi County had....from what I understand the Carter County Rescue Squad had to even go bail them out for awhile. This being an election year...it isn't very smart on the Commissioner's part...that is a good way to get kicked out of office...replacing the current Rescue Squad with an outside service that will be a big headache!!! How many times does the Carter County Rescue Squad have to go in the mountains and other places to rescue people that have gotten lost, hurt or worse? Who will handle that if an outside service is brought in and how much will insurance go up because of the outrageous prices the outside service will charge!?! Not to mention the fact that businesses will not want to invest money in a county that has a high ratio of medical fatalities due to lack of adequate rescue service. WHAT ARE THE COMMISSIONERS THINKING?!!! I don’t live in Carter County, but my family does and I for one do not want to loose the rescue squad that is there now. They have a better track record than anyone realizes and don’t get paid enough for what they do now!!! Someone needs to tell the Carter County Commissioners watch what they are doing before they get boosted out of office.“IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!” They just need to leave the squad they have alone and pay the fee to keep them….then concentrate on more pertinent situations!!
curious 2

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Sep 14, 2012
The majority of the commissioners just think about what they want and not what the people want that voted them in. The COMMISSIONERS AREN'T THINKING!!! and especially one of them ,YOGI, and he needs to GO!!!
hmmm

Shelby, NC

#6 Sep 14, 2012
If they are so broke why did they pay to have the two black trucks (that were in the paper cause they can't afford to equip them) painted with red stripes. They should have sold them and used that money elsewhere. They have gone this long without them. There is something fishy going on there and they need to be audited.
NO TO YOGI

Kingsport, TN

#7 Sep 14, 2012
curious 2 wrote:
The majority of the commissioners just think about what they want and not what the people want that voted them in. The COMMISSIONERS AREN'T THINKING!!! and especially one of them ,YOGI, and he needs to GO!!!
Yogi wants to be Mayor .He has a axe to grind .He needs to let his personal feeling go and do whats best for Carter county.He didnt learn much from his time with the city.We need people with integrity.
Donna Sheenia

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Sep 14, 2012
NO TO YOGI wrote:
<quoted text>Yogi wants to be Mayor .He has a axe to grind .He needs to let his personal feeling go and do whats best for Carter county.He didnt learn much from his time with the city.We need people with integrity.
"We need people with integrity", you said. Isn't this the God's truth!
Meh

Johnson City, TN

#9 Sep 14, 2012
Seriously?

Blame 911. The county didn't bow to their extortion, and fund them so 911 passed it on to the rescue squad.

Do ya really think the squad will just go away? No.

Will the county hire a private company to replace them? No. They might let them come in and coexist which isn't the 1st time in this county.

People of Carter County better speak up? We have REPEATEDLY. Overwhelmingly in favor of not funding them. Hell they didn't even bother coming to the meeting last month, not a single rep at all. If it was sooooo important and dire, where is the urgency?

Looked at the tax returns filed? Hmmmm...who is it again that makes more than double than when they 1st started? Go ahead...find out for yourself.

They need a lesson in living within ones means.
Did ya even know that a trip from an area home, nursing home etc that is even just three miles away will be $400 dollars?

Yogi for mayor? HA! He wouldn't touch office that with a ten foot pole.

Who are these people posting ahead of me? Doesn't take much to figure out that "group".
Aggrivated

Johnson City, TN

#10 Sep 16, 2012
I can't tell you how aggrivated I get with people who assume things and don't know what they are talking about. Meh...you have ABSOLUTELY NO idea who the posts previously are from. I know for a fact who four of those posts are from and not the first one of those individuals are from The Rescue Squad as you assumed. We all are concerned people who have had our life or the life of someone we love saved by that rescue squad and we don't want to loose them!!!!! As for funding....ask the County Commissioners what they do with the tax payers money.
Its a Buisness

United States

#11 Sep 17, 2012
People the Carter Co Rescue Squad is not your grandfathers and my father Rescue Squad. I remember my father putting his last few dollars in that white buckets. The Squad was an all volunteer force then it is a multi- million dollar business now last year (I heard). they took int.over 3.5 million in fees paid from our insurances.if I'm wrong show us an audit. Not counting the money from County taxpayers. We deserve to see an audit since they take taxpayer money. People who can't afford to pay they are sued in circuit court. Terry Arnold makes $86,000 plus expense. Assistant director $68,900 plus expense they all drive BIG late model SUVS. Now they want More money from Carter Co taxpayers. GREED
johnny be good

Newland, NC

#12 Sep 17, 2012
i am at the point with all our county commisoners to vote against every one of them ,i dont care if its uneducated monkeys running against them i will for for them.
What Happened

Johnson City, TN

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Wasn't there supposed to be a meeting yesterday Sept 17. What happened??
Meh

Johnson City, TN

#14 Sep 18, 2012
Aggrivated wrote:
I can't tell you how aggrivated I get with people who assume things and don't know what they are talking about. Meh...you have ABSOLUTELY NO idea who the posts previously are from. I know for a fact who four of those posts are from and not the first one of those individuals are from The Rescue Squad as you assumed. We all are concerned people who have had our life or the life of someone we love saved by that rescue squad and we don't want to loose them!!!!! As for funding....ask the County Commissioners what they do with the tax payers money.
Then you must stay VERY aggravated at yourself. The group I refer to has NOTHING to do with the rescue squad, but rather blindly use any and all opportunity to attack the commission at every turn, puppets.
Since you know four of who posted, just confirmed who you are as a group.
NO TO YOGI

Kingsport, TN

#15 Sep 18, 2012
Meh wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must stay VERY aggravated at yourself. The group I refer to has NOTHING to do with the rescue squad, but rather blindly use any and all opportunity to attack the commission at every turn, puppets.
Since you know four of who posted, just confirmed who you are as a group.
I am not part of any group.No puppet for anyone the Mayor or the commission I just post my opinion and think we can do better on both sides.
Highway2Hell

Banner Elk, NC

#16 Sep 18, 2012
johnny be good wrote:
i am at the point with all our county commisoners to vote against every one of them ,i dont care if its uneducated monkeys running against them i will for for them.
Now thats the most educated thing I have read.
Its a Buisness

United States

#17 Sep 18, 2012
johnny be good wrote:
I for one am glad the Commission stoof up to the private amblance service ie Carter County Rescue Squad. The guys who work for the ambulance service are very good people and they do an excellent job. But the fact remains ot is a private buisness. I read in yesterdays Star they have now dropped the request for $ 214,000 per year from taxpayers Where there is THAT MuCH MONEY iNVOLVED its not NON-PROFiT! Shout out to the Commission READ THE FINE PRINTl
priority

Johnson City, TN

#18 Sep 18, 2012
Maybe when one of them fall over from a heart attack they will change their tune....
Its a Buisness

United States

#19 Sep 18, 2012
priority wrote:
Maybe when one of them fall over from a heart attack they will change their tune....
Is that a threat? The ambulance service would treat your heart attack transport you to the hospital and charge your insurance An outrageous amount of money, if you don't have insurance,,,, you better have a strong heart,! Its ball about the MONEY,,
Aggravated

Johnson City, TN

#20 Sep 19, 2012
You are wrong....I did not confirm who we are...I don't even live in Carter County...so I could care less about the County Commissioners...it is the people of Carter County that I care about. I have a lot of friends and family who live there and they just happen to be the other posts that I spoke about. But that is okay...it was all resolved yesterday!!! Good luck to you all....and remember every dog has its day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluff City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Johnson City, TN (Jul '10) 1 hr corrupt 224
City schools principal 1 hr corrupt 13
Billy "Peanut" Hilton (May '11) 2 hr UTC 26
ComCare SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 hr BKCAT2 1
Hippocrates 9 hr oh well 8
Carl Gregory 10 hr Shopper 9
j j and d farm fence plus 10 hr ummm hummmm 3
More from around the web

Bluff City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE