Has anyone went to court to contest t...

Has anyone went to court to contest the tickets on photos ?

Posted in the Bluff City Forum

Contest Ticket

Port Republic, VA

#1 Mar 18, 2010
Has any one went to court to contest the tickets on the photos. Does the Judge do anything or is it a harder punishment?

Johnson City, TN

#2 Mar 21, 2010
Golly, this old 72 yr got a nice photo of my vehicle and a $90 fine in the mail yesterday. First (honestly) in my lifetime. It had to be on the four-lane between Piney Flats and the speedway. I'd been to Johnson City on business and came back thru Bristol. I may have another one in the mail next week because I made the same trip on Friday March 19. We have actually commented on Bluff City moving in on Piney Flats, I've seen the Bluff City Town Limits sign, but I have absolutely no idea where this speed limit sign is. Where is the camera located? My ticket says Popular Hill road. I have no choice but to pay $90 maybe $180, and I am questioning what this is all about. On Friday I did see one of those flashing lights that said I was doing 43 MPH. How long has these cameras been in operation or is it for the Big Race Weekend. I have a Phoeniz, AZ. on my notice envelope, a Mail TO: address in Cincinnati, Ohio,(oh, I can use my Credit Card,(which I don't have one) but thank you anyway, Police Dept. of Bluff City, maybe you get a little commission from this transaction after Arizona and Ohio.

Since: Aug 08

Bristol, TN

#3 Apr 6, 2010
Granny Laura,
You can't see the signs, you might consider quitting driving. They have 2 or 3 signs before the camera zone. Slow down and go the speed limit and you won't get a ticket. The company installs and owns the cameras, takes the pictures, issues the tickets, and send Bluff City a check at the end of every month for the percentage they have agreed upon for the issuing and collecting of tickets. Great thing for Bluff City, there was no outlay of cash, and the city is making money on speeders. Sorta cool. The camera is in the medican right near the vet/and doggie bunk house area. Open your eyes, get your eyes checked, read the speed limit signs and you will be fine. Like the poster before, go to court, cry and pleed your case and you might get it dismissed. Worth a try if you have the day to spend for court.

Bristol, VA

#4 Apr 10, 2010
how about cameras throughout bluff city. why just on the outskirt highway. If you people from bluff city are so worried about safety

Blountville, TN

#5 Apr 17, 2011
I have fought the speed trap and won. Look at your ticket and the pics very closely. Pull up the video and watch it yourself before you go to court.

The inside lane is labeled "LANE 1", the outside lane is "LANE 2" for north and south bound. If the officer listed on your ticket isn't present then they may throw it out, especially if you are from out of town.

When I went to fight mine there were about 12 ppl there and only 2 ppl ended up paying the ticket after they went before the judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluff City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WALMART MEAT..don't buy it! (Sep '11) 1 hr rhl 105
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 2 hr Blue Blood 4,290
Docter osbourne sub docter 2 hr Duh 2
Bowman Jewelers Ads (Jun '14) 2 hr ihearstupitpeople 13
E-Town Pizza 2 hr Landlady 3
why hasnt lonestar gone out of business? 5 hr Chriss 6
Our kids in danger at school? 11 hr Voter 8

Bluff City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance