Johnson City Police Traffic Cops
repro man

Chatsworth, GA

#42 Mar 4, 2011
Justpassingthrough wrote:
I was pulled over on Boone's Creek Rd, on my way to school, I was speeding, but definitely not the speed he said I was traveling. The officer said I was travelling 56 mph in a 40 mph zone. I have noticed my speed on that road and I consistently drive around 45-50mph, which is still breaking the speed limit, and thus the law. I had my radar detector on and it never went off, I never even noticed the officer until his pulled up behind me while I was turning onto the on-ramp to I-26. Incidents like this make me not trust the local traffic enforcement officers.
Look on the ticket and let us know who the officer was.
Nikki Nurse

Johnson City, TN

#43 Mar 15, 2011
Justpassingthrough wrote:
I was pulled over on Boone's Creek Rd, on my way to school, I was speeding, but definitely not the speed he said I was traveling. The officer said I was travelling 56 mph in a 40 mph zone. I have noticed my speed on that road and I consistently drive around 45-50mph, which is still breaking the speed limit, and thus the law. I had my radar detector on and it never went off, I never even noticed the officer until his pulled up behind me while I was turning onto the on-ramp to I-26. Incidents like this make me not trust the local traffic enforcement officers.
Maybe your speedometer doesn't work, just like your radar detector? Time to have it checked.

Since: Oct 07

Elizabethton

#44 Mar 20, 2011
What about Investigators at the JCPD anyone have any bad run ins with any of those?
repro man

Chatsworth, GA

#45 May 5, 2011
They all seem to be very professional compared to traffic.
Saddened

Johnson City, TN

#46 May 6, 2011
Of all things to talk about, someone gets online and talks about how hot a cop is and how big of a crush they have on them. Do any of you think before your type your ignorance,really? These officers your talking about have families,wives,children who can read this crap and it be very hurtful. Why does everything about someone have to be posted online can you not put your letter in writing and send it formally to the Police Chief? Nobody likes Williams because, he is by the book and would write his Mother a ticket. If you obey the law you would not even know these Officers names in my opinion. So because you break the law get a ticket that you could not suck,cry,flirt or smile your way out of all the sudden that Officer is horrible. I can promise you my friend if one of these Officers with JCPD pulled over a car that you had called on, that was driving reckless and nearly run you over by speeding through a parking lot or passed you on the highway at a high rate of speed all the sudden that guy your calling an ASSHOLE,SHIT-BAG,FAT SLOB.LIAR ETC... WOULD BECOME YOUR HERO. When they piss you off they are the enemy,but when they are protecting you they are your hero. Did any of you ever stop to think sometimes that officer pulling you over for what ever reason it was could have just saved your life? You could have continued on your journey and been in a traffic accident and killed and because of the blue lights in your rear-view mirror you will be able to take your scolding or your ticket and live another day. God Bless all of the JCPD Police Officers who put your life on the the line everyday to protect us and keep us safe. THANK YOU!!!!

Since: May 11

Nashville, TN

#47 May 6, 2011
Never had any problems with JCPD, they always seem to be the nicest cops I've seen, and I have lived all over the country. Now Jonesborough PD, that's a totally different story,
wow

Pflugerville, TX

#48 May 8, 2011
Impressed wrote:
I haven't had many run-ins with the JCP, but I did get pulled over the other day by the nicest cop I've ever met. I think his name was T. Sparks...He was very kind and helpful, and because I just moved here, he was very informative about how TN does things(Which is ass-backwards by the way). If I had to get pulled over again, I'm praying it will the the same officer(fat chance) or someone with the same demeanor.
If everything here is so assbackwards then take your punkass back where u came from.
repro man

Chatsworth, GA

#49 May 8, 2011
Williams is by "his Book". You must be a friend trying to defend him,but that is ok. I can understand you trying to defend him.I have seen his book ruled against many times in Johnson City court.Maybe you should start another forum names the Book by Officer Williams. I also say God Bless the JCPD.
Saddened wrote:
Of all things to talk about, someone gets online and talks about how hot a cop is and how big of a crush they have on them. Do any of you think before your type your ignorance,really? These officers your talking about have families,wives,children who can read this crap and it be very hurtful. Why does everything about someone have to be posted online can you not put your letter in writing and send it formally to the Police Chief? Nobody likes Williams because, he is by the book and would write his Mother a ticket. If you obey the law you would not even know these Officers names in my opinion. So because you break the law get a ticket that you could not suck,cry,flirt or smile your way out of all the sudden that Officer is horrible. I can promise you my friend if one of these Officers with JCPD pulled over a car that you had called on, that was driving reckless and nearly run you over by speeding through a parking lot or passed you on the highway at a high rate of speed all the sudden that guy your calling an ASSHOLE,SHIT-BAG,FAT SLOB.LIAR ETC... WOULD BECOME YOUR HERO. When they piss you off they are the enemy,but when they are protecting you they are your hero. Did any of you ever stop to think sometimes that officer pulling you over for what ever reason it was could have just saved your life? You could have continued on your journey and been in a traffic accident and killed and because of the blue lights in your rear-view mirror you will be able to take your scolding or your ticket and live another day. God Bless all of the JCPD Police Officers who put your life on the the line everyday to protect us and keep us safe. THANK YOU!!!!
wondering

York, SC

#50 May 8, 2011
What is the bad experience with Jonesborough PD
Kacy

Hendersonville, TN

#52 Sep 23, 2011
Yes he is a real pervert! He pulled me over and told me he was going to issue me a citation if I didnt give him my phone number and go out with him sometime.. Is he crazy!? He weighs like 350 pounds!!
Repo Man wrote:
<quoted text>
He is one of the officers that I have observed in court . anyone else had a problem with him.
Kacy

Hendersonville, TN

#53 Sep 23, 2011
He tried to get my phone number and for me to go out on a date with him in exchange for not writing me a ticket one night. He is a big fat pervert!
Repo Man wrote:
Any one else had problems with office Mark Williams of the Johnson City Police department or other officers. also we are looking for any experience.
Kacy

Hendersonville, TN

#54 Sep 23, 2011
Maybe that is the way he acted in front of witnesses, but get him alone and see how he treats you.. Obviously, there isnt just 1 person "picking" on him.. I count at least 4 different people here that have specifically had an issue with him.
SystemsGuru wrote:
My wife and I participated in the JCPD Citizen's Police Academy and had the opportunity to ride with an officer who is on the same platoon as Officer Williams. We were highly impressed with all members of the police department but we distinctly remember responding to a call with Officer Williams involving a domestic incident where children were present. What impressed us most about the call was his professional demeanor.
Officer Williams was verbally attacked by the "husband" almost continuously throughout the call, being called names I would not even know how to spell, much less repeat on this forum. After the husband was arrested for assaulting the female participant, I questioned Officer Williams on his restraint in those type situations. Officer Williams replied something to the effect, "I would never attempt to demean someone in front of their children, no matter how abusive they are acting towards me." That is a response I will never forget and is typical of the actions I saw out of most of the officerss with which I came in conatact with during my ride-alongs.
I have been a small business owner for many decades and I have had my fair share of run-ins with people who have complained about my employees; some founded, most not. I feel Officer Williams is being wrongly portrayed by someone who obviously has a personal vendetta against him. I would highly recommend the CPA for those of you who really want to know how tough a job our officers have and what they deal with on a daily basis. I think most of you will find what my wife and I discovered - it takes a lot of restraint to be a police officer. God bless those of you who are!
Kacy

Hendersonville, TN

#55 Sep 23, 2011
Nah. that Mark Williams perv is a real fat ass.. like 350lbs or more!!
Watch out wrote:
Is this Williams guy a bodybuilder type? I had a run in with one that was a really big guy. Nothing physical, but he claimed I did pulled out in front of another car after I stopped on red recklessly. The other car actually stopped for the yellow light and never even came through the interesection. He claimed they almost ran into me. I didn't argue with him because of his size and I don't I normally wouldn't have, but he knew he was making that part up. Smirked at me about it when he came up with it even.
Observing

Johnson City, TN

#58 Jan 20, 2013
Watch out wrote:
Is this Williams guy a bodybuilder type? I had a run in with one that was a really big guy. Nothing physical, but he claimed I did pulled out in front of another car after I stopped on red recklessly. The other car actually stopped for the yellow light and never even came through the interesection. He claimed they almost ran into me. I didn't argue with him because of his size and I don't I normally wouldn't have, but he knew he was making that part up. Smirked at me about it when he came up with it even.
He is the Farthest thing from a Bodybuilder that a person could ever get. His head is the size of a 5 gallon bucket and I would guess him to be close to 400 pounds. Definitely the worst officer that I have ever encountered period. I can't believe that the new Chief allows this idiot to keep his job.
Your Honor

Chatsworth, GA

#59 Jan 20, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/johnson-city-...

is another link on Topix where there is another discusion going on about Mark Williams,Johnson City police office
AcquaintanceMetr o

Johnson City, TN

#60 Jun 13, 2013
IMHO Mark Williams personally isn't a bad guy per se. As a LEO he is however a badge heavy liar in my own opinion. No he is not a bodybuilder. He is a fairly overweight dark skinned tall handsome individual. He is always right, its always his way or the highway. When I knew him, he was demeaning to people and a bigot. He always stuck his neck out for himself before others on a personal level, I don't know as a LEO. I am not writing this to demean anyone. My point is, Police are just like you and I accept they have certain powers to infringe on our civil rights in my opinion. You have good ones and you have bad ones. I will pray for Mr. Williams and his family. Have a blessed day!
Realist

Shelbyville, TN

#61 Jun 21, 2013
IF YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND I MEAN REALLY KNOW YOUR RIGHTS=========YOU WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH POLICE.

Geez. People are just stupid and think they even have to speak to the police. YOU DONT!!!!
Ltn-u-c

La Vergne, TN

#62 Jan 26, 2014
Mark Williams johnson city tn????He is a pig likes to perform illegal searches and then try to throw the book at you. You can bet if he arrests you then you will get a mandatory disorderly conduct charge plus wherever else he can come up with. I'm not talking about the fat one. I think this guys dad was a cop too. He likes to act like mr detective however you can honestly tell by his grammar that he barely has a high school education. Way too stupid for college he will be a street cop kissing the captains, judges, and his news reporter friends ass till the day the good lord says no thanks.
Hmm

Charlotte, NC

#63 Jan 26, 2014
Get over it
Watch out

Johnson City, TN

#64 Jan 26, 2014
That traffic cop Tranbarger keeps it safe around ETSU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluff City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) 13 min _Zoey_ 2,402
Wetlands Water Park is a Big Ripoff (Jun '11) 14 min Meathead 62
Rivers Edge Fellowship 28 min True Patriot 4
Rivers Edge in Elizabethton a cult? 34 min Save Etown 4
Dentists in Elizabethton (Jul '11) 1 hr Nina 21
Butterfly 3 hr Butterfly 2
Jeannie kay mitchell 9 hr Btown 3

Bluff City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance