Johnson City Police Traffic Cops

Posted in the Bluff City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Repo Man

Summerville, GA

#1 Sep 22, 2010
I would like to see post of people who have had problems with Traffic police and traffic court in Johnson City. I have been observing it for about two months and I am seeing some officers that always show up in the court room that are disputed everytime in the same way from the defendant, Lets see who our public has had problems with. It is a good thing to know that the city judge sees through these certain officers.
Danesgold

Summerville, GA

#2 Sep 23, 2010
I;ve been pulled over several times in J.C. the last four years. There was a legitimate reason each time- once I had a tailight out. I was advised to repair the light and the ticket would be dismissed- it was.

Obey the traffic laws and you'll probably not have any problems in J.C.
Just Me

Johnson City, TN

#3 Sep 23, 2010
I got stopped for speeding and the officer was extremely nice. He said he was cutting me a break and only issuing me a brake light ticket which if I fixed it then it would be dismissed. I totaled my car a few days later and they still dismissed my ticket. JCPD officers are some of the most respectful and caring police officers in the entire tri city area. More than I can say for some other cities near-by. I agree obey the traffic laws and you wont be stopped.
Megan W

Mount Juliet, TN

#4 Sep 23, 2010
The biggest liar on the JC Police force is Mark Williams.. He will pull you over without probable cause then just try and find something to cite you for.. If there is nothing legitimate to cite you for, he will make something up. Then if you contest it in court, he will lie under oath.. He is the epitome of Fat, Lazy, Lying ass cops. He gives all the good cops a very bad name.
Repo Man

Summerville, GA

#5 Sep 23, 2010
Megan W wrote:
The biggest liar on the JC Police force is Mark Williams.. He will pull you over without probable cause then just try and find something to cite you for.. If there is nothing legitimate to cite you for, he will make something up. Then if you contest it in court, he will lie under oath.. He is the epitome of Fat, Lazy, Lying ass cops. He gives all the good cops a very bad name.
He is one of the officers that I have observed in court . anyone else had a problem with him.
Repo Question

Summerville, GA

#6 Sep 23, 2010
Repo Man wrote:
<quoted text>
He is one of the officers that I have observed in court . anyone else had a problem with him.
Interesting that you have a Shelbyville address also.
Are you connected to the Internet off my wireless router?
Repo Man

Summerville, GA

#7 Sep 23, 2010
I am in Johnson City. No idea why it shows up as Shelbyville. Maybe we both have the same provider.
Mine is charter
RichardS

Mount Juliet, TN

#8 Sep 24, 2010
That bastard Mark Williams pulled me over and wrote me several citations which were all bullshit and dismissed in court. I'd sure like to catch him out somewhere without his backup and see just how tough he really is.
Repo Man

Summerville, GA

#9 Sep 29, 2010
Any one else had problems with office Mark Williams of the Johnson City Police department or other officers. also we are looking for any experience.
Repo Man

Summerville, GA

#10 Sep 29, 2010
Megan W wrote:
Seems like you have had a bad experience with him. What happened!I agree with you that there are many good cops and I have seen them at work. Its that "one bad apple theory" Did he make something up on you ?
Impressed

Deltona, FL

#11 Sep 30, 2010
I haven't had many run-ins with the JCP, but I did get pulled over the other day by the nicest cop I've ever met. I think his name was T. Sparks...He was very kind and helpful, and because I just moved here, he was very informative about how TN does things(Which is ass-backwards by the way). If I had to get pulled over again, I'm praying it will the the same officer(fat chance) or someone with the same demeanor.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#12 Sep 30, 2010
In all fairness, I was on the way to Eliz a couple of hours ago and saw the cop that was normally running radar turn his lights on and go across the median to help an elderly gentleman that was having car trouble.

They're not ALL bad. In fact, a majority of them are good.
Repo Man

Summerville, GA

#13 Sep 30, 2010
Independent wrote:
In all fairness, I was on the way to Eliz a couple of hours ago and saw the cop that was normally running radar turn his lights on and go across the median to help an elderly gentleman that was having car trouble.
They're not ALL bad. In fact, a majority of them are good.
I would agree with you on the majority are good. Maybe the bad apples will get cooked. There is a new downtown policeman who is a great asset to the force.

“Tiny and his stump.”

Since: Oct 10

Jonesborough

#14 Oct 3, 2010
Richard, Repo, and Megan:

I have dealt with Ofc. Mark Williams on very many occasions throughout my security work. He is the most honest police officer that I know of. It sounds like things just didn't go your way in court and you were a bit upset. Also, elaborate on how he didn't have probable cause in pulling you over. I'm curious to know the details. I have dealt with some real pricks in the law enforcement field, but he hasn't been one of them.
Repo Man

Summerville, GA

#15 Oct 4, 2010
I have never been up against him in court.I have just been watching the city court and it seems to me that people are confirming what i see in court. He is not the only one that I have seen problems with. I am sure in the "security busineess" there might be a different image of many of the officers.
I also whould like to know the probable cause thing from Richard!!! Megans reply seems much more personal not like a ticket writing. What do you say Megan?
SystemsGuru

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Oct 4, 2010
My wife and I participated in the JCPD Citizen's Police Academy and had the opportunity to ride with an officer who is on the same platoon as Officer Williams. We were highly impressed with all members of the police department but we distinctly remember responding to a call with Officer Williams involving a domestic incident where children were present. What impressed us most about the call was his professional demeanor.

Officer Williams was verbally attacked by the "husband" almost continuously throughout the call, being called names I would not even know how to spell, much less repeat on this forum. After the husband was arrested for assaulting the female participant, I questioned Officer Williams on his restraint in those type situations. Officer Williams replied something to the effect, "I would never attempt to demean someone in front of their children, no matter how abusive they are acting towards me." That is a response I will never forget and is typical of the actions I saw out of most of the officerss with which I came in conatact with during my ride-alongs.

I have been a small business owner for many decades and I have had my fair share of run-ins with people who have complained about my employees; some founded, most not. I feel Officer Williams is being wrongly portrayed by someone who obviously has a personal vendetta against him. I would highly recommend the CPA for those of you who really want to know how tough a job our officers have and what they deal with on a daily basis. I think most of you will find what my wife and I discovered - it takes a lot of restraint to be a police officer. God bless those of you who are!
Bart Simpson

United States

#17 Oct 4, 2010
RichardS wrote:
That bastard Mark Williams pulled me over and wrote me several citations which were all bullshit and dismissed in court. I'd sure like to catch him out somewhere without his backup and see just how tough he really is.

Poor Poor Richard S.,
You are really showing your stupidity in making such a statement. You might find that he is a lot tougher and operates with a lot less restrant than he does in uniform. There is only two ways it would end. One you would end up in jail with many lumps and contusions or two you would end up very dead very quickly. They do not get paid to get hurt or killed.
Repo Man

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Oct 5, 2010
This is not a conversation about Williams. Read the starting post and lets keep it going. Lets here about good and bad of toher officers.
Local Resident

Johnson City, TN

#19 Oct 8, 2010
That Ward guy can be a horse's butt.
Justpassingthrou gh

Nashville, TN

#20 Oct 18, 2010
I was pulled over on Boone's Creek Rd, on my way to school, I was speeding, but definitely not the speed he said I was traveling. The officer said I was travelling 56 mph in a 40 mph zone. I have noticed my speed on that road and I consistently drive around 45-50mph, which is still breaking the speed limit, and thus the law. I had my radar detector on and it never went off, I never even noticed the officer until his pulled up behind me while I was turning onto the on-ramp to I-26. Incidents like this make me not trust the local traffic enforcement officers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluff City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Place to get massage in Johnson City Tn or... (Jan '11) 27 min Jeff ccsd 55
Drugs Are Bad 1 hr Garth the Hick 2
help 2 hr Garth the Hick 19
So Long illegals! 3 hr Grape of Wrath 66
L M Gringstaff taking Mathes to court ! (May '13) 9 hr Facts not fiction 102
Tattoos in Pigeon Forge (Oct '08) 12 hr Homeless Outlawed 60
Aspen Dental... Have You Had Any Problems There? (May '16) 14 hr Jonny 4

Bluff City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bluff City Mortgages