Puppy murdered and witnessed by child

Posted in the Bluff City Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Tucker

White Pine, TN

#1 Jan 28, 2013
I am writing this in regards to a story a friend told me about her friend in order to get feedback and advice.
Yesterday the girls son let his puppy out in the yard to pee, the girl and her youngest son watched it out the window at the puppy playing. Her neighbor who is a relative as well walked up his yard pistol in hand and shot their dog in its own yard. I know several people told her he can't discharge a weapon towards a dwelling I feel there is animal cruelty and distress on that poor child that witnessed that. She did report it to police and officers advised her to follow up at clerks office before realizing the puppy was shot in its own yards making it criminal. Would love to hear from humane society and maybe ASPCA members regarding her rights and maybe child welfare regarding the distress on the child. I will relay any info to my friend so that she may relay to the victim
Tucker

White Pine, TN

#2 Jan 28, 2013
Also was just advised the shooter grabbed the dog on his four wheeler and sped into the woods and threw the dog out not knowing if it was dead or alive. The girls older son is 13 he went into the woods to try to find his dog to bring it home to bury it. I know that brings a sad scene to mind I'm sorry but the shooter advised he will press charges upon the child for trespassing if he continued onto his property in search of his puppy. The dog was eventually retrieved and returned an hour later by a family member of the shooter the dog was still warm meaning he may have been alive when disgarded by the murderer.
Well

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 28, 2013
If the police did not realize it was shot in it's own yard, call again, make sure that is one of the fist things said. Make sure it is known how close to the house, everything. Tell them the person wants to file a complaint, they have to come out. No choice.

Personally I'd have another "family member" take him around back and administer some punishment until he went to the child on hand and knee begging forgiveness.
CruelWorld

Sevierville, TN

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Well since Im trying to live right for God. It would be wrong to say take that idiot out in his yard and show him what it feels like....SO therefore I will just say check with the law to see if charges can be placed on the man for using a gun on the dog owners property infront of her kids. Thats wreckless endangerment of a child if you ask me. I would also tell the police if this matter is not handled with charges placed on that idiot (oops)...that the news ch11 WILL be contacted and then they (cops) can explain to them why idiots (oops again) are allowed to wave guns around like a toy infront of children and teach them violence. MAKE SURE they contact the news if nothing is done. And yes I would take my children to see a counsler because it was a pet they loved. Thank you for being a good friend to that person and trying to help them. Their lucky to have you. God bless you all.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Shoot the shooter & throw him out in the woods!

Dont listen to me!!!
Oopsi

White Pine, TN

#6 Jan 28, 2013
Just heard the child that was winess to this has a n uncle who is a reporter on wjhl just may be seeing it on there
really

Abingdon, VA

#7 Jan 28, 2013
I wouldn't think you would be allowed to just shoot a dog even if it wandered into your own yard to pee. If this piece of garbage had shot my dog they would be finding his carcass in the woods.
Animal Lover

Telford, TN

#8 Jan 28, 2013
You can ONLY shoot a dog if it is on YOUR property and it is ATTACKING a human being! Not another animal, but attacking a HUMAN!! This I know is the law in Carter County. I have been down this road before with a neighbor who shot at my dogs and injured one of them, but not severely. I did call the police and that is what I was told. Since the dog was roughly ok, the police went to the neighbors house and informed him that he could NOT shoot at the dogs just because they were on his property. By the way, these were two Brittany Spaniels that wouldn't hurt a fly!! He was just a mean ole person!! Call Nate Moribito at WJHL and have him get things rolling. This person needs to be punished for doing this!!
Well

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jan 28, 2013
Animal Lover wrote:
You can ONLY shoot a dog if it is on YOUR property and it is ATTACKING a human being! Not another animal, but attacking a HUMAN!! This I know is the law in Carter County. I have been down this road before with a neighbor who shot at my dogs and injured one of them, but not severely. I did call the police and that is what I was told. Since the dog was roughly ok, the police went to the neighbors house and informed him that he could NOT shoot at the dogs just because they were on his property. By the way, these were two Brittany Spaniels that wouldn't hurt a fly!! He was just a mean ole person!! Call Nate Moribito at WJHL and have him get things rolling. This person needs to be punished for doing this!!
Not entirely correct. If it is attacking livestock you have your right to defend with deadly force. I had it happen, but exercised control because it was the owners fault for having a dog at large. But to shoot one just because it wanders in the yard? No.
CruelWorld

Sevierville, TN

#10 Jan 28, 2013
I had a dog coming into my yard growling at my kid and when I ask the cops what to do about it, they told me to shoot it if I felt it was going to bite my kid....But I think there should be a law where you cant harm an animal if its in its OWN yard.
Oopsi

White Pine, TN

#11 Jan 28, 2013
It was shot in the owners yard not the shooters which doesn't matter anyway in Tn u can not shoot another's dog without cause. The dog must pose immediate danger. This was a puppy. I saw the photo on Facebook. According to tn law u can not kill a persons pet doing so essentially deprived the owner of the pet which statutes theft. He will definitely have to pay fines and restitution to the owner and its at their discretion how much their dog is worth to them. He will also be placed on probation. If the owners value the dog at more than 500 which I'm sure they do it is a felony and this dog murderer will no longer have a gun to kill dogs. I also think it is illegal to fire a gun near a house right?
Lana

White Pine, TN

#12 Jan 28, 2013
That man is pathetic. I think I know who he is. I know his wife. My husband works with one of her um friends at the station
really

Abingdon, VA

#13 Jan 28, 2013
Lets see the names if people know who it is
idk

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Jan 28, 2013
That's so sad. The law needs to be notified and Channel 11. BOTH!!! Poor kid. Its so sad that one man's stupid actions will scar the child the rest of its life. There is a special place waiting for people like him. Erg!!!!!!!
Poppy

Tucker, GA

#16 Jan 28, 2013
idk wrote:
That's so sad. The law needs to be notified and Channel 11. BOTH!!! Poor kid. Its so sad that one man's stupid actions will scar the child the rest of its life. There is a special place waiting for people like him. Erg!!!!!!!
They did call the law and I saw on the owners facebook that he has a family member that is a reporter on channel 11
Jon

Linville, NC

#19 Jan 29, 2013
Going armed to the terror of the public and trespassing.
Lowdown

White Pine, TN

#20 Jan 29, 2013
The guys property connects to the owners. He was standing in his own yard and shot onto their property
really

Abingdon, VA

#21 Jan 29, 2013
What a piece of shit this guy is...
sickening

Johnson City, TN

#22 Jan 29, 2013
I'm glad someone told who this POS name is, he needs the crap beat out of him as far as I'm concerned, let him see how it feels to be mistreated! I hope the owner of the puppy will press charges against him for trespassing, shooting a firearm onto their property, and compensation for the puppy! It's pretty sad when you have to shoot innocent animals that pose no threat to you and he needs to be held responsible!I'm sure he$$ has a hot spot waiting on this one!
really

Abingdon, VA

#24 Jan 29, 2013
So nobody has gone to the cops still???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluff City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Life Praise and Worship 10 min billy 2
Red Pig 27 min This guy 3
The truth (Feb '13) 58 min Tanya 13
Chris Garland or Chris Nelson step Brothers? 1 hr billy 2
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 1 hr emfc leader 4,770
Eddie Simerly admits guilt....now a convicted c... (Feb '09) 1 hr Just asking 155
wussywover 2 hr billy 2

Bluff City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bluff City Mortgages