Swinging Bridge near Pratts Store

Swinging Bridge near Pratts Store

Posted in the Bluff City Forum

Becky

Athens, TN

#1 Jul 20, 2006
I have been trying to find out info about the swinging bridge in Bluff City,TN near what used to be Pratts Store. I am looking for the date of the original bridge? Date new bridge was completed? I have found out it was named in memory of Nellie Pratt. I hope someone can help.
chris

AOL

#2 Aug 1, 2006
try calling the bluff city library. or city hall. thats the easiest way to find out. [email protected]
chris

AOL

#3 Aug 1, 2006
try city hall or the bluff city library. [email protected]
chris

AOL

#4 Aug 1, 2006
Becky wrote:
I have been trying to find out info about the swinging bridge in Bluff City,TN near what used to be Pratts Store. I am looking for the date of the original bridge? Date new bridge was completed? I have found out it was named in memory of Nellie Pratt. I hope someone can help.
try bluff city library or city hall. [email protected]
Cherokee Princess

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Aug 3, 2008
Becky wrote:
Umm, hate to inform you but:
A) it's not in TN it's in UT
B) it WAS over the river, try looking there...
jojo

United States

#6 Sep 28, 2008
hey stupid i live near it and walk across it all the time
Iwonderalot

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Mar 29, 2010
jojo wrote:
hey stupid i live near it and walk across it all the time
Was your smart assed remark necessary?
see ya

Bristol, TN

#8 Apr 27, 2010
Iwonderalot wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your smart assed remark necessary?
well was your smart ass remark necessary.mine is to let you know a little thing called freedom of speach.so now are you still glad that you voted for king obama

Since: Apr 10

Franklin, NC

#9 Apr 27, 2010
become a fan of bluff city on facebook. they have some pictures of the old bridge. and guys seriously this aint 3rd grade dont be inmature dumbasses. this is a post about a piece of history. and whats a person from utah doing talking about our bridge. yes its in tennessee. i guess you have your own bridge, so go talk about it elsewhere. every damn post has to turn into a verbal smackdown for no reason. becky just needed some info on the bridge not a stupid fight. go start another thread if you want too. but this aint the place to be impolite and rude to others.

Since: Apr 10

Franklin, NC

#10 Apr 27, 2010
but i do agree with jojo. this is tennessee not utah why are you here?
railrider

Bristol, TN

#11 May 31, 2010
Becky wrote:
Great pic's in B. C. library....
Randy Boone

United States

#12 Feb 27, 2013
The bridge has been there at least since the 40s, Nellie Pratt, was my grandmother. My walked across the bridge going into Bluff City to school back in early 40s. I remember when some of the steps were missing. We used to jump off in river when I was younger. Grandmaw Pratt always wanted the bridge to be fixed. I think I have some very old pictures of it. Ps there was at one time a small dam (about 3to 4 feet high below the swinging bridge) right before the railroad bridge. My uncles & I spent many, many hours playing on and under the bridge. I'm very glad the bridge was named after my Grandmaw, NELLIE PRATT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluff City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girls that have had a threesome (Jun '13) 1 hr Simon 105
Boones Creek School 2 hr Watch your kids 4
Josh Scalf is a con artist 2 hr Simon 29
BURGER HUT in Stoney Creek (Jan '12) 2 hr Simon 113
Gwendolyn's House (Sep '10) 3 hr Crystal archer 90
total family medicine/grace internal medicine (Dec '15) 3 hr someone with know... 18
Claude John Robinson and Melinda Lee Buchanan 10 hr Someone he dated 16

Bluff City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bluff City Mortgages