Some Consider US 11E In Bluff City, T...

Some Consider US 11E In Bluff City, Tenn., A Speed Trap

There are 96 comments on the News Channel 11 story from Mar 10, 2008, titled Some Consider US 11E In Bluff City, Tenn., A Speed Trap. In it, News Channel 11 reports that:

“There's so many cars that come through this little area.”

BLUFF CITY, Tenn. Brandon Nichols was driving home from an early lunch in Bluff City in November when he was pulled over for driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone. via News Channel 11

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Channel 11.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wish I was a Lawyer

Piney Flats, TN

#88 Oct 6, 2010
HHH wrote:
<quoted text>
do the frigging limit. it aint rocket surgery
Naw, I will just pray they rot from the inside, thank-you.
big o

Bristol, TN

#90 Oct 7, 2010
bluff city tn is a speed trap
maggiesretarded

High Point, NC

#91 Oct 11, 2010
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
what in the hell are you talking about? the only stupidity i see here is yours
Oh yeah ?
Maggie

Johnson City, TN

#92 Oct 16, 2010
maggiesretarded wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yeah ?
yeah
Little lady

United States

#93 Dec 31, 2010
Going thru the speed trap every one was putting on there brakes a accident to happen
Barney Rubble

Johnson City, TN

#94 Jan 1, 2011
Bluff City is a town run by people who clearly lack foresight. Instead, its leaders have resorted to profitting from people's mistakes (speed traps in a four-lane highway zone that was clearly designed for cars to move faster than 45 miles per hour) instead of trying to attract business and innovation to their town. They are blind to their own resources, a location that bridges Bristol and Johnson City, and opportunities for future growth.

The small-minded people who run the city can only see the short-term revenue gains from a speed trap that only encourages people to avoid the area altogether. It doesn't matter whether it is catching speeders or not -- it is sending an unspoken message to people who do not live in the region.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#95 Jan 1, 2011
Chipperi wrote:
The problem is it slows from 55 to 45 with no "reduce speed ahead" signs and within about a mile it picks back up to 55 again. Yes its a trap and usually 2 Bluff City Police cars are sitting at the Chevron on the corner of 11E and Allison every morning which is Piney Flats. But no one of importance in Bluff City cares they are too busy fighting, arguing, disagreeing, and trying to get recall elections. Its time to replace them all.
There does happen to be signs notifying you that photo enforcement is taking place and then there are the speed limit signs. That is all that is necessary.
Maggie

Johnson City, TN

#96 Jan 1, 2011
Barney Rubble wrote:
Bluff City is a town run by people who clearly lack foresight. Instead, its leaders have resorted to profitting from people's mistakes (speed traps in a four-lane highway zone that was clearly designed for cars to move faster than 45 miles per hour) instead of trying to attract business and innovation to their town. They are blind to their own resources, a location that bridges Bristol and Johnson City, and opportunities for future growth.
The small-minded people who run the city can only see the short-term revenue gains from a speed trap that only encourages people to avoid the area altogether. It doesn't matter whether it is catching speeders or not -- it is sending an unspoken message to people who do not live in the region.
proffiting from mistakes? theres freaking signs!! if people can't read a road sign they really shouldn't be operating any kind of vehicle. speeding is not a mistake. it is stupidity and whoever breaks the law should pay the fine and stop boo hooing about it. or .......and here's a really neat idea.......DO THE SPEED LIMIT!
Barney Rubble

Johnson City, TN

#97 Jan 1, 2011
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
proffiting from mistakes? theres freaking signs!! if people can't read a road sign they really shouldn't be operating any kind of vehicle. speeding is not a mistake. it is stupidity and whoever breaks the law should pay the fine and stop boo hooing about it. or .......and here's a really neat idea.......DO THE SPEED LIMIT!
Four-lane highways like the one located on 11E are designed for faster speeds than 45 miles per hour, and all this revenue-raising speed trap reflects is the small-minded mentality of the area.

Speeding is stupidity? No, driving like a frickin' snail in the overtaking lane while working people are actually trying to get somewhere is stupidity!

Here's a better idea: if that old Chevette, crappy Honda or Kia, Chevy Vega, Pinto or pickup truck cannot keep up with the pace of traffic, simply don't drive it on the public roads. Shazam!
Maggie

Johnson City, TN

#98 Jan 2, 2011
Barney Rubble wrote:
<quoted text>
Four-lane highways like the one located on 11E are designed for faster speeds than 45 miles per hour, and all this revenue-raising speed trap reflects is the small-minded mentality of the area.
Speeding is stupidity? No, driving like a frickin' snail in the overtaking lane while working people are actually trying to get somewhere is stupidity!
Here's a better idea: if that old Chevette, crappy Honda or Kia, Chevy Vega, Pinto or pickup truck cannot keep up with the pace of traffic, simply don't drive it on the public roads. Shazam!
it's NOT the interstate DUH! there's too much traffic entering and leaving the hwy. for the speed limit to be higher.
hows this for an idea.....get up and leave for work and allow yourself time to get there. it's really not that hard.
Maggie

Johnson City, TN

#99 Jan 3, 2011
well it looks like barney figured out the judge it button and didn't like my bright idea of allowing plenty of time to get to work!! LMAO!
WTF

High Point, NC

#100 Jan 4, 2011
Maggie wrote:
well it looks like barney figured out the judge it button and didn't like my bright idea of allowing plenty of time to get to work!! LMAO!
Yep , your still retarded maggie ! LMAO
Maggie

Johnson City, TN

#101 Jan 4, 2011
WTF wrote:
<quoted text> Yep , your still retarded maggie ! LMAO
LOL! you hurt my feelings. i'm gonna loose sleep now!!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#102 May 31, 2012
Just a big loser trap for this worthless little backassed dust bowl town.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#103 May 31, 2012
Another little pathetic backassed barney town with a speed trap
Loves TN

Johnson City, TN

#104 Jun 25, 2012
I'm not sure the cameras really help solve the speeding problem. I've watched many drivers slow down around the cameras and then start speeding again when past the cameras.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluff City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooters garage (May '09) 36 min Mark 11
The idiot with the Confederate Battle Flag (May '14) 51 min Guest 100
Doctorate degree given to child abusers? Jarrod... 1 hr Oh my 3
Jarrod Adams is evil. 1 hr Oh my 2
Gas Tax 1 hr steve G 2
wjhl prize patrol? 2 hr steve G 3
christina Vella (Apr '14) 2 hr doucher 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bluff City Mortgages