Some Consider US 11E In Bluff City, T...

Some Consider US 11E In Bluff City, Tenn., A Speed Trap

There are 96 comments on the News Channel 11 story from Mar 10, 2008, titled Some Consider US 11E In Bluff City, Tenn., A Speed Trap. In it, News Channel 11 reports that:

“There's so many cars that come through this little area.”

BLUFF CITY, Tenn. Brandon Nichols was driving home from an early lunch in Bluff City in November when he was pulled over for driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone. via News Channel 11

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Channel 11.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Grandma

Bristol, TN

#1 Mar 11, 2008
Don't speed and you won't get a ticket. I live in Bluff City, and I appreciate our little police department. The speeders are out of control on 11E and 19E so I say, get the ticket book out smokey and keep on writing.
Maggie

White Pine, TN

#2 Mar 12, 2008
amen grandma!
my two cents

Bristol, VA

#3 Mar 12, 2008
yea, it annoy's me when folks call it a speed trap....HELLO the speed limit is posted!!! If you don't want a ticket, guess what...DON'T SPEED
Maggie

Crossville, TN

#4 Mar 12, 2008
my two cents wrote:
yea, it annoy's me when folks call it a speed trap....HELLO the speed limit is posted!!! If you don't want a ticket, guess what...DON'T SPEED
that's just the problem with some people. don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.
Answers

Bristol, TN

#5 Jul 29, 2008
Let me see, doing 60 in a CLEARLY marked 45 mph zone??? Why is that a SPEED trap? Sounds more like reckless driving to me... Pay the ticket and SLOW down next time.
Chipperi

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 31, 2008
The problem is it slows from 55 to 45 with no "reduce speed ahead" signs and within about a mile it picks back up to 55 again. Yes its a trap and usually 2 Bluff City Police cars are sitting at the Chevron on the corner of 11E and Allison every morning which is Piney Flats. But no one of importance in Bluff City cares they are too busy fighting, arguing, disagreeing, and trying to get recall elections. Its time to replace them all.
Love the Beach

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 1, 2008
Some of you must admit, that there are areas especially in CC, where the speed limit is to low. I guess what I'm trying to say is, why build a 5 lane highway and put the speed limit at 40?
Maggie

Huntingdon, TN

#8 Aug 1, 2008
Chipperi wrote:
The problem is it slows from 55 to 45 with no "reduce speed ahead" signs and within about a mile it picks back up to 55 again. Yes its a trap and usually 2 Bluff City Police cars are sitting at the Chevron on the corner of 11E and Allison every morning which is Piney Flats. But no one of importance in Bluff City cares they are too busy fighting, arguing, disagreeing, and trying to get recall elections. Its time to replace them all.
i don't know if theres a sign there or not about reduced speed but i drive that way almost everyday and i know the speed limit. if someone is not from the area and don't have sense enough to read the speed limit signs i guess i can understand. but people that live and drive these roads are just using the lack of the reduced sign as an excuse.
Love the Beach

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 1, 2008
If there are no signs warning about a reduced speed. That IS a speed trap.
Love the Beach

Johnson City, TN

#10 Aug 2, 2008
I have a question that is twisting my g-string, would a speed trap and a venus fly trap be classified as an actual trap or would it be classified as a luring polarizing entrapment?

Since: Jul 08

USA

#11 Aug 2, 2008
Love the Beach wrote:
I have a question that is twisting my g-string, would a speed trap and a venus fly trap be classified as an actual trap or would it be classified as a luring polarizing entrapment?
From now on I will be logged in when I post. If you see it like the above post , you will know that it isn't me.Take your g-string and cram it down your throat.
bad trip

Johnson City, TN

#12 Aug 2, 2008
Love the Beach wrote:
What the crap are you talking about, You may love the beach, but you need to take it easy on the drugs.
Will e pea ter

Johnson City, TN

#13 Aug 2, 2008
Love the beach wrote:
<quoted text> From now on I will be logged in when I post. If you see it like the above post , you will know that it isn't me.Take your g-string and cram it down your throat.
I do believe it is time you shut your big mouth. All you do is gripe. Do you have no other life?

USA

#14 Aug 2, 2008
bad trip wrote:
<quoted text>
What the crap are you talking about, You may love the beach, but you need to take it easy on the drugs.
Screw you.

USA

#15 Aug 2, 2008
Will e pea ter wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe it is time you shut your big mouth. All you do is gripe. Do you have no other life?
Join the other poster and screw you too.
Will e pea ter

Johnson City, TN

#16 Aug 2, 2008
hlol
speeding

Bristol, VA

#17 Apr 29, 2009
It not the speeding but the cameras. The ticket does'nt go on your driving record. It's just for Money!!!!!!!
Howie

Bristol, TN

#18 Apr 30, 2009
Where exactly are they planning to put these things?
osha

Charlotte, NC

#19 May 1, 2009
I believe the cameras will cause more accidents. Thats the case in a lot of places they have been installed. People watching the cameras instead of the road. I had a car to back into me in johnson city because they were afraid to go on thru the camera. people will cross in front of others to hide their tag number sometimes causing accidents.
thinktank

Charlotte, NC

#20 May 1, 2009
I believe osha is right someone could get killed because of the cameras. thats why the govenor of north carolina made them ilegal in the state of north carolina. they need to find another way to solve the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluff City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 7 min yes 124
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) 17 min _Zoey_ 2,356
LGBT and now Q? 27 min Jon 100
Kimberly Babb? 31 min yep 2
Eddie witten 1 hr dtrema 4
2 dudes gaming! 3 hr A Girl 2
7 Hermano's 4 hr maddy2401 3

Bluff City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance