dish network bluefield,wv
wva

Huntington, IN

#21 Jan 21, 2011
I just started when they call u back you will b put in a training class for five weeks they go through everything ur goin to do on the floorthe pay is good and so r the hours... Good luck! Btw everywhere u go its blacks and whites tht work there but ur not there for them ur there to get a pay check so dnt let them turn u away from any job!!!
excited

Albany, NY

#22 Jan 22, 2011
OK good do u know when they will or if they will do a drug test? And what do u do on the first day. When you move out on the floor do u have your own desk or do you have to share. And what about headsets do u get new ones or how do they do that. Thank you
coach

Bluefield, WV

#23 Jan 22, 2011
excited wrote:
OK good do u know when they will or if they will do a drug test? And what do u do on the first day. When you move out on the floor do u have your own desk or do you have to share. And what about headsets do u get new ones or how do they do that. Thank you
U ask way to many questions! I'm gonna tell hr and tell not to hire you for being annoying! And I'm gonna tell them you can't pass a drug test because your on topix asking THE WORLD about when it is !
excited

Albany, NY

#24 Jan 22, 2011
Let me tell u something I have never done drugs and never desire to. So really I could care less if they test me. Cause I know I have nothing to worry about. I have worked in one call center for over 10 years so yes I know What its like to work In A call center. I'm just trying to get the feel of dish. But thank you for answering my question you were so so helpful. LOL. There are people like you in every call center. Who think they know if all.
town

Princeton, WV

#25 Jan 22, 2011
Excited you did ask tooooo many questions, but never got the answer about the insurance///loved your comeback on coach LOLOLOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL
excited

United States

#26 Jan 25, 2011
LOL your right my question never got an anwser about insurance Ohhhh well guess I will wait till I start work.
town

Princeton, WV

#27 Jan 25, 2011
are those women that got caught for embezzment still working there..robbed the credit union
what

Bluefield, WV

#28 Jan 25, 2011
Who
grad

Princeton, WV

#29 Jan 25, 2011
rebekah
pam
dish employee

Hughesville, MD

#30 Jan 26, 2011
i just started there I think dish is going to be a great place to work about the pay it depends on your testing and your experience the insurance is good 80/20 goes in effect after 60 days and depending on which plan you choose you will have a deductible i think mine is like 250.00 dental vision 401k is good as well. you will hear bad things about every job but it is what you make of it. so i hope my info has been helpful to you if you have anymore questions just ask hope you got the job
coach

Rupert, WV

#31 Jan 26, 2011
There insurance is cigna and it sucks bigtime! They try to deny claims and fight everything
dish employee

Hughesville, MD

#32 Jan 26, 2011
well at least it is some type of insurance most places does not even off it so it is a good thing that they offer it
Ex-Employee

Marion, VA

#33 Jan 26, 2011
I worked at Dish for 2 years in all. Quit on them twice. The money is no comparison to the job; and I'm not talking about the abuse from customers because that's no biggie. I'm talking about the way the managers treat anyone who isn't their little pets. There are probably around 400 people working there now. They will put a lot of overtime on you. Making you work up to 12 hour days, and if your shift is a 12 hour day with 3 days off-like one of their shifts are-then you have to work at least 1 hour of overtime that day unless you wanna do 5 hours on your day off. It's pretty ridiculous.
nothin

Johnson City, TN

#34 Jan 26, 2011
excited wrote:
I don't care about black people I have black friends. They are American just as I am. And all I have done is call center work so I know what being cursed out is all about. I love calming customers down and resolving there issue for them. Can anyone please answer my question in my previous post. Thanks
They will call you to let you know what you will get paid then they will set you up for training. The training i believe is around 6 weeks after that you get on the phones by yourself
excited

The Plains, VA

#35 Jan 26, 2011
do you know how many ppl are in a training class and when you go out on the floor do you have to share your desk and headset of do you get your own
ex-employee

United States

#36 Jan 26, 2011
dish will drain your soul out it's horrible
dish employee

Capron, VA

#37 Jan 27, 2011
well at least its a job
want to know

Cambridge, MD

#38 Jan 30, 2011
does anyone know when there next training class is thanks
hmm

Natural Bridge, VA

#39 Sep 26, 2012
does anybody know when the next training class is , and is the pey still 10.25
True

Bluefield, WV

#40 Sep 27, 2012
Some people don't want a job, so they talk crap when others are interested in actually working.
dish employee wrote:
well at least its a job

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Letter Word Game (Nov '14) 29 min Princess Hey 14,048
Hecks, Taster Freeze, and Godfathers (Feb '17) 35 min Aunt Bea 20
L. W Ward bringing old posts up to hide ones ab... 52 min L W Ward 2
Game - Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Jul '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 15,478
Last Word as First (Nov '16) 1 hr Princess Hey 2,652
3 Word Game (Nov '16) 1 hr Princess Hey 2,439
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 12,042

Bluefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance