Big house at the corner of Bland and ...

Big house at the corner of Bland and College

Posted in the Bluefield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Your Pants Are Talking

United States

#1 Mar 14, 2012
Anybody know what is planned there? Private residence or business. Is it that Lisa lady who drives the white Cadillac SUV? Did she used to be married to Tommy Cole? She's got a nice body.
I KNOW

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 14, 2012
I am not sure but have heard it may be a bed&breakfast.....Many Many long years ago it was called The Whispering Pines Tourist Home.
LadyRedHat

United States

#3 Mar 14, 2012
They are doing a great job!!!:)
reali-TAY

Bluefield, WV

#4 Mar 14, 2012
Another bed and breakfast?

Have you seen the back and roof of the Diann-lee house?
It looks like its ready to fall in.
I KNOW

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 14, 2012
Yes-I have seen this as I walk in the wooded area behind there....that house was in real bad shape when it was purchased after a Mrs Ryan owned it...she never did any maintenance and while they did a good bit inside that roof definitely is bad.
This one at Bland IF it is a B&B is being totally restored and the Coles have the resources to do it right.
As for "another B&B" there is need for NICE QUALITY lodging here-even more so as the trailheads open up near here. The only "nice" motel is the Quality Inn on the hill and I am not sure how it is now....The one next to the paint store-Economy Inn should be torn or burned down it is not fit to stand let alone stay in-a dump of druggies and prostitutes that is a disgrace to everything.

Level 3

Since: Feb 12

Princeton, WV

#6 Mar 14, 2012
Comfort Inn isn't so bad, and it's a little cheaper than Quality Inn (not much), but it's all the way past Bluefield VA on the way to Tazewell.

As for the big house by Little Caesar's, someone told me the lady bought it as a private residence. But the one on Bland being turned into a B&B is great! This town could use a little class.
get a life

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Mar 15, 2012
get a life,ppl cant restore a home without others being nosey around here, pfttt,,, get a job and find some hobbies please. and im sure the dian lee house is nicer than anything u ppl are living in so dont diss it, unless u are living around Fincastle or some place like that.
I KNOW

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Mar 15, 2012
The house they are talking about is on the corner bordering College Av and Bland directly across from Little Caesers.I am not sure of the reason it was purchased however I HEARD it was going to be a B&B the lady that bought it lives up the street on Oakhurst...a nice B&B would be an asset.They are putting a lot of work into the place...am anxious to see when it is finished.
I am very happy someone is re doing the house and taking pride in restoring it.
HIi

Bedford, VA

#9 Mar 19, 2012
One of my friends sister is re-doin the old shott house "i think its on bland" anyways her and her husband live up around dc and is just doin it to have something to do becouse she grew up in blfd
hii

Bedford, VA

#10 Mar 19, 2012
and her name is lisa
I KNOW

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 19, 2012
Mike and Lisa Hopper (I think I spelled right) Purchased and are redoing the old Shott house it is at Bland and Memorial.They have a large family I think someone said they had planned on moving into the house sometime in 2012.I have met them.
nature boy

Bluefield, WV

#12 Mar 19, 2012
I KNOW wrote:
The house they are talking about is on the corner bordering College Av and Bland directly across from Little Caesers.I am not sure of the reason it was purchased however I HEARD it was going to be a B&B the lady that bought it lives up the street on Oakhurst...a nice B&B would be an asset.They are putting a lot of work into the place...am anxious to see when it is finished.
I am very happy someone is re doing the house and taking pride in restoring it.
Question is....who in the hell would want to stay at a Bed & Breakfast in that location??
I KNOW

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Mar 19, 2012
nature boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Question is....who in the hell would want to stay at a Bed & Breakfast in that location??
I as well have heard the same from others and it is right in a traffic intersection not the normal"serenity" one might expect from a B&B.
The guests will get to hear all the BOOM BOOM as the cars wait on the light-get to watch the idoit pizza boy dance to advertize the Hot&ready pizzas and on a nice still warm night they can hear and experience the "SOUNDS OF UNION &PRESTON ST.with all of it's DRAMA QUEENS,loud obnoxious RAP and the jumpin and jivin they surely provide---if the breeze is right they can smell the chicken cookin on the grills out on Preston and Eldridge in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET ahhhhh The BEDS will have free vibrating mattresses shakin to the BOOMP-BOOMP-BOOMP as the stereos pound on Union St- the excitement is in the hood below.
The house can be nice I like others just do not see the atmosphere for a B&B there.

Level 3

Since: Feb 12

Bluefield, WV

#14 Mar 19, 2012
Ah come on, it's not all that bad. Mostly a quiet place. Nice piece of sensationalist writing, though!
Candi

Staunton, VA

#15 Mar 20, 2012
I heard Dr. Goforth bought it for his daughter and is fixing it up.
hii

Bedford, VA

#16 Mar 20, 2012
I KNOW wrote:
Mike and Lisa Hopper (I think I spelled right) Purchased and are redoing the old Shott house it is at Bland and Memorial.They have a large family I think someone said they had planned on moving into the house sometime in 2012.I have met them.
yup thats it
MEH

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Mar 20, 2012
Why would anyone want to stay in Bluefield WV overnight?
railroaderone

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Mar 20, 2012
lisa cole is restoring it and is planning on resaling it.
Your Pants Are Talking

United States

#19 Mar 20, 2012
railroaderone wrote:
lisa cole is restoring it and is planning on resaling it.
Is she still married to Tommy? I thought she lived in about the third house on Oakhurst, and he lives further down. Didn't she used to be a cop a long time ago?
wrong

Bluefield, WV

#20 Mar 21, 2012
Bill Topp who owns Topps tv repair bought it.Why! we dont know yet. I know he cant keep his horses there.I am sure he has a good reason.Is he good friends with the Coles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word as First (Nov '16) 3 min SWAMP WITCH 3,213
Food Word Game (Feb '15) 8 min SWAMP WITCH 4,926
4 Letter Word Game (Nov '14) 9 min SWAMP WITCH 15,166
My cousin died and I was wondering if there are... (Jul '17) 23 min FuneralDJs 19
Carlos Ivy 1 hr Here for the skanks 9
Bluefield rescue squad 7 hr I Know 4
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 10 hr Jenna 12,969

Bluefield Jobs

Personal Finance

Bluefield Mortgages