Discuss Local Restaurants (Toaster's Favorites List Included)

Posted in the Bluefield Forum

Toaster

Bluefield, WV

#1 Feb 15, 2012
Do you agree with me on these, or do you prefer others? Discuss.

Mexican: La Fiesta by Walmart
Chinese: Tray King by Corner Mart
General: Macado's at Mercer Mall
Subs: PW's Hometown Bistro by Lowes
Italian: Italian Villa by Walmart
Burgers: Cotton's Drive-In in Bluefield, VA
Japanese: Kimono in Princeton (worth the drive), but the one by Lowe's isn't bad either
Buffet: Ryan's (gotta be selective with the food)
Indian: we don't have one anymore lol
Steak: Bob Evans. Don't believe me? Try it out.
Seafood: Mayflower in Bluefield, VA
Grinders: Bellacino's by Walmart
Fast Food: Wendy's chicken sandwiches all the way
I KNOW

Bluefield, VA

#2 Feb 15, 2012
I like Taste of Memphis B B Que in Princeton(worth the drive) and love Brandon's B B Que at Pipestem..( more than worth the drive).and if driving to Summers Co(it's worth the drive) you won't go wrong at Kirk's at Hinton-good food and have outdoor patio by the river for those that like that.
Cotton's burgers are great and as well those at Double Gates grocery and their hot dogs as well...freshly ground beef and homemade chili mmmmmm
The Mayflower does have good seafoods and close in ...
Will

Princeton, WV

#3 Feb 15, 2012
The Mayflower seafood restaurant in Bluefield, VA is awesome!!! PWs Bistro has the best sandwiches and their chili bread bowl is delicious. My favorite sandwich is the PWs Club on wheat bread. LaFiesta has great Mexican food. I love their rice and burritos. If you like an old fashioned diner, The Last Fountain at New Graham Pharmacy in downtown Bluefield Virginia is good. Home cooked food. I love their grilled ham salad sandwiches.
Will

Princeton, WV

#4 Feb 15, 2012
I hear alot of people talking about the grocery store at Double Gates and about their fresh cut meat and hotdogs. Where is that? I work in Bluefield Virginia but am not sure where that place is.

Level 3

Since: Feb 12

Bluefield, WV

#5 Feb 16, 2012
I was really surprised by PW's Bistro. It's muuuuuuuuuch better than Quizno's was. The last sub I ordered at Quizno's was TERRIBLE. Had to give it back--couldn't even eat it.

Double Gates grocery does indeed have awesome chili. It's located very close to Graham High School. Google it or ask around, either should produce the exact location.
I KNOW

Bluefield, VA

#6 Feb 16, 2012
Double Gates Grocery is on Mt Lane towards East river mt from Graham HS.Their meats are prepared there she makes the chili and burgers from the fresh ground meats.When you turn onto Mt Lane(mountain side)from Graham the store is on the corner of the first left intersection.

Level 3

Bluefield, WV

#7 Feb 16, 2012
What do you guys think about Bellacino's? It's one of my favorite places to eat, but I wish it wasn't so expensive. The pizza is sometimes a little sloppy/greasy as well, but that's my only complaint, and their white pizza with chicken and onions (and whatever else you like on it) is amazing.
Jefferson

Montcalm, WV

#8 Feb 17, 2012
Bluefield doesnt have a top notch restaurant. Chain restaurants suck, same old same old. The only decent place to eat is Fincastle Country Club where Chef Rick puts out some masterpeices.

Level 3

Bluefield, WV

#9 Feb 17, 2012
Meh. Food is food. As long as it's tasty, I don't care about it being gourmet. Besides, I'm a kitchen appliance! I can make my own food! But...I am getting a little tired of toaster strudels...2
Please

New York, NY

#10 Feb 18, 2012
Mayflower sucks and so does PWs. Yuck

Level 3

Bluefield, WV

#11 Feb 18, 2012
Please wrote:
Mayflower sucks and so does PWs. Yuck
Can you at least elaborate on WHY? I'm not sure your opinion is based on fact. I've eaten delicious meals at both restaurants, frequently. Would you suggest somewhere different for seafood and subs?

Level 3

Bluefield, WV

#12 Feb 18, 2012
Lovely, Topix. I love it when you double post me.

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 18, 2012

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 18, 2012

Level 3

Bluefield, WV

#15 Feb 18, 2012
Thank you, Citizen! Very helpful to our discussion. Is anyone surprised by any of the scores?
Jefferson

Montcalm, WV

#16 Feb 19, 2012
Those ratings look pretty good to me.
Please

New York, NY

#17 Feb 19, 2012
Frozen seafood fried up straight outta the box just isn't my thing. I can do that myself at home.

Franks and Belacinos are much better than PWs. I really liked PWs at first but the last few times it just wasn't that good at all.
kim

Richlands, VA

#18 Feb 19, 2012
The Indian restaurant was so good. I wish we had it back and a Thai place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Letter Word Game 13 min popover 1,564
Have you been a victim of Ramey Motors? We can ... 17 min swimfan 21
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 51 min SWAMP WITCH 1,032
Game - Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Jul '11) 54 min SWAMP WITCH 4,029
Cop Block WV 5 hr The Watcher 1
Food Word Game 8 hr SWAMP WITCH 391
shawanda hunt (Jun '12) 9 hr 360Junkman 5
Bluefield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web