First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TNMike

Princeton, WV

#1 Oct 22, 2012
I have seen a lot of signs in the area from PTI saying Van Drivers Wanted and I have seen their vans all over the place. Does anyone know if PTI is a good company to work for? I need a good job at least until early next year, so could anyone give me any info? Thanks!
Depends

Bluefield, WV

#2 Oct 22, 2012
Well, its ok if you don't mind never knowing if you are going to get a run or not. With the railroad cutting off 200 employees and transferring them away from this area I doubt you gonna make any money. They are not easy to work for. Plus, unless they have changed the way they dispatch they will have you running all over the place and not enough time to get there. Their vans are nicer now but that's about the only good thing I can say about it.
hoowoo

Welch, WV

#3 Oct 24, 2012
dont do it
booyah boi'

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Oct 26, 2012
Volumes could be written about that outfit...it would be a mix of tragedy and comedy with a dash of intrigue.
They treat employees and local management like dogs. There are "leisure suit Larry" types from Indiana that like to go slumming in our area and try to bully people who are just trying to make some money.
The drivers are unionized...but have no idea who to contact with complaints.
If you have family or other loved ones, hobbies, interests, want to sleep or eat, or basically just want a LIFE, its best to seek employment elsewhere.
Heard mixed

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 26, 2012
Heard they were good but business has dropped off.
Former PTIer

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 27, 2012
Used to work part time... it wasn't bad..Pay was pretty decent.
booyah boi'

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Nov 2, 2012
Former PTIer wrote:
Used to work part time... it wasn't bad..Pay was pretty decent.
Really? Dear lord, what do you consider decent?
No way

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 3, 2012
Worked for them for two weeks. It wasn't worth it.
mana

Pineville, WV

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Stay away from PTI!! They are the worse company I've ever worked for. I only lasted 3 days with them because they will call you at 2 or 3 am in the morning and wake you up to take a crew. It sux!! You don't get paid by the hour but by the mile. They promise you they will pay you $700 every 2 weeks but that is a lie. After I quit, I had a hard collecting my 3 days pay from them. It took almost 2 months. They are a SCAM!!!
booyah boi'

Moneta, VA

#10 Feb 14, 2013
mana wrote:
Stay away from PTI!! They are the worse company I've ever worked for. I only lasted 3 days with them because they will call you at 2 or 3 am in the morning and wake you up to take a crew. It sux!! You don't get paid by the hour but by the mile. They promise you they will pay you $700 every 2 weeks but that is a lie. After I quit, I had a hard collecting my 3 days pay from them. It took almost 2 months. They are a SCAM!!!
Yes, they are!
thackman jay-ohn

Moneta, VA

#11 Feb 14, 2013
What does it take to shame a company or their management into doing the right or at least decent thing?
These people are evil. Their company feeds off the terrible economy we have here and brags about how replaceable people are.
I have a hatred for this bunch like you cannot imagine.
Good and loyal people are being used and treated like trash.
The pay scale is criminal. Whatever loop joke they are using to get by with this is embarrassing.
I know a handful of their people and the story is the same. The only way a job like this is ok is if you are retired and just want cash for spending. I could write a book about them low life's. I just wish WVVA or the Telegraph would do some investigation on them. It would be amazing And then maybe NS would step in.
booyah boi'

Moneta, VA

#12 Feb 14, 2013
thackman jay-ohn wrote:
What does it take to shame a company or their management into doing the right or at least decent thing?
These people are evil. Their company feeds off the terrible economy we have here and brags about how replaceable people are.
The pay scale is criminal. Whatever loop joke they are using to get by with this is embarrassing.
I know a handful of their people and the story is the same. The only way a job like this is ok is if you are retired and just want cash for spending. I could write a book about them low life's. I just wish WVVA or the Telegraph would do some investigation on them. It would be amazing And then maybe NS would step in.
Amen!
LooseLegsPeaches

United States

#13 Feb 14, 2013
thackman jay-ohn wrote:
LoL & good luck with getting WVVA to to investigate anything that doesn't fall in their lap! Investigating reporting means WORK and clearly that's not gonna happen. Maybe if you were to post this comment in the Raleigh and Greenbrier County Topix they just might look into it. That is what the consider to be our "local news" these days.(0:
mana

Pineville, WV

#14 Mar 6, 2013
thackman jay-ohn wrote:
I just worked there 3 days and I could write a book too!
Sledge Hammer

Chicago, IL

#15 Jul 23, 2013
Posted in response to "D l c" in the Topix Ashland-KY. forum:
Dear Dlc, your logic is part of the problem. You're missing the point of this discussion. We should not be settling for less just because another company's behavior is said to be worse than PTI's.(Although that does seem hard to imagine) But since you mentioned it.., be aware that Renzenberger’s operation is now in the complete control of another company by the name of Hallcon.(See Docket number MCF 210520 on the “Surface Transportation Board” website) This can be good news for drivers working in the industry because eventually it will create the need for tighter regulatory controls of crew hauling contractors and shine a brighter light on the abusive and unsafe environments that many drivers are now experiencing. Of course this will not change any of the facts as we presently know them. Being coerced into operating unsafe equipment or having our collective employment rights violated on an almost daily basis is not something that any of us should perceive as normal or acceptable. Maybe somewhere deep in the dark forests of Siberia, this would probably be ok with the local population. But in a great country such as ours, with a government that proclaims an impenetrable allegiance to the rule of law... there is very little that anyone can say to defend the actions of a business owner who regards his employees as a liability and treats them with an even greater level of contempt. I'd say it's high time for us to wake up and stop pretending that somehow our situation will get better on its own. Instead, those who work for companies like Professional Transportation Incorporated should be contacting "The Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure" in Washington D.C. to tell them about our safety concerns and to personally reveal the truth about the general lack of safety in the crew hauling industry. Let your state legislators hear about these concerns also. Because when they realize that you're politically involved, it changes their perspectives. Otherwise, these lawmakers are only getting a limited view. In some cases,(like with PTI) those views or lopsided opinions do not reflect reality and that’s why PTI has contributed so much money to lobbyists and other political figures. Reading this you might be tempted to think there is no way you can compete with underhanded businessmen or crooked politicians. The truth is that you have something far more valuable than all of the dirty money some business owners have used in an effort to restrict your rights. That "THING" is called a vote. Exercise your voting rights wisely to help yourself and others. Communicate with your elected officials on a regular basis. Another simple, cost free action we can all take is to keep this conversation alive. By posting your comments and experiences online in forums such as this (or others) you are drawing back the curtain and setting the stage for a much broader audience. Maybe when enough high ranking people are exposed for their complete lack of honesty or integrity, we will begin to see positive changes in the crew hauling industry. Unfortunately at this moment in time it appears to be cloaked in layers of uninhibited greed and carefully crafted deception. I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who once said that “Anything worth having is worth fighting for”. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t having a (good) job something that we should all be fighting for? If we are not willing to take action now then perhaps we should just be happy with the peanuts thrown at our feet. Might as well be… because we’re already treated like animals.
john A thackman

Faber, VA

#16 Jul 24, 2013
Pti sux. Con thiefs. Rekord this on your kamera. Middle finger pointed at you
locomotive engineer

Spanishburg, WV

#17 Jul 24, 2013
Sledge Hammer wrote:
Posted in response to "D l c" in the Topix Ashland-KY. forum:
Dear Dlc, your logic is part of the problem. You're missing the point of this discussion. We should not be settling for less just because another company's behavior is said to be worse than PTI's.(Although that does seem hard to imagine) But since you mentioned it.., be aware that Renzenberger’s operation is now in the complete control of another company by the name of Hallcon.(See Docket number MCF 210520 on the “Surface Transportation Board” website) This can be good news for drivers working in the industry because eventually it will create the need for tighter regulatory controls of crew hauling contractors and shine a brighter light on the abusive and unsafe environments that many drivers are now experiencing. Of course this will not change any of the facts as we presently know them. Being coerced into operating unsafe equipment or having our collective employment rights violated on an almost daily basis is not something that any of us should perceive as normal or acceptable. Maybe somewhere deep in the dark forests of Siberia, this would probably be ok with the local population. But in a great country such as ours, with a government that proclaims an impenetrable allegiance to the rule of law... there is very little that anyone can say to defend the actions of a business owner who regards his employees as a liability and treats them with an even greater level of contempt. I'd say it's high time for us to wake up and stop pretending that somehow our situation will get better on its own. Instead, those who work for companies like Professional Transportation Incorporated should be contacting "The Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure" in Washington D.C. to tell them about our safety concerns and to personally reveal the truth about the general lack of safety in the crew hauling industry. Let your state legislators hear about these concerns also. Because when they realize that you're politically involved, it changes their perspectives. Otherwise, these lawmakers are only getting a limited view. In some cases,(like with PTI) those views or lopsided opinions do not reflect reality and that’s why PTI has contributed so much money to lobbyists and other political figures. Reading this you might be tempted to think there is no way you can compete with underhanded businessmen or crooked politicians. The truth is that you have something far more valuable than all of the dirty money some business owners have used in an effort to restrict your rights. That "THING" is called a vote. Exercise your voting rights wisely to help yourself and others. Communicate with your elected officials on a regular basis. Another simple, cost free action we can all take is to keep this conversation alive. By posting your comments and experiences online in forums such as this (or others) you are drawing back the curtain and setting the stage for a much broader audience. Maybe when enough high ranking people are exposed for their complete lack of honesty or integrity, we will begin to see positive changes in the crew hauling industry. Unfortunately at this moment in time it appears to be cloaked in layers of uninhibited greed and carefully crafted deception. I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who once said that “Anything worth having is worth fighting for”. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t having a (good) job something that we should all be fighting for? If we are not willing to take action now then perhaps we should just be happy with the peanuts thrown at our feet. Might as well be… because we’re already treated like animals.
Why don't you mind your own business and butt out. What happens in Bluefoeld stays in Bluefield. Surely. you have enough in Chicago to keep you busy so that you don't need to troll topix looking for a place to spew. Keep your s h ! t and doughnuts in Chicago!!! We have enough of our own down here.
Chen

Lerona, WV

#18 Jul 24, 2013
Look them up on the internet. They are not a bad company.
locomotive engineer

Spanishburg, WV

#19 Jul 24, 2013
Chen wrote:
Look them up on the internet. They are not a bad company.
and you, go back to rupert and mind your own business, zipperhead. we can handle our own crap here in bluefield.
locomotive engineer

Spanishburg, WV

#20 Jul 24, 2013
mana wrote:
<quoted text>
I just worked there 3 days and I could write a book too!
So, why don't you already and stop cluttering the forums in Bluefield??? And while you're writing it, plan on keeping it in Clear Fork. We have enough junky books to read in Bluefield. What happens in Bluefield stays in Bluefield. Butt Out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bluefield City Officials Putting Signs On Peopl... 1 hr KindofStupid 4
Bailey family reunion in july (Jun '15) 1 hr Ruthie 6
It's Now Official ! The Railyard Has Officiall... 1 hr Ruthie 24
Home is Where the Heart is ~ A thru Z ~ 2 hr Jon_B 389
Food Word Game (Feb '15) 2 hr Jon_B 1,867
4 Letter Word Game (Nov '14) 2 hr Jon_B 7,708
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Jon_B 6,637

Bluefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance