GUESS WHAT

Port Republic, VA

#22 Sep 1, 2011
Dare I ask...

ARE ANY OF YOU PERFECT?

JUST WONDERING...

A lot of people have come there and started out terrible, but as they progress and get used to being on camera, they do better. I'm sure it takes a lot of getting used to to be comfortable doing the news, and not all the people there are terrible (Corey Henderson, Eric Greene anyone? Forget about those?), so lets see YOU get on camera and do the news perfectly and flawlessly, and THEN we'll talk.
gamer chick

Richlands, VA

#23 Sep 1, 2011
GUESS WHAT wrote:
Dare I ask...
ARE ANY OF YOU PERFECT?
JUST WONDERING...
A lot of people have come there and started out terrible, but as they progress and get used to being on camera, they do better. I'm sure it takes a lot of getting used to to be comfortable doing the news, and not all the people there are terrible (Corey Henderson, Eric Greene anyone? Forget about those?), so lets see YOU get on camera and do the news perfectly and flawlessly, and THEN we'll talk.
. Because we know better. If they cannot master speech in college then they need to be behind the camera. Yeah no one is perfect but we are not vain eough to think we can do something like that.
Gamer Chick is nuts

Quincy, IL

#24 Sep 1, 2011
WVVA had the McDowell County road that collapsed, the candidates for governor TODAY and the husband admitting TODAY that he killed his wife. How is that old news?
gamer chick

Richlands, VA

#25 Sep 1, 2011
I was talking about the newscast at noon. They only told her name and the collapse did not occur or was not reported yet.
Larry

Princeton, WV

#26 Sep 1, 2011
GUESS WHAT wrote:
Dare I ask...
ARE ANY OF YOU PERFECT?
JUST WONDERING...
What are you talking about? Can you actually understand what is coming out of Corey Henderson's (A.K.A. Droopy) mouth? He mumbles and rambles back and forth between thoughts...really hard to follow. Eric Greene is so opinionated, he may as well be a gossip tv host.....come on, man!!
So then Gamer

Quincy, IL

#27 Sep 1, 2011
How are they supposed to report on stuff that hasn't happened. Maybe they should hire Kreskin. Dope.
GUESS WHAT

Port Republic, VA

#28 Sep 1, 2011
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Can you actually understand what is coming out of Corey Henderson's (A.K.A. Droopy) mouth? He mumbles and rambles back and forth between thoughts...really hard to follow. Eric Greene is so opinionated, he may as well be a gossip tv host.....come on, man!!
I can understand Corey perfectly...I'm guess people have to talk slow for you to understand?
He gives a lot of info in a short period of time, too. Did you ever realize that? They read from a prompter, also, so that has something to do with how fast or slow they have to go.

I'm currently watching the news and all I'm hearing from Eric Greene's mouth is news...not opinion.
Agree with Guess What

Brentwood, TN

#29 Sep 1, 2011
I just watched them at 11. They had a huge fire in Bluefield and layoffs at the hospital. I don't think I saw one story from Beckley. And why shouldn't they cover Beckley. Its in their coverage area. Corey is great on weather. I've never heard Eric give his opinion about anything, except how the stupid newspaper screwed Corey over whether it was 90 degrees. And it was hilarious.
gamer chick

Richlands, VA

#30 Sep 2, 2011
Agree with Guess What wrote:
I just watched them at 11. They had a huge fire in Bluefield and layoffs at the hospital. I don't think I saw one story from Beckley. And why shouldn't they cover Beckley. Its in their coverage area. Corey is great on weather. I've never heard Eric give his opinion about anything, except how the stupid newspaper screwed Corey over whether it was 90 degrees. And it was hilarious.
. That was really funny.. take that bluefield daily punks lol.
gamer chick

Richlands, VA

#31 Sep 2, 2011
I just think that theywait for too many stores to fall in their laps. I have never seen them driving around just to be driving around, if they are down here in tazewell it is because someone called them.
Blind Baby

Lubbock, TX

#32 Sep 2, 2011
Shes doing better, give her time to adapt.
james

Harriman, TN

#33 Sep 2, 2011
Blind Baby wrote:
Shes doing better, give her time to adapt.
these dummies don't know what it is like to start a new job. naturally you are going to be nervous and make mistakes. i say if you don't like her, turn off the tv and go do something productive. don't get on here and beat up on her. sounds like a bunch of kindergarten kids.
Larry

Princeton, WV

#34 Sep 2, 2011
james wrote:
<quoted text> these dummies don't know what it is like to start a new job. naturally you are going to be nervous and make mistakes. i say if you don't like her, turn off the tv and go do something productive. don't get on here and beat up on her. sounds like a bunch of kindergarten kids.
How about we go blow sunshine and rainbows up their rear ends instead and give everybody a lollipop and make them feel good? It's called the real world Skippy....It's not all cupcakes and butterflies. Grow a sack and quit being a namby pamby girly man. This is a free country and until the commies take over and tell me that I can't post my opinion on here...I'll keep doing it.
Huh

Murfreesboro, TN

#35 Sep 2, 2011
gamer chick wrote:
This afternoons news consist of everything that was on yesterday at six. I know something had to occur yesterday evening/night but we will never hear about it. And community events? They talk about one thing on the noon news and then stop. It would be so easy for them to take a few minutes of news programing to show a screen of all events in the area. Cedar bluff always has a giant festival each year that draws hubdreds and they are never there to cover it.
Who gives a crapabout cedar bluff. Nothing ever happens there it is just a neighborhood in richlands!!!!
Huh

Murfreesboro, TN

#36 Sep 2, 2011
gamer chick wrote:
I was talking about the newscast at noon. They only told her name and the collapse did not occur or was not reported yet.
What did wcyb have at noon?
Observer

Beckley, WV

#37 Sep 3, 2011
I looked at her profile on WVVA.com . I cannot believe she has a college degree! That school should lose its accreditation over giving her a degree in anything involving public speaking! The worst part of it all is that we'll have to watch her for a year until her contract expires with WVVA!

Also, has anyone noticed that Corey Henderson looks all droppy eyed? Maybe he needs some of Eric Greene's makeup!

I watch Channel 59 from 5-6 before I turn over to watch the trainwreck on the WVVA news.
Opine

Keswick, VA

#38 Sep 3, 2011
Here's a thought. If you don't like what you watch on tv, turn the freaking channel. Go for a walk. Pay attention to your kids. Read a g-d book for once in your life. Do something with your life. Or you can whine and moan about how you'd do a better job, when you don't know the first thing about the person, the job or the industry.
Opine

Keswick, VA

#39 Sep 3, 2011
I'm betting that most of you yokels complaining about this girl and laughing about her college degree can't even spell college much less graduated from one.
Opine

Keswick, VA

#40 Sep 3, 2011
GUESS WHAT wrote:
Dare I ask...
ARE ANY OF YOU PERFECT?
JUST WONDERING...
Most of these yaya's can barely read much less form meaningful sentences.
apsiughafskfj

Bluefield, VA

#41 Sep 3, 2011
She's new. WVVA is a small-market station that gets most of their people fresh out of college. Move to a bigger market if you want better local news.

She will get better as she goes.

I bet 90% of you were terrible at your job in the first few months and (if you even have a job) you are probably still terrible at it.

It might be a little rough but she still gets the information across to you. If you don't like it, change the channel or (if you can read) try a newspaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best place in Bluefield to have a 100 guest Par... 26 min Alex Bowman 9
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 48 min Theo 6,589
Aunt Bee it's Santa 1 hr santa 1
railyards clover room 1 hr Alex Bowman 3
4 Letter Word Game (Nov '14) 1 hr Mark mark 7,664
Goodmorning Aunt Bee ! Santa loves You 1 hr santa 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr get real 1,479

Bluefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance