Jerry Berry Economic Development Dir for city

Posted in the Bluefield Forum

EBY

Princeton, WV

#1 Apr 9, 2012
Pro or Con? Tuesday's board meeting to seal this deal? A noon board meeting makes it hard for the public to attend.
I KNOW

Bluefield, VA

#2 Apr 10, 2012
Most meetings are not at noon BUT they have maybe one a month or whatever at noon I think it was suggested some might be able to attend from work-do not know if any attendance improvement was notes they as well some time ago moved the meetings to I think 6 pm hoping more could or would attend by not getting out so late.
I believe the decision is already made that the man is hired so this is no longer an issue they have to do an employment contract for him and set starting date.
I feel it is too early to tell what good he will do HOWEVER we DO need some kind of position such as that to make a concentrated effort to market Bluefield.( and not just the downtown Bluefield)
I KNOW

Bluefield, VA

#3 Apr 10, 2012
Well we no longer have to be concerned about him or the free parking building demolition as our TOTALLY INCAPABLE board could not even make a motion or come to an agreement on anything.
Folks they ALL-every one of them-need to go.We need NEW blood...new ideas...new ways.We need a board made up of TOTALLY NEW FACES no priors-no re elects-and end to the archaic backward thinking that has plagued Bluefield.We need folks that will eliminate "thinking in the past" and move on with new and different ways and ideas.
big dog

Roanoke, VA

#4 Apr 11, 2012
I KNOW wrote:
Well we no longer have to be concerned about him or the free parking building demolition as our TOTALLY INCAPABLE board could not even make a motion or come to an agreement on anything.
Folks they ALL-every one of them-need to go.We need NEW blood...new ideas...new ways.We need a board made up of TOTALLY NEW FACES no priors-no re elects-and end to the archaic backward thinking that has plagued Bluefield.We need folks that will eliminate "thinking in the past" and move on with new and different ways and ideas.
I agree whole hearted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Letter Word Game 3 min SWAMP WITCH 395
Knights Inn 41 min Etc 12
Who is the cute redhead walking down the avenue? 1 hr Etc 5
needle junkies...... 1 hr Etc 33
Delegate John Shott 1 hr Tess Mercer 23
Last Letter First Game 1 hr Analog man 337
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Analog man 177
Bluefield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web